The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I clean myself with baby wipes after I use the bathroom, a lot of people I know do and we don't smell or are dirty.
Yes. This. And oatmeal. I honestly stopped using toilet paper a long time ago.

To clarify, I eat the oatmeal... not smear it. In case anyone got confused. 😬

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made it to Illinois after a hectic pack-up and quick leave. Cat's did great in the car. Katrina, who normally cries bloody murder like she is dying, was quiet and less frantic and within about 30-45 min quieted in the car. Isabelle and her called back and forth, occasionally.

Aunt's house was fine. She told me I was free to let the cats roam, unless the kittens started getting into things. She has a cat that normally stays up in her bedroom and is shy, and Isabelle has free roamed before and it has been fine. (Her cat is very chill.) So I let all three roam. Katrina was social and explored and was pretty bold, and Persia found a chair to hide under until night fall and then explored a bit and came out more in the morning. Once when I looked under the chair to check on her, she was sitting up with her head and shoulders disappearing into a hole, or something, in the chair cushion... looked so funny! I'm like, where did your head go???

Made it to my mom's on Sunday and spent a little bit of time getting the bedroom safe for the cats. Someone also came to install a door to separate the upstairs and downstairs as my mom has a cat who Isabelle has gotten very stressed being around in the past. After deep cleaning the living room and moving excess items to the garage and other cat proofing, the cats were allowed to free roam downstairs since yesterday afternoon. Surprisingly, Persia started exploring within an hour or two or the bedroom door officially opening.

Sunnie, the family cat, did end up getting downstairs in the middle of the night since someone did not pull the door until it clicked and Sunnie pushes doors open. Heard meowing in the middle of the night and found Sunnie standing in the living room. Persia was looking at him from under a table, and Isabelle stayed where she was laying on a sofa chair. Picking up Sunnie, he felt a little tense, but maybe because he knew I was making him do upstairs. But relieved no negative interactions happened.

My mom had some feliway leftover from when Isabelle still lived at home, so I plugged some in down here and Isabelle has been a lot calmer than in the past when we've come home on breaks. Maybe the feliway, maybe because she smells/sees Sunnie less (he often stays upstairs).

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he's anything like Demi, he probably wanted to be with the other cats. Demi loves new cat friends. :vancat:
He probably is excited! Although, he liked to show his dominance to Isabelle by biting the back of her neck. It probably didn't help I'd get upset as I didn't know this may be normal (?) back then. Although, maybe because my behavior or not, Isabelle started showing upset when Sunnie approached her and he seemed to start stalking her at times. That is why I'm worried about keeping them together, especially since Isabelle has shown crankiness and fear the past couple times home on break when they have seen or had contact.

It is good to keep Sunnie away right now anyway because he had radioactive (?) treatment for his thyroid and the limited contact and other precautions ends this Thursday.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
to...But the pain of knowing mamas leaving is just too much
I'm thinking about you, and concerned. You said you were speaking with your daughter, can she help you to obtain things for you and Snowball? -- By the way a member you've been worried about and missing is posting again :)

. I wonder if people in other countries are reacting this way.
A TCS member in Ireland says yes.

LOL, I also have about a month's worth of bottled water, but that's left over from last hurricane season. THAT, I supply for!
...I still have a couple things left from Y2K ;)

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking about you, and concerned. You said you were speaking with your daughter, can she help you to obtain things for you and Snowball? -- By the way a member you've been worried about and missing is posting again :)

A TCS member in Ireland says yes.

...I still have a couple things left from Y2K ;)
Furballsmom Furballsmom . Yes I have stuff for me and snowball...And my oldest son will help me if needed...Im trying to hang in there..and the member you are talking about pm me...Thanks for asking about me and snowball...And mama is still hanging in there..but she dont have long😔

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering if college will really be back in-person in a month or if they will resume online only. Would love to know to save money on rent if keeping the rental for the next two months is not needed and get things moved out.

Wondering how long this will continue and if any changes will be made to any summer opportunities, like if they get canceled or postponed.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering if college will really be back in-person in a month or if they will resume online only. Would love to know to save money on rent if keeping the rental for the next two months is not needed and get things moved out.

Wondering how long this will continue and if any changes will be made to any summer opportunities, like if they get canceled or postponed.
I'm wondering about my upcoming externship. My contact at the hospital isn't responding to my emails. My externship coordinator is going to try to find out what's going on. I have no idea if it's related to coronavirus or not, but I'm worried just the same. Not only do I need this experience, it's also a graduation requirement.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My school is online for the rest of the semester which is very upsetting. Not only is my depression getting bad again, I cried for the first time in months for almost no reason a few nights ago. I don't like being isolated. I don't like being away from people. I think that all the friendships I worked hard to build over the past 5 months is all going to diminish/dissolve.

I wanted to find a job this summer and I don't know how that's going to go because of the coronavirus. It feels like everything is ruined.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering about my upcoming externship. My contact at the hospital isn't responding to my emails. My externship coordinator is going to try to find out what's going on. I have no idea if it's related to coronavirus or not, but I'm worried just the same. Not only do I need this experience, it's also a graduation requirement.
Since it's a hospital, maybe they are super busy and haven't had time to check e-mails. Hope you find out something so you know what is going on.

My school is online for the rest of the semester which is very upsetting. Not only is my depression getting bad again, I cried for the first time in months for almost no reason a few nights ago. I don't like being isolated. I don't like being away from people. I think that all the friendships I worked hard to build over the past 5 months is all going to diminish/dissolve.

I wanted to find a job this summer and I don't know how that's going to go because of the coronavirus. It feels like everything is ruined.
:alright: :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.