The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
People hoarding stuff like toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and other stuff also puts people like me who aren't panicking in a tough spot. I don't want to have to go to the store and buy a bunch of groceries but I'm afraid that with all the people panick buying, there won't be much left for us regular folk just out doing our Sunday shopping. 😕

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Im going through a rough time right now..I found out Tuesday of this week..my mamas kidneys are shutting down..shes 81 and in a nursing home..She doesn't have long...it could be today..tomorrow..next week..a month..but they did say she wouldn't be with us next yr..Shes not eating or drinking much or enough at all...Nothing else they can do...Ive been crying for 3 days now...
How are you, and things, today?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Im going through a rough time right now..I found out Tuesday of this week..my mamas kidneys are shutting down..shes 81 and in a nursing home..She doesn't have long...it could be today..tomorrow..next week..a month..but they did say she wouldn't be with us next yr..Shes not eating or drinking much or enough at all...Nothing else they can do...I've been crying for 3 days now...Im so out of it...:(
I am so very sorry. I can only imagine how much you are hurting. We're all here for you. Maybe you could see your doc and tell him what's going on? He may have some suggestions. :hugs: :redheartpump::hearthrob:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's on my mind is, my mom made one last trip to the store in case we have to stay home for a month. I asked her to grab a jar of mayo because we only have one jar...She didn't buy it, she said it was too expensive. Yet she bought 15 packages of meatballs. That makes no sense. :headscratch:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My stepmom has 7 indoor cats and a lot more outdoor cats. All rescues and strays from her area. It was very difficult at first but she has a pretty good handle on the TNR in her area now. But I feel a bit bad for her situation. I know she wants to do more for her indoor cats. Like give them more wet food to improve their fur quality but they still have 2 of my siblings that are dependent on them. She gives the cats dry food and gives a small can of wet at night for the cats to snack on. The 2 girls are super picky so they never eat the wet food. But the other 5 do snack on it. I send her some food and supplies 2-3 times a year but I wonder if I should do it more regularly? Idk! At the same time I have 2 cats that I am fully financially responsible for and I have goals and plans of my own for my money. I guess I wish I were less stingy and/or made a lot more money.

Last edited:

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure the rice snack bars I eat every day are being discontinued. :censored: I have IBS, so a lot of random ingredients upset my stomach. I can't have most granola bars, because all of them seem to have things like inulin and fructose, which make me sick. The rice bars were one of the few proven snacks I could eat and reliably find, and that's most likely now over. Ugh.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't find hand sanitizer anywhere :ohwell:
If you feel you need it, google "homemade hand sanitizer." You will almost certainly find one with ingredients you have on hand,

Probably because of COVID-19.
Hope you don't need to wipe your butt. There seems to be a shortage of toilet paper because of this virus. (don't understand that one).
Oh, I get it. There are places in the world where supplies are not moving well, if at all. Although that was low on my list. Kitty litter...that was WAY UP THERE!!!

Is it safe to leave the refrigerator plugged in if I'm gone for a month?? It does not use that much electricity, and I just bought a bunch of food for the freezer... has anyone had experience with this before??
Yep. Of all the things to leave plugged in, refrigerators and freezers are the safest. Barring something chewing on the cords, they seldom cause issues. So long as you don't have a rodent issue, your fridge will be fine.

I have supplies laid in. I could, if I had to, survive without going to the store for 2-3 months. And Hek could go six months! I do not think that will be necessary, at all. HOWEVER...I am older, diabetic, and have compromised lungs, so I can't take chances on contagion. Better safe than sorry! I keep a well-stocked freezer and pantry, but I did make sure I had enough soup and crackers to keep me alive if I did happen to catch it.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wonder if I should do it more regularly?
Could you maybe do a bit more until the other two siblings move out, something like that?

On my mind is an amazing cat tonight. He got his supper with the milk thistle and usually he heads into the living room. However tonight he gave himself a bath and now is curled up snoozing a few feet away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.