The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What does yours look like? Have the squirrels come to feed yet? Bet they are so happy!

Have you seen these before?
I missed this! Sorry! :paperbag:

I will get a picture later (its super windy and cold today 🥶) but I got one that has a bin with a lid and a platform to screw a cob of corn on.

I tried to leave a bit of the food on the ground to lure them over to it. I put it on a post I already had out there. But its not right next to the bird feeder; which hangs from the eve of the house. And now I haven’t seen even one squirrel in the yard in close to a week! Not even raiding the bird feeder. 🤷🏻‍♀️

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So they did get her back (I wasn't clear about that at first), and you were doing your utmost best to take care of her in the meantime, which is a very large thing when compared to the truly negative things that could have happened. :heartshape:

On my mind - food lol, it's getting close to lunch time..., well, sort of.
I recommend something light. Heavy food will make you sleepy. And thank you. :)

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wake up this morning thinking it has 9am or something. Walked into the kitchen and the stove says 2:02pm. 🙄

This program has turned me into a hard sleeper. Whenever I sleep now, I'm out for 10+ hours. I fell asleep around 1am so I've been asleep for 13 hours!!
You're body must really need the sleep! Take care of yourself, you are worth it <3

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tried SmallBatch's rabbit on the boys. They inhaled it, so I'd call it a winner. I prefer the simplistic ingredients in Vital Essentials, though. The meat also just looks better. Pink and fresh and juicier. Not that SmallBatch looks spoiled, it doesn't. It just has a duller color to it, I guess. I might purchase a bag of vital this weekend or next.

So far Dr. Elsey's Cleanprotein wet food has been going alright. They seem to like it enough to continue purchasing it. They actually seem to do well with the turkey in this brand. Not sure why, but hey, it's one less thing I have to avoid, so I'm not complaining. I'm still avoiding chicken because it's their least favorite flavor, anyway.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had another interview request, and I didn't read the part that said it was mountain time, and I'm eastern right now, so I scheduled an interview that starts smack dab in the middle of one of my classes on Monday, hahaha, oops! Thinking about canceling, or I could skip the class... decisions, decisions. Guess I have all weekend to think about it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My BFF has had cancer 3 times now; Hodgkins Lymphoma. So her doctor wants her to have another transplant. She had one using her own cells after the last time; but since it recurred they want her to get one with a donor. They said it's a known cure. Unfortunately her sisters weren't matches for her. So I was just looking at the Be The Match website for the registry where you can volunteer to donate if you match someone in need. Cancer and these other blood disorders aren't good things ever; but it is pretty neat to think that you can save someones life by donating.

And now we pray for a match soon! (She's doing very well right now though after treatment last summer/fall. :))

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I registered myself there a couple of years ago.
I recently found out you can donate your cord blood after giving birth. When my kids were born I knew I could have ours saved for us or a family member; but you have to pay every month for storage. I never saw anything about being able to donate it to anyone in need. I'd absolutely have done that if it was an option.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently found out you can donate your cord blood after giving birth. When my kids were born I knew I could have ours saved for us or a family member; but you have to pay every month for storage. I never saw anything about being able to donate it to anyone in need. I'd absolutely have done that if it was an option.
I looked into that with Aedan. Our local hospital is too small to facilitate it. I'd have to go give birth in Columbia, 2 hours away. I don't want to drive for 2 hours once I go into labor haha.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I looked into that with Aedan. Our local hospital is too small to facilitate it. I'd have to go give birth in Columbia, 2 hours away. I don't want to drive for 2 hours once I go into labor haha.
😳 Oh my no. You may not make it! 🤪 30 minutes felt long when I was in labor with my DD. With DS I didn’t know I was in labor so technically I drove myself. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 😆 I was having an ultrasound done and the lady was like “Umm... you’re contracting. Can you feel it?” My doctor had her walk me upstairs. Then I started feeling it. 😏

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching Love Is Blind on Netflix and I didn't know a TV show (in which I do not personally know the participant and am not there physically with them) could give me so much anxiety. I told my best friend that it's basically if every Disney princess movie had a baby with The Bachelor/ette.

I'd binge this if I had started watching it earlier in then break but I got work to do unfortunately.

I just find it fascinating watching humans interact with each other in this way. If we wanna get technical here, the psychology of this show's premise basically. It's meant to be an "experiment" in which a set number of males and females talk to each other to determine if they should marry without actually seeing each other. It is only when one of them proposes are they allowed to see each other. They have 40 days to get married I think? Yikes. No phones are allowed, just talking with a wall between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.