The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Would y'all believe that I accidentally deleted ALL of my emails today? It was even a two-step process. First, I managed to move them all to the trash folder (Goddess knows how, I do not), THEN when I was trying to mark the ones I wanted to read as "restore to inbox," I accidentally hit "delete" instead! AND hit "OK" rather than "cancel." Fierce finger fairies today. HOWEVER, I did put in a "restore" order with Yahoo, for everything deleted within the previous four hours. Now, Yahoo being Yahoo, later on tonight they will almost certainly restore 327 emails deleted over the past 5 days, but at least I'll get my missing ones back. Maybe.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6
oh, Cal has a boyfriend? :)
Well, the ginger cat with only one eye wants to be her boyfriend. When he comes to visit, she chases him away
but once I saw them on my deck together and they were sniffing each other. He comes fairly often but at times
she is sleeping. He seems to really fancy her.💖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So everybody knows my mom is a hoarder. I decided to clean out a closet today and as I was putting the clothes in a trash bag, there was this one coat that was so old that it snapped in half when I tried to fold it. :eek2:
She thinks these things have value and won't throw them away. I just don't understand. But they are going to the dump.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
So everybody knows my mom is a hoarder. I decided to clean out a closet today and as I was putting the clothes in a trash bag, there was this one coat that was so old that it snapped in half when I tried to fold it. :eek2:
She thinks these things have value and won't throw them away. I just don't understand. But they are going to the dump.
I'm surprised she even let you clean out the closet and throw things away. True hoarders will fight you for every piece of trash. I only watched one episode of that hoarder show on TV and decided it was time to get rid of stuff. Then after I moved I discovered I still had to much "stuff" and now I am diligently moving things either into the trash or in a bag for Goodwill every week. The things we accumulate that none of the family will want after we are gone!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
none of the family will want after we are gone!
My dentist was chatting while he was working away on a tooth of mine last week, and he mentioned that an acquaintance's father who had just passed has an entire basement full of hobby/model train pieces, complete tracks and displays and dioramas...some of the engines and such-not are quite expensive, ....and not one of the kids/relatives wants any of it :(.

Unfortunately there was no information provided regarding a trusted individual/other hobbyist who could help sell the pieces.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised she even let you clean out the closet and throw things away.
She didn't let me, she was gone shopping for the day. Hopefully she won't notice. This coat was so old and stiff, it looked like it had rigor mortis. I've never seen anything like it in my entire life. It would not even bend, it just snapped. It's probably been in there for over 40 years.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She didn't let me, she was gone shopping for the day. Hopefully she won't notice. This coat was so old and stiff, it looked like it had rigor mortis. I've never seen anything like it in my entire life. It would not even bend, it just snapped. It's probably been in there for over 40 years.
Be prepared. Hoarding is a mental ailment and the hoarder needs psychiatric (counseling) help to get over the issue.
She may very well snap if she finds out. It's not about the stuff, it's what's going on inside her head that makes her want to keep everything.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Be prepared. Hoarding is a mental ailment and the hoarder needs psychiatric (counseling) help to get over the issue.
She may very well snap if she finds out. It's not about the stuff, it's what's going on inside her head that makes her want to keep everything.
She's right, mags. Try to sneak the coat back.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may very well snap if she finds out.
Last time she screamed & cried. But it has to be done so we can move. We are being buried alive under her crap.

She's right, mags. Try to sneak the coat back.
I can't. Dad chopped it up and put it in the trash. We both felt sick after handling it. Probably should have worn gloves & a face mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.