The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought some music CDs for the first time in many years. There's still a lot of music that isn't available on Google Play or iTunes, especially world music like this. I actually had these discs when I was a teen, but I think they were lost in a move. The music really takes me back 🎧
What did you buy? What type of music are you into?I still use CD's in my car, haha, although they are normally bought digitally and then burned onto CDs.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What did you buy? What type of music are you into?I still use CD's in my car, haha, although they are normally bought digitally and then burned onto CDs.
One is Cordilleras by Echoes of Incas, and the other is Gikundi by Barry Bekker. The tracks are pretty relaxing, but I've got my favorites.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Really annoyed with the double standards at work. Yesterday I wore leggings. My supervisor unprofessionally pointed out that they were too tight (instead of taking me aside she just called over to me and then spoke loud about it).

What annoys me is that she always wears these yoga pants that don't leave much to the imagination when it comes to her butt. I can see the outline of her butt crack. You couldn't see anything like that with my leggings. They were simply form fitting and everyone I brought this up to rolled their eyes and told me my leggings weren't that bad and no one seemed to care. But no, they were apparently too scandalous for work...

I guess my supervisor is the only person allowed to go against dress code.

So anyway I bought myself some really form fitting scrub pants as an F-You because she told me scrubs were okay. If my boss as any problems I'm going to bring up my supervisor's pants and that if I can't wear my stuff she can't wear hers.

In other news Teddy is off to the vet Saturday to get the swelling of his bottom lip looked at. It's not the first time it's happened, and it'll eventually go away, but I want to know exactly what it might be and how to treat it. Still can't afford the biopsy, but if I can get his diet under control then maybe he won't need it if allergies are the cause.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sucks having two friends who dislike each other. Especially when one can be really toxic and is completely oblivious to her own behavior. She's always the victim and faultless while everyone else is dumb, overdramatic and a know-it-all. She's not dumb, but she ironically describes herself as she lists the "faults" of others. Sometimes it feels like she's trying to turn me against my other friend.

But at the end of the day, believe it or not, I still enjoy her company (when she's not angry about something/someone) and we've had some great laughs. My other friend luckily understands my struggle because she was in the same boat. The two used to be friends, and now I'm like the kid standing between their divorced parents.

Also apparently my guy friend still likes me...

You know when I said I wanted friends, this isn't what I meant 😂

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
But at the end of the day, believe it or not, I still enjoy her company (when she's not angry about something/someone) and we've had some great laughs. My other friend luckily understands my struggle because she was in the same boat. The two used to be friends, and now I'm like the kid standing between their divorced parents.
Maybe all three of you can be friends again?💖

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie was fussing by the back sliding glass door just now. She wanted to go out into the screen room so I let her. Not 2 minutes later, there is a squirrel in the tree closest to the screen and it is screaming at her. As soon as I opened the door, it jumped to a closer branch and started giving ME what for. :lol:

Sophie was just sitting on the arm of the chair that I have out back looking out the screen and watching the world go by. She had no interest in the squirrel. The squirrel was not pleased at all and yelled at both of us. I grabbed a big handful of shelled walnuts and tossed them out by the tree as a peace offering. The screaming has stopped. For now. :rolleyes2:
I think Sophie has a fella and is playing hard to get!!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One is Cordilleras by Echoes of Incas, and the other is Gikundi by Barry Bekker. The tracks are pretty relaxing, but I've got my favorites.
Listened to Cordillieras by Echoes of Incas since the name was intriguing. Very beautiful instrumentals! They are relaxing.

so, we discovered that hidden parameter :) and both programs are finally completed :) the impossible is possible if we are a little more attentive :)
Way to go!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
When do you think a child is old enough for the top bunk?
Aislyn currently has her own room but has known from the start that she will end up sharing it with Aedan. She asked for bunk beds. We thought it was a great idea. Aedan has been cosleeping with us - long story but he gave me no choice. He wouldn't let us lay him down at all and I needed sleep. We want to transition him to the bottom bunk and put Aislyn on the top. When we assemble the bottom one, we will put on a rail and a ladder. My MIL and Aunt in Law are griping and saying she's too young for a top bunk. I don't think so. She never falls out of bed. And we don't have much choice. There's no room for 2 beds with all their toys. And we have another baby coming in June who will sleep in our room - hopefully please God in her crib. Do you think 7 is too young for a top bunk?
Heck no. The rail will keep her from falling out. Go with your own guts and forget what relatives tell you, they are not the ones living in your house.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I agree. I prefer one on one way more than groups.

Mia6 Mia6

The only way for that to happen is if friend-two acknowledges her toxicity and apologizes to friend-one. And I honestly doubt that'll happen sadly because when friend-one called her out before the friendship ended, she just laughed in her face 🤷‍♀️

It's between them and that's where I'm going to leave it.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I hope you can move soon, too. At my seasonal job where the closest walmart was 45 min. high way driving, some of the techs struggled because they like going into town and doing things on their down time and wished they had known this before accepting the position.

Sometimes we don't know how something will feel to us until we experience it. It sounds like you are self-aware and know criteria you'd want for your next home. This is valuable information.

What does yours look like? Have the squirrels come to feed yet? Bet they are so happy!

Have you seen these before?

Uh oh, welcome back though! Agree with the profile pic! Stunning!

Not sure about age and know bunkbeds are super funny and the kids would probably enjoy them more, but also wanted to mention another option that I didn't know about until recently. There are beds with a lower section that pulls out and can hold a mattress. Although, it depends on room as you mentioned toys have a large footprint in the room.

Also, are they thinking the bung won't have a railing?? I'd be nervous myself to sleep in one without a railing, but many do come with them. In my opinion, it would be hard to fall out of a top bunk if there was a railing.
Those beds are called trundle beds. I have one for company. When the bottom one is pulled out it rises to the same height as the other one so 2 people who are used to sleeping in he same bed will still be right next to each other. Both beds stay made-up with the top one having a heavy day cover on it and sham pillows so it can be used like a sofa when not used as a bed. It's in my "office/utility room" where I also keep my sewing machine and do my water colors on a card table so I can put it all away. I have a double dresser in there where I keep my supplies on one side and the other side is for the occasional guest. Works out well.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm terrible at presenting. Had to present in front of my 3D design class today and I totally froze up. Messed up my lines, tripped over my words, and my voice was dry and cracked.

How do I get better? 😭
Presenting can so scary and nerve-wrecking.

Practice and experience. :hugs: Have you tried practice runs standing up and facing an open room as if there are people in front of you? Sometimes when I practice like this,my anxiety still starts, but it is supposed to be a way to help desensitize you. If you can practice in the room and exact location would be presenting, even better.

The more you present, the easier it should become. When taking speech a few years ago, before almost all of my speeches, a panic attack almost started. Distraction helped me to survive until I presented. I also learned through watching videos of my speeches during that class that we had to critique that I looked a lot more normal than I felt while presenting. Sometimes time felt in slo-mo and that I was talking at an incredibly slow-pace, but when I saw the video I appeared almost completely normal. I still remind myself this because there are still times I am presenting and perceive a flaw and start to clam up, but I try to remind myself I looked normal to the audience and they could not tell. This is important to remember, no matter how you feel or think you are being perceived as, the audience probably sees you as normal. Keep reminding yourself this. It may be hard to believe and ignore what your anxiety is saying at first, but it will get better with practice.

Would it be possible for someone to video you during your next presentation?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, called my mom to ask her a question and the other interview came up. At one point, after asking me the area, she asks, but are you going to be able to find pet housing? I'm like, MOM, that's going to be the question EVERYWHERE! Like, seriously, I wish she'd just STOP pointing out all the obstacles I need to get through and stop pointing out how hard she thinks it's going to be. My anxiety has finally been more under control with worrying about moving and finding a place, and finally feeling more optimistic and exciting. I need to hold onto that, so I can keep moving forward!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you think 7 is too young for a top bunk?
My elder son went into a top bunk, with an excellent, sturdy guard rail, when he was four. Now, granted, he was a little taller than most seven year old boys (almost 49 inches), and very coordinated (swarmed up that ladder like a spider monkey), but he was four. Seven is plenty old enough. Yeah that's the one that's just shy of 6'10" now.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Connor, Murphy, and Mickey - converting dog people one person at a time!
So, today we had the evaluation for Aedan's speech. Long story short, she said she's leaning toward my thoughts that he's just being stubborn and doesn't see the need to speak since he's able to communicate his needs without it. Now for the interesting cat-related bit.
The boys were very social, as per usual. They aren't afraid of strangers and think everyone should love on them. So they were right out here demanding pets and attention and giving her nuzzles. Mickey curled up on her lap and started purring. She said, "I'm really more of a dog person - not that I dislike cats, I just prefer dogs. But you guys are enough to change someone's mind."

Status
Not open for further replies.