The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@WillowMarie, it doesn’t taste quit the same as regular Dr. Pepper but I drink their Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper. I can’t have anything caffeinated past noon or I will literally be up all night.
Whereas I can drink two cups of coffee, go to bed and sleep like a baby. If my doctor told me, "Cut out the coffee or die," I'd put my affairs in order.

Is it illegal to murder your husband after he buys your toddler a microphone that only plays the Hot Dog song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse over and over and over again or is that considered a justifiable homicide? Asking for a friend .
It is...however, tell your "friend" to have the lawyer load the jury with women. There is no way they'd convict!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Spending a few hours cleaning my litter robot right now. Haven't really done a deep cleaning for a long time. Like over a year! I'm even replacing a couple of parts like the inner lining and the flap. Flap is useless so I asked litter robot to send me a plug and they did for free. Feels nice that the cats are gonna have a super clean litterbox to use tonight. :)
I had been wondering if anyone else here had a LitterRobot. I have the original one and an LR3 which is giving me problems one after another (although the company has been very good about sending me parts and instructions on how to install them for free) which the LR1 never has. There are just too many things that can go wrong with the newer model, the LR1 is a plain workhorse that never ever has had one problem and I have had it for over 10 years. I use it for a backup whenever the LR3 is on the blink but the cats like the newer one better because it is bigger. Mine needs cleaning also. I also got rid of the flap and they sent me a plug for free. Yes, it is very expensive although I have had the LR3 for ca 7 years now and it was a lot cheaper then, but it saves on litter and of course no more scooping and no stinky litter box ever. As I am an old lady now it really helps not to have to scoop anymore. Get one before the price goes up even more and get an older model if you can because those don't break down as much.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jemima Lucca Jemima Lucca , I don’t understand it either. Giving away a 15 year old cat is like leaving your grandmother on the curb and driving away. It is also upsetting when a person gets a new kitten and then decides that their older cat should be rehomed because the two aren’t getting along.
Amen to that. I had to rehome a cat because he did not get along with the resident cat but he was an adult cat and the newcomer of just a few months and he found a home where it was love at first sight on both cat and new mom. He has now been there about 5 years and has a new sister who bosses him around although she is much younger but appears to be as big as he is, she's a Persian and he is a Maine Coon mix. It has worked out well.
On the other hand, I adopted a 13 year old cat because the owner said she had too many cats and was moving to smaller quarters. This cat loves me to death, comes and sits in my lap any chance he gets, sleeps above my head every night and probably has it better with me than he did before. I too could not understand how someone could give up a cat after that many years but it has worked out well for both him and me and he has been with me for 3 years now.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So here’s what’s on my mind right now. I have a glass top stove and my husband say; most people have crumbs on their stove top and counters, we have cat prints! :flail: :crackup::runningcat::dizzycat:
My cats may be weird but they NEVER jump on counters, tables or other places where they are not allowed. A hot stove could be dangerous if they get on the smooth top stove, I had on of those in the last place I lived and was I ever glad that my cats are not counter surfers.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An update on Panthera: he is doing well, no sign of him feeling unwell, he eats, sleeps and acts as he did before the vet gave me his impending death sentence diagnosis so I may have him longer than anticipated. The few days that he went off his food were probably because he had to stay at the vet's overnight and did not get breakfast the next morning, was poked, shaved and who knows whatever other indignities were visited upon him, so he just pouted once he got home again, everything is well again.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats may be weird but they NEVER jump on counters, tables or other places where they are not allowed. A hot stove could be dangerous if they get on the smooth top stove, I had on of those in the last place I lived and was I ever glad that my cats are not counter surfers.
Yes I worried about that also, however it’s usually at night. And if I’m cooking I make a motion with my hand that they understand is “no”. And when I’m done cooking I cover the burners with a lid. They actually know it’s hot and avoid it at that time. I have a kitchen garden window above my sink and it’s their favorite “tv” as they’re indoor cats. Only one way to get to that-counter. Thanks for your concern but I have it figured out. I’ve had cats all my life from age 8 and I’m 60 😉🙏🏻

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had been wondering if anyone else here had a LitterRobot. I have the original one and an LR3 which is giving me problems one after another (although the company has been very good about sending me parts and instructions on how to install them for free) which the LR1 never has. There are just too many things that can go wrong with the newer model, the LR1 is a plain workhorse that never ever has had one problem and I have had it for over 10 years. I use it for a backup whenever the LR3 is on the blink but the cats like the newer one better because it is bigger. Mine needs cleaning also. I also got rid of the flap and they sent me a plug for free. Yes, it is very expensive although I have had the LR3 for ca 7 years now and it was a lot cheaper then, but it saves on litter and of course no more scooping and no stinky litter box ever. As I am an old lady now it really helps not to have to scoop anymore. Get one before the price goes up even more and get an older model if you can because those don't break down as much.
What kind of problems have you had? Initially I was using non clay litter and it didn't have as good clumping power which led to more moisture in the box. So I ended up having to replace the DFI sensors and pinchers around the 2 year mark. Besides that I guess it's sensitive about the fullness of the box. Gotta shake it.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of problems have you had? Initially I was using non clay litter and it didn't have as good clumping power which led to more moisture in the box. So I ended up having to replace the DFI sensors and pinchers around the 2 year mark. Besides that I guess it's sensitive about the fullness of the box. Gotta shake it.
The latest one also was the DFI and the pincher which was corroded. That was not too difficult to do. But I also had to replace the big circuit board about a year ago. Before that it was one thing or another. Once they sent me a whole new bottom part free of charge because it was still in warranty. Another time they repaired it and that was also under warranty, can't remember what was wrong then, many times it would stop in mid-cycle with lights flashing all over and no matter what I did I could not make it go right again. This was before they had all those videos on utube and no directions on how to correct the problem unless you contacted them via email or phone although I must say the rep I "talked" to has been very helpful and knowledgeable. Most of the problems were at the beginning but some as lately as just 2 years ago and it was one after another, sometimes within days of having solved the problem when it would pop up again and the previous solution did not work. I have been using World's Best Litter with good success even though I lived just 5 miles from the beach in SoCal, now in Reno where the humidity is so low I should have no problems as far as corrosion, I think the corrosion was already there when I moved here and when it rained and snowed the humidity went up and finally did the pincher in. Now that I know that this could be the problem I will take it upon myself to take the pincher out (since I now know how to do that) every 6 months or so and inspect it for corrosion and polish it if necessary or ask for a new one. It will save me a lot of frustration. I still like the old LR1 or even the LR2 better because they do not have all the whistles and bells which can go wrong but kitties prefer this one so I cater to them. The LR is still the best automatic litterbox on the market because it does not jam, no icky rake to clean and no expensive parts to buy every month. With 3 cats I change the garbage bag every 3 days, what's not to like? And cleaning it? Like you, I do it once a year when the weather is fine and I can take it outside and wash it with a garden hose.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The latest one also was the DFI and the pincher which was corroded. That was not too difficult to do. But I also had to replace the big circuit board about a year ago. Before that it was one thing or another. Once they sent me a whole new bottom part free of charge because it was still in warranty. Another time they repaired it and that was also under warranty, can't remember what was wrong then, many times it would stop in mid-cycle with lights flashing all over and no matter what I did I could not make it go right again. This was before they had all those videos on utube and no directions on how to correct the problem unless you contacted them via email or phone although I must say the rep I "talked" to has been very helpful and knowledgeable. Most of the problems were at the beginning but some as lately as just 2 years ago and it was one after another, sometimes within days of having solved the problem when it would pop up again and the previous solution did not work. I have been using World's Best Litter with good success even though I lived just 5 miles from the beach in SoCal, now in Reno where the humidity is so low I should have no problems as far as corrosion, I think the corrosion was already there when I moved here and when it rained and snowed the humidity went up and finally did the pincher in. Now that I know that this could be the problem I will take it upon myself to take the pincher out (since I now know how to do that) every 6 months or so and inspect it for corrosion and polish it if necessary or ask for a new one. It will save me a lot of frustration. I still like the old LR1 or even the LR2 better because they do not have all the whistles and bells which can go wrong but kitties prefer this one so I cater to them. The LR is still the best automatic litterbox on the market because it does not jam, no icky rake to clean and no expensive parts to buy every month. With 3 cats I change the garbage bag every 3 days, what's not to like? And cleaning it? Like you, I do it once a year when the weather is fine and I can take it outside and wash it with a garden hose.
We were using the world's best litter as well! The corn based litter is just no match for the clumping and drying power of clay litter. I highly recommend using clay litter for the robot iii. But yes it is much heavier. Our technician recommended it and it really does make a difference. Clay is just superior for drying things up and keeping the robot nice and glitch free.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My cats may be weird but they NEVER jump on counters, tables or other places where they are not allowed.
Thankfully, Hek is not interested in the stove...as for the rest...I was having real issues with her getting on the countertops and tables, but we've been working hard on that, and I'm happy to report that it doesn't bother me at all anymore!

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fell down the stairs Friday night and now my left butt cheek is bruised pretty bad and it hurts to sit. It could have been worse, obviously, but having a sore butt isn't fun.

Turns out I'd have to work seven days in a row if I worked for the pet supplies store I was offered a job at. Yeah, no thanks. I'll keep looking, I guess. Maybe the vet clinic I take my boys to needs another receptionist and would be willing to hire me despite my lack of experience in that area. I mean, everyone has to start somewhere.

Dude at work must dislike me because he looks/glances/straight up stares at me, but never smiles, or talks to me (other than a quick 'sup or how's it going). He smiles at and talks to everyone else. The only time I can get a smile out of him is if I jokingly pick on him.

Tried Hound & Gatos on the boys. At first, Teddy got excited about the rabbit but changed his mind after a few bites...BOI, HONEY CHILD, WORK WITH ME HERE lol I ordered as many flavors of Koha on The Pet Beastro website as I could, including frickin kangaroo. Now I'm on other sites I shop at to find more brands. Not a fan of always running up to the store. We gonna find something. I did get them the Venison version of Ziwipeak air-dried today so at least something they eat is no longer screwing them up.

Bought my first makeup vanity. I've always wanted one and NOW I FINALLY GOT ONE WOO.

Started drinking a gallon (well not an entire gallon. A cup less than one) of water a day, It's gotten easier and I don't pee every five seconds anymore lol

Status
Not open for further replies.