The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a terrifying night last night... Woke up and one ankle was incredibly stiff and hurt to move, similar to when a leg falls asleep, but very different. Thinking wrong position or one of the cats was laying on me weird. Got up to use the restroom while trying to hop and walk using both feet. It really hurt! Sitting on the toilet, I started feeling nauseous and weird. Found myself on the cold tiles of the bathroom floor and the front/side of my head was throbbing. I had passed out. I was really out of it, but wobbled into the kitchen to drink lots of water as my first thought was I might be dehydrated because I started feeling nauseous right before.

I got some water and started to drink, but it was hard, and at some point I was on the floor again. Atleast once, but maybe two more times. I felt water from a puddle on the floor when getting up as I must have knocked the cats water bowls and they spilled. This time I turned on the light to help orient myself and drank a full glass of water and grabbed an ice pack for my head. I hoped the light would keep me oriented, and if I started to get blackened vision if passing out again, would notice this time if the lights were on! I was so out of it until the feeling passed, I was worried I was going to die and that I wouldn't be able to get a phone and be able to call someone. Plus, I don't have health insurance in this state... so I didn't want anyone taking me to the E.R. or calling for an ambulance... :disappointed:

It was absolutely terrifying, but things are much better this morning. Went to the school nurse and let my teachers know I won't be in class (only presented in one and then left), and told my workstudy boss I was taking the day off. When I asked the nurse if I had a concussion, he said that if I have one, it would be very, very minor based on my recall and how I feel now, and things seem to be okay right now based on how I feel and being able to keep water and food down.

I've never felt so out of control with what I wanted my body and mind to do before. It was such a weird, cringe-worthy feeling. Still not sure what happened. Luckily, the swelling is way down. It was very swollen when I came to after the first fall, and iced it for at least 30 min. before going back to bed. I tend to bruise really easily, and, surprisingly, so far it doesn't look too bad with hardly any color, but is still a bit swollen, or as the school nurse said, bruised.

On a happy, exciting note! Persia just climbed off my lap next to my feet where Isabelle is curled up, haha. Her head is laying right next to Isabelle, and she is curled up right next to her side. No growl at first either! Only after 15 seconds a tiny, half-hearted growl and Isabelle is quiet and napping again. <3 Awwwww!
Oh scary! Did you have any warm area in the swelling? A black or blue lump sore to the touch? I’d worry about a dvt. Then a tia. I’m not a doctor or nurse, however I’ve seen my fair share of experience with this working in the care field. Glad you feel better today...👍🏼

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie Oh, sweetie, please get this checked out. Hospitals have all kinds of programs for people with no insurance. I had a 6 month gap where I had no insurance after I had been on my ex-husband's after our divorce.In Ohio you're allowed to be on an ex's insurance for 3 years. The Cleveland Clinic wrote off about $3500.00 in medical bills for me.

Please go to an er and tell them what happened.💝

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie I was thinking of a DVT— blood clot, also. But it is not usually associated with the neurological symptoms you had.

It must have been frightening.

If it does happen again, please call 911. Deal with the financial, Later. There is always financial help available; to those who need it. In my experience, hospitals have a financial coordinator who can help you.

Do not let this go. Please. ((((Hugs)))

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 - I'd be surprised if we got anything over 75%. Our instructor for design class is pretty tough. In the end, marks don't matter at graduation. It's your level of professionalism and your portfolio. That's what they keep telling us. So I'm not stressed about it. It was a great experience and if anything, I learned from the whole process of idea generation to final resolution. 😁

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie OMG that is not okay. You need medical attention! Would you be able to get some care from your school's facilities?
I did go to the school nurse, although he can't run tests, and said to come back if I'm not feeling well. We get a reduced fee for a doctor near school if get a script from the school nurse to see them, but I'm worried about the costs of tests if they need to run any. I saw my therapist today, and he said he wants me to see a doctor, but he also knows my financial situation and understands it will be very expensive as they will want to run tests and cost me thousands of dollars.

I don't know why I'm so emotional about this project being over. Maybe I'm just projecting my emotions and its not really the assignment being over that I'm sad about. Either way, my anxiety was very bad today and I felt like crying the entire time. Perhaps the opportunity to work with someone I get along with enriched my life for a short time but now we are on to a new assignment with different partners.
Congrats on the presentation! Those lights look so neat! Have you thought about asking your partner to do something afterwards, like hang or work on another project, even if not for class? It sounds like you really enjoyed their company. You never know unless you ask. Maybe they feel the same, but are scared to make the first move! :hugs:

Oh scary! Did you have any warm area in the swelling? A black or blue lump sore to the touch? I’d worry about a dvt. Then a tia. I’m not a doctor or nurse, however I’ve seen my fair share of experience with this working in the care field. Glad you feel better today...👍🏼
No warmness, no coloration, and no lumps on my body. I have a slight bump on my head, but no coloration...yet. Thanks everybody for caring.

Thank you everyone for caring about me. I'm sorry if I've worried anyone. I'm going to see how the next few days are as I've been feeling good these past couple of days. If I need to, I may take a trip back to IL as this is where my insurance works, but I will have to miss some school and work if this happens. I'll also check in with the school nurse at school again in the next day or two. I did speak with my therapist today, and while he would like me to see a doctor, he says he also understands my financial situation and why I did not go.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Talking to my neighbor about taking over caretaking for these cats. She's only 3 doors up and so I'll still see them but the conditions here with the screaming mother who throws tantrums every hour and stress, it's not healthy for the cats. It breaks my heart to relinquish this but I have to do what's best for them. At least until something changes here. She may not do it but I have to try. Mom is not going to get any better or change her ways at 96 years old. :(

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Submitted a few more applications for grad and seasonal yesterday, and received another seasonal interview request this morning! This one is only part-time, but deals with small mammal trapping (!!!), so I decided to give it a shot and apply. Although, cost of living seems very high in the area, and the payrate offered (nothing listed for ranges) will be very dependent on if this option would be beneficial, if the position was offered to me. Basically seems like it would be hard to find apartments, even studios, for under $1,000...plus pet rent and deposits are outrageous... Even if it doesn't work out, it will be great interviewing practice though! Trying to keep an open mind and just keep applying and doing interviews before trying to figure out how to make it work, haha.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've kind of been having a rough time of it lately. I'm trying to get healthier, so I'm trying to cut back on caffeine, and a month and a half ago, I started going on half doses of my antidepressant. I'm really feeling drained at my job, behind on the music thread, ready for spring, and all I want to do is sleep and play the video game I started on my honeymoon flights.

Hopefully I'll be more active here soon.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie , your dizziness/passing out episode sounds a lot like what I experience if my blood sugar goes too low. While I am diabetic, low blood sugar can happen in anyone. If it happens again, immediately have a glass of juice, milk or sugared soda and as other have said, get medical help. If it is your blood sugar the drink should help raise it and you should feel better within 15 minutes.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I don’t understand some people and their thought process. Case in point: on my Nextdoor app a mother is pleading for a cat companion for her 10 yr old son. Apparently his 3 yr old cat was hit and killed when accidentally slipping out the door. I was looking at a Craigslist community ad because I try matching lost pets to owners (I know, a lesson in futility). I came across an ad for a free 15yr old cat that the owner was getting rid of because he was moving. He stated that the cat was healthy because he had it since she was a kitten! I was so upset that I emailed him to please please please reconsider this. No response. So I pleaded with the woman who was looking for a cat for her son. I even said that this could be a great lesson in compassion for her son. No response. I just don’t get how people can be so indifferent and even callous to situations that require them to be compassionate. This is hard for me to swallow 😢

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I came across an ad for a free 15yr old cat that the owner was getting rid of because he was moving.
I'd read a little while ago that craiglist was cracking down on these types of "for free" posts, for any animal, and deleting them. Maybe that's changed or they've gotten lax, but in the future instead of trying to contact the poster, flag the post. If it stays up or reappears, keep contacting craigslist.

No response.
Sometimes Nextdoor posters post and then disappear/never reply, most often because they found something that works for them offline and then don't come back to update, or in some situations they receive too many private communications from haters.

On my mind - snow ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.