The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spending a few hours cleaning my litter robot right now. Haven't really done a deep cleaning for a long time. Like over a year! I'm even replacing a couple of parts like the inner lining and the flap. Flap is useless so I asked litter robot to send me a plug and they did for free. Feels nice that the cats are gonna have a super clean litterbox to use tonight. :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Nemo approves the cleanliness. :p
View attachment 321746
Gives me an idea for the cats outside. I'll bet something like that with straw would make a nice shelter. They don't like official shelters, they all have to have huge openings like one above. Sorry off topic but I may try something like this. When I quit hurting myself that is

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sooooo adorable!!!!! That is a nice litter box!
Thank you! We wouldn't be able to have more than 1 cat without it because we are lazy. We have 3 cats and it makes the litter box duties bearable.

Gives me an idea for the cats outside. I'll bet something like that with straw would make a nice shelter. They don't like official shelters, they all have to have huge openings like one above. Sorry off topic but I may try something like this. When I quit hurting myself that is
Yes I imagine it would work. Maybe on top of a mat or something. Please don't hurt yourself. Seek help.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We wouldn't be able to have more than 1 cat without it because we are lazy. We have 3 cats and it makes the litter box duties bearable.
HA!!!!!!:flail::lol2::lolup: Thank you!! I needed a good funny!!

EDIT: Wowza, I'm not laughing any longer since I looked at the price!! That thing rocks!!

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! We wouldn't be able to have more than 1 cat without it because we are lazy. We have 3 cats and it makes the litter box duties bearable.

Yes I imagine it would work. Maybe on top of a mat or something. Please don't hurt yourself. Seek help.
Uhm, when I said hurt myself it isn't intentional. I'm just clumsy for 64 years. Like tripping over stuff or the cats. Not sure if psychologists can help with being clumsy :(

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhm, when I said hurt myself it isn't intentional. I'm just clumsy for 64 years. Like tripping over stuff or the cats. Not sure if psychologists can help with being clumsy
You're just like me. My latest one was dropping an 8" thick cinder block on my foot.
The month is still young, I will probably do worse.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HA!!!!!!:flail::lol2::lolup: Thank you!! I needed a good funny!!

EDIT: Wowza, I'm not laughing any longer since I looked at the price!! That thing rocks!!
Yes it's very expensive and nice but it's definitely not perfect! I don't think it's deep enough. It was made for cats that eat dry food and my cats eat a moisture rich diet so it gets a bit messy in there at times. My friends who feed mostly dry don't have this issue. It's a decent size but not big enough for a male maine coon probably. The drawer is a bit sensitive and starts indicating fullness a bit prematurely. So we shake the tray around to get another day out of it. It allows us to not keep up with multiple litter boxes multiple times a day so it's worth it to us.

Uhm, when I said hurt myself it isn't intentional. I'm just clumsy for 64 years. Like tripping over stuff or the cats. Not sure if psychologists can help with being clumsy :(
Well phew!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a terrifying night last night... Woke up and one ankle was incredibly stiff and hurt to move, similar to when a leg falls asleep, but very different. Thinking wrong position or one of the cats was laying on me weird. Got up to use the restroom while trying to hop and walk using both feet. It really hurt! Sitting on the toilet, I started feeling nauseous and weird. Found myself on the cold tiles of the bathroom floor and the front/side of my head was throbbing. I had passed out. I was really out of it, but wobbled into the kitchen to drink lots of water as my first thought was I might be dehydrated because I started feeling nauseous right before.

I got some water and started to drink, but it was hard, and at some point I was on the floor again. Atleast once, but maybe two more times. I felt water from a puddle on the floor when getting up as I must have knocked the cats water bowls and they spilled. This time I turned on the light to help orient myself and drank a full glass of water and grabbed an ice pack for my head. I hoped the light would keep me oriented, and if I started to get blackened vision if passing out again, would notice this time if the lights were on! I was so out of it until the feeling passed, I was worried I was going to die and that I wouldn't be able to get a phone and be able to call someone. Plus, I don't have health insurance in this state... so I didn't want anyone taking me to the E.R. or calling for an ambulance... :disappointed:

It was absolutely terrifying, but things are much better this morning. Went to the school nurse and let my teachers know I won't be in class (only presented in one and then left), and told my workstudy boss I was taking the day off. When I asked the nurse if I had a concussion, he said that if I have one, it would be very, very minor based on my recall and how I feel now, and things seem to be okay right now based on how I feel and being able to keep water and food down.

I've never felt so out of control with what I wanted my body and mind to do before. It was such a weird, cringe-worthy feeling. Still not sure what happened. Luckily, the swelling is way down. It was very swollen when I came to after the first fall, and iced it for at least 30 min. before going back to bed. I tend to bruise really easily, and, surprisingly, so far it doesn't look too bad with hardly any color, but is still a bit swollen, or as the school nurse said, bruised.

On a happy, exciting note! Persia just climbed off my lap next to my feet where Isabelle is curled up, haha. Her head is laying right next to Isabelle, and she is curled up right next to her side. No growl at first either! Only after 15 seconds a tiny, half-hearted growl and Isabelle is quiet and napping again. <3 Awwwww!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well phew!
I would certainly hope that anyone who would purposely hurt themselves (and yes there are people like that) would not have any kind of cat or dog to care for because if they do that to themselves they can't be trusted with a animal companion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would certainly hope that anyone who would purposely hurt themselves (and yes there are people like that) would not have any kind of cat or dog to care for because if they do that to themselves they can't be trusted with a animal companion.
Um . . . well, I do. I would never dream of hurting my cats.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie OMG that is not okay. You need medical attention! Would you be able to get some care from your school's facilities?

Um . . . well, I do. I would never dream of hurting my cats.
When you hurt yourself you hurt the people / pets close to you. Just the way it is. What would happen to the cats if you took it too far one day? Not judging you or saying there's a simple solution to it all. Just explaining the though process behind moonstone's statement.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I believe you might be confused about why people self-harm and what self-harming is. There's no shame in not knowing about everything. I know you didn't intend your post in a mean way.

It's not @KatieM 's job to educate us. Her cats are perfectly safe and her problem is being addressed. She's been very transparent with us, but I strongly suspect that most people who self-harm aren't.

I'm thinking about Willow's Daddy. We went to see the movie 1917 yesterday, which helped me understand how much I can never understand about what happened to him in Nam. I don't think we've ever spent such a large chunk of time together before and I'm serious about this. No idea how it's going to play itself out.

He's talking about wanting to live to be 100, which means I only have to live to be 82, but I know I'm going to have to fight for him every step of the way. He isn't going to adapt to captivity.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no idea. My thought process is very different than most people and I apologize. Kittlyluv is correct and that is what I meant. I don't spend a lot of time in these forums and mainly stayed in the cat specific forums so my apologies as I had no idea and did not mean to offend. :( But my clumsiness makes me worry about how safe the cats are around me as I could fall and hurt one of them. I already injured Treasure's paw after his injury by accidentally stepping on him. 4 months later and he still doesn't trust me fully. :( But for an Example: in 2024 I am willingly giving up my DL. Why? Because by that time Mom will be gone most likely at her age now and I have no one to say "Hey Mom you are getting reckless in driving." And so before I do anything on the road to hurt not only myself and hurt others I have made my mind up to not renew. Also once this colony is gone from hopefully old age and not my stupid mistakes I am not going to get involved any more because the colony becomes dependent upon you and if something happened to me what would the cats do? I don't trust my neighbors to take over, they couldn't come and dump some food in bowls for me when I was on crutches at the first of the year so they aren't about to take over being caretakers.

I sometimes wonder if the cats would be better with someone other than me (in fact I know they would be better off with someone else but I'm responsible for them now and love them all) but that is talked about in another forum/discussion

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really over... 😞 We presented our final today.
IMG-20200210-WA0003.jpeg
IMG-20200210-WA0006.jpeg

I don't know why I'm so emotional about this project being over. Maybe I'm just projecting my emotions and its not really the assignment being over that I'm sad about. Either way, my anxiety was very bad today and I felt like crying the entire time. Perhaps the opportunity to work with someone I get along with enriched my life for a short time but now we are on to a new assignment with different partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.