The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy was hacking on a hairball a few minutes ago. Finny walked over to him and I thought he was gonna try and wrestle but he just gave Teddy kisses until the hacking subsided. My mom mentioned that when Teddy had a hairball before Finny came running over to assist lol

They might pick on each other and play too rough, but at the end of the day, they love each other.

Really need to get Teddy that biopsy this month and figure out a solution for his skin problems, because his constant licking is giving him hairballs.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, I just dropped and cracked my phone. This is the first phone I ever broke.
On the up side, I've had this phone for over a year and it's out of date, also it's a Tracfone, so I can get a better, updated phone at Walmart for pretty cheap. And my ex just sent me a $100 gift certificate to Walmart for my birthday. So technically, he's buying me a new phone.
Don't you just love it when things come together perfectly?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People are crazy.
So, Aedan can use silverware and drink of cups without spilling. He has great gross and fine motor skills - very advanced according to the person who evaluated him the other day. But, he barely talks. Which is why I had him evaluated. I guess the first person was the pre-evaluater and someone else will be doing the real evaluation to see if he qualifies for an early intervention program. The pediatrician said he should have around 50 words by now, and he doesn't. Personally, I think it's stubborness. He communicates his needs and wants very well without words, so I think he just doesn't see the point in using them. And there's no power on earth that's gonna get that boy to do anything he doesn't want to do. I've never met a more hard-headed child in my life. But I'm still having him evaluated because if he does need help, I want him to have it.
When my uncle was little, he had very few verbal skills. He would say one word over and over for a long period of time, then switch to a knew word. My grandma was so worried about it, sure he had learning differences or something. Apparently he was just striving for mastery of language before using it. He went from saying one word over and over to speaking in full sentences overnight. He's a genius now, so it all worked out.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
People are crazy.
So, Aedan can use silverware and drink of cups without spilling. He has great gross and fine motor skills - very advanced according to the person who evaluated him the other day. But, he barely talks. Which is why I had him evaluated. I guess the first person was the pre-evaluater and someone else will be doing the real evaluation to see if he qualifies for an early intervention program. The pediatrician said he should have around 50 words by now, and he doesn't. Personally, I think it's stubborness. He communicates his needs and wants very well without words, so I think he just doesn't see the point in using them. And there's no power on earth that's gonna get that boy to do anything he doesn't want to do. I've never met a more hard-headed child in my life. But I'm still having him evaluated because if he does need help, I want him to have it.
Late talking can be an inherited trait. My sister had a son who didn’t talk until nearly five. He grew up and had two sons who also didn’t talk until about four or five. All of them within a matter of a few months went from non speaking to full sentences and excellent communication While my nephew is pretty much just regular intelligence both of his children are in the gifted category.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My personal finance teacher must not be a pet person. She called me out on my fake budget assignment, with a career, salary, and location she gave me, that I spent more on my pets needs than my needs. One of the things I've learned was to live as frugally as possible over the years, especially since returning to school and making my money go farther. But for pets, there is nothing else I could cut, unless I find another litter that is cheaper or feed dry instead of wet. It makes me wonder if my teacher has struggled financially and had to learn ways to live on as little as possible. She told us for our budgets no one could say only $100 for groceries in a month... :flail: So I put $150 to not get points deducted. I also researched the grocery stores for the location I was given, and did mention there was an Aldi, which has super cheap fruits and veggies.

It's been really bugging me, but I had a conversation with my mum the other day. At some point she asked if I would come home if I didn't get any job offers. The comment surprised me (although it shouldn't have) and I countered I WOULD get a job offer, it just depends on what it is and where. Considering the last two summers I've had multiple offers for field jobs, and I have more experience now and will have graduated, this isn't just me being jaded. Anyways, why would I want to go back to Illinois and not stay in my rental at school until I figured out my plans? Being back home would set me back emotionally and create a barrier for me to reach my potential and goals.

She also made a comment about "if" i get into grad school when i was talking about it. I know my job experience, publications, that I've done multiple independent research, presented at conferences, and my gpa make me competitive or at least qualified to be a decent candidate, but I do have reservations about my gre score. That was one of the reasons it took me so long to finish my first cover letters for grad school. Although some scores don't require gre, only need it as a formality, etc., and I may also just be hard on myself as some of the applications stated a combined gre score preferred or needed, and I was at or above the number they gave. It would be great though if my mom could just support and encourage me and tell me to go for it instead of trying to plant seeds of doubt and insecurity. :sigh:

I'm not strong enough to ignore her comments yet, so back to trying not to talk to her unless necessary for the time being.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I’ve been contemplating starting a blog about many things in my life that create a narrative that I sometimes have no control over. Funny thing is I have no idea how to do that. And, where do I start? Do I use my name or my alter ego name (for anonymity)? Etc. idk, sometimes I feel I need an outlet for the vast universe of my inner world. Anybody relate?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm an idiot. I was sitting in my yard and decided to move a cinder block that was just sitting there for no reason. Apparently I didn't have a good grip and dropped it...right on my foot. I don't think I broke it but it is severely bruised and swollen up.
But what really upsets me is that I broke a nail. This makes 3 nails in two days. All on the same hand.
I sure hope they grow back out quickly.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm an idiot. I was sitting in my yard and decided to move a cinder block that was just sitting there for no reason. Apparently I didn't have a good grip and dropped it...right on my foot. I don't think I broke it but it is severely bruised and swollen up.
But what really upsets me is that I broke a nail. This makes 3 nails in two days. All on the same hand.
I sure hope they grow back out quickly.
You should get an X-ray. You could've broken some bones. There are 26 in our feet.
Sorry about your nails, they're so pretty!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been contemplating starting a blog about many things in my life that create a narrative that I sometimes have no control over.
Have you tried Facebook? I hate using my real name on there though. That's why I have it set to private and only added 27 family/friends. But it's really boring with that few people. I prefer it here on TCS.

This makes 3 nails in two days. All on the same hand.
Jeez, I hope you're okay! I broke a nail last night opening a bottle of hot sauce. The dang bottle had a piece of plastic over the spout. My dad had to get out a jackknife to remove it.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very concerned about the asbestos in my house. I had to make a hole in the ceiling to hang another light for my aquarium and I didn't consider the dust from the dry wall. There are multiple holes in the ceiling from my parents hanging stuff here back in the 80s/90s.

These holes are constantly dropping dust and stuff. My anxiety is really bad right now because the dark voice in my head is telling me that I'm going to get lung cancer.

I tried to wash the dust off of my hands and face but I'm so scared.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very concerned about the asbestos in my house. I had to make a hole in the ceiling to hang another light for my aquarium and I didn't consider the dust from the dry wall. There are multiple holes in the ceiling from my parents hanging stuff here back in the 80s/90s.

These holes are constantly dropping dust and stuff. My anxiety is really bad right now because the dark voice in my head is telling me that I'm going to get lung cancer.

I tried to wash the dust off of my hands and face but I'm so scared.
I thought by law that had to be removed?

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought by law that had to be removed?
My house was build in the 1960s.

Even when they repaired our bathroom not too long ago, they used asbestos (it's a rental property so the city manages all the repairs).

Edit: I should clarify that the asbestos they used in our bathroom was to "kill" mold and prevent it from coming back... but guess what it did in under 6 months? It returned! You know why? Because our roof has water damage from the army of squirrels living up there. They constantly dig and remove the installation. So, we also have water damage in our bedroom ceilings. The city loves to patch and patch but they never get to the root of the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.