The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a ton of stores, just none on the beach. Grocery stores, Target, Big Lots, CVS, etc. Just not on the beach or in walking distance from here.
Lots of hair salons, car mechanics, nail salons, churches, convenience stores, gas stations, pizza places, restaurants, schools, doctors, dentists, etc

My city is urbanized. Traffic congestion can be a nightmare. You have to know when to travel and the side roads.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
His appetite is better today, fed him canned food and he ate half of what I put down as he used to scarf that up any chance he got but he did come back after a while and ate some more and little while after that even got into Chamouti's kibble so he has eaten plenty for this morning, no upchucking either. He really is like his former self, at least for today. Snoozing in his new favorite place on a chair with two pillows on it (the inserts for some shams which are in the laundry) which faces the small backyard, don't know what he was looking at for at least an hour before he went to sleep.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty excited about my Costco haul today. Bought skinless and boneless chicken thighs @ $2.79/ pound! They don't always have this. This means I can just use alnutrin with eggshell for my next raw chicken batch! Ah, so much easier than my bone recipe.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They don't? They always have them at the Costco I go to. They're great. I get them for myself and the cats :D. Thighs have more flavor than breasts.
No the stores in my immediate area are a bit lacking sometimes. I'm definitely going to keep a lookout for these and buy them when I can! I did a recalculation and it would only cost $11 more per month to feed all 3 of our cats the boneless version in addition to the usual turkey and rabbit.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
His appetite is better today, fed him canned food and he ate half of what I put down as he used to scarf that up any chance he got but he did come back after a while and ate some more and little while after that even got into Chamouti's kibble so he has eaten plenty for this morning, no upchucking either. He really is like his former self, at least for today. Snoozing in his new favorite place on a chair with two pillows on it (the inserts for some shams which are in the laundry) which faces the small backyard, don't know what he was looking at for at least an hour before he went to sleep.
Sounds like he had a good day, sweet boy. Cats are fighters, I think he'll be around longer than you think.💝

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my first lab really helping as a Teaching Assistant. Was a little intimidated because I meant to review the information earlier than the day of, so I could really sound like I knew my stuff, haha. It was learning bones of mammals, including the skull bones. I did well, and used my cheat sheet from when I took the class. Excited to plan 2 review sessions if people would like to participate! I really enjoy teaching and helping people.

I also will be organizing test study dates. Thinking about organizing it into a game, like jeopardy. Anybody have any other fun review games they'd recommend?

Also, finally completed the 2 cover letters for grad school I've been working on. Yea!! Then it is time to start full time and seasonal jobs, and continue looking for grad school opportunities. I'm started to get a bit excited about this. Not that I wasn't before, but it was more feeling overwhelmed and unsure, which prevented me from moving forward. So yea, finally over the hump! Just need to keep it moving.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my first lab really helping as a Teaching Assistant. Was a little intimidated because I meant to review the information earlier than the day of, so I could really sound like I knew my stuff, haha. It was learning bones of mammals, including the skull bones. I did well, and used my cheat sheet from when I took the class. Excited to plan 2 review sessions if people would like to participate! I really enjoy teaching and helping people.

I also will be organizing test study dates. Thinking about organizing it into a game, like jeopardy. Anybody have any other fun review games they'd recommend?

Also, finally completed the 2 cover letters for grad school I've been working on. Yea!! Then it is time to start full time and seasonal jobs, and continue looking for grad school opportunities. I'm started to get a bit excited about this. Not that I wasn't before, but it was more feeling overwhelmed and unsure, which prevented me from moving forward. So yea, finally over the hump! Just need to keep it moving.
Sounds like you're making moves! Proud of you my dear!! :clap:

. . . . . . . .

What's on my mind is that I'm seriously considering getting a tattoo of Felix and Fayola. I found a tattoo artist with a beautiful whimsical and upbeat art style that I think Felix and Fayola would look amazing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.