The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My commute is 25-30 minutes usually, though it can be longer if I get rerouted or the weather is bad. Having done the hour plus commute, it was draining and I felt like I wasted so much of my time driving. If I was on public transportation and able to read or something, I might've felt differently.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
There is more bad news coming from me here in Reno besides that it is just too damn cold most of the time.
I heard someone retching in the middle of the night, then a certain black cat crawled out from under the cover and vomited onto the floor. Thank goodness no carpet and there was just a slight wet stain the next morning (no wonder with the low humidity here, everything dries in no time). Then I heard slurping and wondered what that was all about. That happened several times that week so I turned on the light the next time and I saw Panthera throwing up liquid with just the tiniest bit of solids and then he ate it, yuck! Next morning I made an appt with the vet as this was not normal. A few days later the vet found a "mass" in his belly that should not be there so he ordered xrays to make sure it was not just gas or a clump of food. Nope, definitely something not gas or food. Next step ultrasound, yikes, a bill of almost $900.00! Bad news although apart from upchucking liquidity stuff no change in behavior, eating, sleeping, pooping, playing as usual: he has several cysts on his liver, kidneys and pancreas most of which are benign but growing and would have to come out eventually. However one of them is cancerous and inoperable so he does not have much time left and there is no point on putting him through all kinds of procedures which just would make him miserable and really solve nothing. So as long as he is comfortable and not in pain which he would show by hiding and probably not eating and otherwise not acting his usual self nothing will be done although he does have meds so he won't throw up, no big deal, half a small pill in some canned food and he just slurps it up!. Once it gets to that point, which could be as soon as a month or even sooner, nothing will be done. Once there I will let him go and have the vet send him to the rainbow bridge where all the other kitties are waiting who have preceded him. He has had a good life while with me these last 10 or 12 years and he has been a good cat bringing me lots of joy, at age 15 is not a young cat and has had a good run catching birds and lizards (and eating them!) in the last place where we lived in SoCal and had an enclosed patio. He also caught flies in mid-air! Ate them too!
So I will miss him who slept under the covers with me like a child cuddled up to me with just his head sticking out (especially in these cold Reno nights when I turned off the heat) and purring me to sleep.
I am so, so very sorry about your boy. Maybe he'll love longer, you never know. Darling 💝💝

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I live 30 minutes from town and it's just too far to drive, especially in winter, and gas is so expensive now. I can't wait to move.
For me, I think a Thirty minute drive is not really too far to drive. I live just outside of Boston, so I am accustomed to driving. Thirty minutes is pretty much a standard drive for me.

Guess I am just indoctrinated into driving.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For me, I think a Thirty minute drive is not really too far to drive. I live just outside of Boston, so I am accustomed to driving. Thirty minutes is pretty much a standard drive for me.

Guess I am just indoctrinated into driving.
Same. My drive to work is 20 minutes and I consider that short.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
He is already just picking at his food, he dives in and then he eats half of what he used to, then retires to my unmade bed that he had just left. Once I make up the bed he'll go to the living room and settle down in the oversized not-beanbag chair and watch the world go by, watch me go about my business and doze on and off as is his habit. For a cat he is amazingly often awake during the day but sleeps soundly every night unlike Chamouti who plays with his toys after I go to bed for at least 2 hours and after breakfast you don't see him all day. I will entice Panthera with canned food which he does not usually get and also take him off the "fat cat" food as he does not need to lose any more weight. He had a good night as did I, both of us slept pretty much in the same position all night, whenever I woke for a moment and reached over to him he immediately started to purr and everything was good in the world and we'd go back to sleep.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An insanely minor thing on my mind-just finished an online game of Clue where I wound up correctly suggesting the suspect and the room, but not the weapon. Very next person (the suspect, by the way) made the same guess with the right weapon.

I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have stores and restaurants? Here it's just wilderness with a few gas stations.
It is an urban beach. Too many apartments/condos.
Yes we do have a couple nice restaurants and a few “beachey” type ones.

I am right next to a local semi-famous roast beef/fried clams take out. A good soft serve ice cream place is 3 doors down.

No stores. I do wish they had at least a local convenience store, just to pick up essentials. But, not in The plans.

The city wants to make it like Miami Beach. Lots of controversy about all the construction.

The rent are astronomical. Really ridiculous. I am talking about 3,000+ for a 2 bedroom. Ridiculous.

I am so thankful that I am living in senior housing, on the beach.

It is so nice to sit, watching the waves crashing, watching the kite surfers and just cars and people.
The smell of low tide— yes, I grew up in this city.
I was always coming down to the beach, especially when I was upset about things. It calms me.

Not all idyllic. When there is good weather, it is incredibly noisy from the cars cruising the beach. Too many punks with the blaring music from cars.

Sunday’s, during the summer, I usually have to keep the windows closed, from the noise.

I am also right next door to a middle eastern place— the aromas are soo I can do without.

And, believe it or not; I get so much sand in here!! I always have my windows open a crack— the sand just comes in!! Coastal Living.

It is really beautiful.

I have been living here just about a year.
0BDBCF15-57C2-4300-9B0C-BD109493F869.jpeg
9B2891D1-B700-4E7F-B3CE-277C71892A59.jpeg
BCA37A11-2A59-45E4-9EDF-3163298B1B3D.jpeg

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
3 weeks later and these strips are still going strong. I had to write a good review on the Sally Beauty's website to let other people know how great they are.

My friend and I even made a bet on when the first one will come off completely. I said 6 weeks and she said 4 weeks. We'll see...
15799607994676437025542638968930.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.