The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Poor Aedan! I hope he's feeling better now.

Freedom isn't free. The only thing I would change about TCS would be some sort of a "paid membership" feature for those of us who don't use ads, but after twenty years, I'm sure admin has already tried that and seen it go south. This isn't Utopia. I used the contact form to see if I could just set up a small recurring donation myself, but knowing PayPal, it would wind up being a $5 charge on my credit card every month to send $0.35 to TCS.

Sometimes I wish I could just turn off my brain. Or at least pretend to long enough to fit in.

ETA: Graceful-Lily those are some intense nails! That is seriously art. I could grow them when I was younger, but I sure couldn't make them look like that. tfs.

Last edited:

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I'm too cheap to pay for something like that. For example, I don't see the point of text messaging when email and Facebook are free.
The point is that the server costs money. What we have now is sites like these being supported by advertisements that damage Windows computers, collect personal data, and then use it to exploit our weaknesses and make us feel as if we are bad, inadequate, unloveable people if we don't buy products.

It doesn't have to be this way.

Anywho......

I've been abusing the social forums here and I apologize. My kitten is fine and most of my posts outside the social forums have just been placeholders, bumps, and chit-chat to calm down nervous new pet parents. Maybe I've been having a blast, but I've also been being a jerk.

You're right. Most people these days carry smartphones and are too busy with their facebook alerts and their advertisements to care about anything much other than not getting evicted, not getting fired, and not losing their kids.

This is a cat site, not a blogging site run by a magical perpetual motion machine.

Anyway, take the excessive verbiage as a compliment. I don't generally like people this much. <3

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been abusing the social forums here and I apologize. My kitten is fine and most of my posts outside the social forums have just been placeholders, bumps, and chit-chat to calm down nervous new pet parents. Maybe I've been having a blast, but I've also been being a jerk.
I don't think you're a jerk and I like chit-chat. :)

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever tried origami? I have to do it for an assignment (we have to design and build a light entirely using origami fold patterns).

It's been so great for my stress. I wish I had tried it sooner. And I'm actually pretty good at it.
I don't have the dexterity for it, but I do think it's pretty interesting.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever tried origami? I have to do it for an assignment (we have to design and build a light entirely using origami fold patterns).

It's been so great for my stress. I wish I had tried it sooner. And I'm actually pretty good at it.
Not for a while, like junior high or something. You'll have to post a pic when you finished the light! I'd love to see it! Glad you found something that helps as a stress reliever. <3

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my first on-the-floor training day at my new job. Quite excited! I'll be getting some good exercise by moving my arms washing the glass on windows and doors and walking a large sweeper down each aisle.

Someone even left me a present already during one of my bathroom checks! :thumbsup::crazy::cool2:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've been known to wad up paper and throw it...
Not the same thing?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't generally like people this much
:heartshape:

What's on my mind is the deepest gratitude to the people who are still able to invest the time, money, love, energy, effort, love, money, and love...and some more money, to keep these gentle giants (Percherons, Belgians, Shires and Clydesdales) alive, healthy, trained, harnessed and working. They are all, every single one of them, incredible.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My brother made 1000 cranes for my cousin's wedding. It was really cool. I can do basic origami, even cranes ;), but the really complicated stuff is a little beyond me.
When I was a senior in high school one of the classes that was in the same room as my consumer ed class was folding cranes to send to Japan. And since consumer ed was really easy and boring I took the paper and helped fill that box with cranes. I made so many, I can easily remember how to make them, but I'm not sure I remember how to make anything else! When I was even younger I had little books I think I got as a present and did it for fun once in a while.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not being a jerk at all!! :hugs:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Aedan had a bit of diarrhea this morning, but he seems to be over the bug now. Unfortunately, John and I have both caught it. Vomiting and diarrhea. We're dying. And we only have 1 bathroom. It's not going well for us. Haha
Yikes!!! Could someone watch Aedan for the day while you and John get better?:hugs::sickcat:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The point is that the server costs money. What we have now is sites like these being supported by advertisements that damage Windows computers, collect personal data, and then use it to exploit our weaknesses and make us feel as if we are bad, inadequate, unloveable people if we don't buy products.

It doesn't have to be this way.

Anywho......

You're right. Most people these days carry smartphones and are too busy with their facebook alerts and their advertisements to care about anything much other than not getting evicted, not getting fired, and not losing their kids.

This is a cat site, not a blogging site run by a magical perpetual motion machine.

Anyway, take the excessive verbiage as a compliment. I don't generally like people this much. <3

Well, it is called the "What's on your mind?" thread. :)

The only origami I can successfully do multiple times is the bunny. Crochet is also pretty good for stress, once you learn how.

Had my first on-the-floor training day at my new job. Quite excited! I'll be getting some good exercise by moving my arms washing the glass on windows and doors and walking a large sweeper down each aisle.

Someone even left me a present already during one of my bathroom checks! :thumbsup::crazy::cool2:
Assuming that's a good thing (from your emojis) congratulations! :celebrate: And here's hoping that your new job is everything you hope it will be! :clover:

Aedan had a bit of diarrhea this morning, but he seems to be over the bug now. Unfortunately, John and I have both caught it. Vomiting and diarrhea. We're dying. And we only have 1 bathroom. It's not going well for us. Haha
:alright: I hope all of you feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.