The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah! The ignore-and-they'll-go-away-nonsense. So easy to do since the advent of cell phones and so hurtful. Can't muster enough courage to say, " Sorry, I don't think this will work as a romantic thing. I like you and hope we can remain friends"? but maybe being
"ghosted, love that word, ha!, is more kind?:dunno:
For me personally, I'll have much more respect for someone who tells me that it's not going to work out rather than ignore me.

It hurts but at least I'll know what went wrong and I won't be left wondering if I did something wrong. And if it was me, I can take note and work on improving myself.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think dating yourself is basically self care! Like you're worth it so be good to yourself. I love self care so I'm all over that. But I admit it would be a little weird to go to "romantic" places by myself. Would be fine to go with friends, but don't have much of that here. I have my bf. Been together for almost 4 years. But long term future is uncertain because he can't make up his mind about kids. I decided long ago that I'm not having them and still feel the same way.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was surprised when I googled this for the first time and the amount of results that came up. You can just google "how to date yourself" and you'll find a lot of different articles. But here is one out of the lot. https://www.bolde.com/dont-need-boyfriend-heres-date/

It's not a great article but just an example. Reminds me of the time I was supposed to go to the movies with a friend but she forgot we had plans so I went on my own. I had so much fun. Felt like a date but ya know... with only me.
Thanks for the link! Looks like I've been dating myself since high school, haha. I love going to the movies, shopping, and dining by myself. My favorite is when the movie theater has no other people. <3

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I think when people call it "dating myself" it adds a sense of empowerment in a way. It sounds very confident to me, like, "Ouh, yes! I am dating myself!"

I don't know, that's just me. Instead of saying 'self care'. The idea of that never encouraged me to do it because it felt like a chore until I started loving myself.
- - - - -
Early-ish gel strips update:
20200118_102952.jpg

Some chipping has started on my thumbs but that was my fault because I'm rough with my hands and I was mercilessly picking at something.

They are still on pretty good. There is some slight lifting in some areas. The adhesive is also "melting" and coming down the sides of the strips. But other than that, so far so good. Even after 2 whole weeks.

*Photots on the top were taken after application. Photos on the bottom are from this morning.

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The nails are pretty. I think it's amazing you were able to keep them for so long! (My work has a sanitizing solution that eats through nail polish. Totally safe for skin though. :rolleyes:)
Eats through nail polish?! That can't be safe... 😦

What kind of work do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.