The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 - Thank you! That means a lot. Also, I was referring to comedian guy from the other day.

Ghosting is when you deliberately ignore someone's text and calls in the hopes that they'll stop contacting you. It's like saying "I'm not interested" without saying anything at all. Extremely annoying but a lot of people do it nowadays.

Apparently dating yourself is a thing? I had no idea. But I heard someone mention it and I thought "that's strange". Googled it and yes, some people date themselves. Who knew?

I'm pretty sure I invented that :lol: :rolleyes2:

If he's not contacting you, he's not worth your time. You will find someone who appreciates you. :hugs:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 - Thank you! That means a lot. Also, I was referring to comedian guy from the other day.

Ghosting is when you deliberately ignore someone's text and calls in the hopes that they'll stop contacting you. It's like saying "I'm not interested" without saying anything at all. Extremely annoying but a lot of people do it nowadays.

Apparently dating yourself is a thing? I had no idea. But I heard someone mention it and I thought "that's strange". Googled it and yes, some people date themselves. Who knew?
My brother tends to get ghosted - I think unfortunately a lot of guys react badly when told it's not going to work out so it's almost safer for women to ghost. He understands, but it frustrates him, too.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're having a winter storm of some sort tomorrow. Not a lot of snow, but what we do get will be blowing around a bunch. I just looked up the county weather warnings. I live on the county line. In the county I'm officially in, the warning starts at 8 am. In the county across the street, it starts at 3 am. I wonder when it's actually going to start. . .?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We're having a winter storm of some sort tomorrow. Not a lot of snow, but what we do get will be blowing around a bunch. I just looked up the county weather warnings. I live on the county line. In the county I'm officially in, the warning starts at 8 am. In the county across the street, it starts at 3 am. I wonder when it's actually going to start. . .?
Say safe and warm.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Ah, ghosting. That happened to me last year. It's a really crappy way to treat people.

Currently on my mind is whether insurance company will approve my claim for treatment.

And my to do list for tomorrow. Ugh.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Only to find out that copy & paste is so simple it's ridiculous.
Well, it is when someone actually sits down and SHOWS you! When you're trying to do it long distance, and even the terms are confusing, it can seem like some sort of weird foreign language, and you desperately need to ask, "Where's the restroom?"!

It's also incredibly passive-aggressive behavior, and a sure sign that you're far, far better off not wasting your time with that person!

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just received a notice about the annual inspection. I have a week to get ready for it.

I have not cleaned in months. I haven't even bothered to pick up after myself. I know it's because of my depression, but that doesn't stop me from feeling like a lazy idiot.

I have to do months of work in a week. It's a colossal task, and I brought it on myself :frown:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My friend got me into Snapchat. It can be fun sometimes but at the end of the day all you're doing is sending pics/vidoes of yourself to people with a caption and filters. Some of the filters can be funny, though. I tried getting my boys into frame but they wouldn't stop moving lol

Not sure why the boys love Oma's pride freeze dried beef tripe but stuck their noses up at Feline Natural's canned. Not sure if they'd like Oma's raw version. I just wish they liked more things with moisture. Tripe is so gross, though. Smells like sewage lol apparently good for them.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so interested in this.... how does this work??

DFS is after the neighbors with the awful kids. Three days in a row, they've been out there pounding on the door. No one seems to be home. I think they're avoiding them. And it woke Aedan up early this morning.
Sending positive thoughts to the kids.

Oh, I watched this video a few days ago from a youtube therapist that posts videos. Made me think of you because at one point she talked about stating a boundary for a kid you have (that a grandparent or such can't see them or under certain circumstances) and your family try to make it about something you are doing to them. Reminded me of the situation you dealt with recently. If you are interested, this is the video: . A lot of her videos are great, and she has an awesome personality and can be super funny when she gets passionate.

Stay safe! That is a big difference for two areas so close together. What range of snow are you expecting?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just received a notice about the annual inspection. I have a week to get ready for it.

I have not cleaned in months. I haven't even bothered to pick up after myself. I know it's because of my depression, but that doesn't stop me from feeling like a lazy idiot.

I have to do months of work in a week. It's a colossal task, and I brought it on myself :frown:
You're not a lazy idiot.

I've had times where cleaning gets pushed aside, too. I like to think of it as self-care because in those times where my depression/anxiety/stress are high, self-care is extremely important and sometimes that means taking a nap, relaxing without technology, or watching a show.

At the end of last school year, my best friend crush told me he was able to visit last minute and I was so embarrassed that I hadn't cleaned the house in over a month. Normally, I vacuum once a week and dust and mop floor every 2-4, depending on when it needs it. So I stressfully picked up trash, tidied up, and vacuumed in a frenzy to get as much done before he arrived. I was still vacuuming when he knocked on the door, haha.

It happens to the best of us. Just take it one step at a time. You can do this! This one month period does not define you. You are so much more than that. :hugs:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to gripe about not knowing beforehand that GRE scores could be sent for free to up to 4 schools on the day you take the test. If I was prepared, I could have strategically known what schools to send them to. So now I have 2 schools I plan to apply to and will have to spend $27/school that needs it. Going to ask my teacher tomorrow if it would be okay to tell them what I received for scores, but say official available upon request. I hate to waste money, especially when applying to multiple schools adds up. Especially because I'd need to apply to the school as well, which often has it's own fee.

My plan for the next few days: complete 2 cover letters for grad school, rework my CV to be up to date, send info for seasonal job that is conducting interviews in the next month, and e-mail for additional information about about another seasonal job.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Depression is a rotten crummy feeling, but please remember everything is transitory and the skies will be rosy again! Hang in there, we care!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Depression isn’t laziness. It’s a chemical imbalance in the brain. It’s hangs over you like a soaking wet quilt. Putting one foot in front of another seems monumental. Taking a shower might as well be swimming the English Channel. Everything is draped in grey and covers your thinking abilities...you’re not lazy, you’re trying to stay afloat ❤

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so interested in this.... how does this work??
I was surprised when I googled this for the first time and the amount of results that came up. You can just google "how to date yourself" and you'll find a lot of different articles. But here is one out of the lot. https://www.bolde.com/dont-need-boyfriend-heres-date/

It's not a great article but just an example. Reminds me of the time I was supposed to go to the movies with a friend but she forgot we had plans so I went on my own. I had so much fun. Felt like a date but ya know... with only me.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Ah! The ignore-and-they'll-go-away-nonsense. So easy to do since the advent of cell phones and so hurtful. Can't muster enough courage to say, " Sorry, I don't think this will work as a romantic thing. I like you and hope we can remain friends"? but maybe being
"ghosted, love that word, ha!, is more kind?:dunno:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Katie M Katie M Ah,,,,,so sorry. Just focus on one room at a time. Don't let yourself see everything that needs to be done and you can do it.
You'll do fine. If it's too much maybe hire someone to help you? :hugs: 💝

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie M Katie M Ah,,,,,so sorry. Just focus on one room at a time. Don't let yourself see everything that needs to be done and you can do it.
You'll do fine. If it's too much maybe hire someone to help you? :hugs: 💝
I'm going to do what I can. If push comes to shove, I'll just have to tell them the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.