Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everybody can agree that seagulls are the worst~
I hate seagulls.
One year I was at Sea World and got a Churro. This (insert favorite colorful metaphor here) seagull swooped down and grabbed it. However, on his way down, he caught my head and left a nasty scratch on my forehead. Fortunately, it wasn't deep and no bacteria infected the wound...and since the churro place saw it, I got another churro. Which is most important because churro's are awesome.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, Aedan headbutted me and broke the arm off my glasses. John superglued them and it's holding - for now. I've got an appointment tomorrow morning for an eye exam, but I'm having trouble finding a ride. If nothing else, I guess I can grab the kids' carseats and take a taxi to drop them at my grandma's and then to the eye doctor, but we're short on money and I'd rather not do that. Eek.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The seagulls at Sea World are sassy little monsters. They harass you while you eat and don't take no for an answer. One stole a mayonnaise packet and swallowed it whole. I can't imagine that's exactly good for a seagull, but he didn't look like a baby so presumably he had survived eating mayonnaise packets in the past. I wonder if they have stomach acid strong enough to dissolve the foil on the packet, if they pass it through whole (ouch), or if it sits in their stomach forever.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie My supervisor was the one being very unpleasant to work with during December (my boss was actually the nice one). She seems to be in a better mood so it could have been just the holiday stress (not excusing her behavior, though). But our relationship isn't the same, anymore.

I'm considering just seeing if the church across the street needs another cleaning crew member just to get away and figure out where to go next from there. I don't have a plan B yet. I was thinking about being a registration clerk at the hospital because they make a lot of money and I'd be working with a good friend, but the job's schedule doesn't work with my life at the moment. I'd also have to go through eight, seven-hour classes to learn the new system if I join now as opposed to later when the system is up and running. No thanks lol

My boss is definitely one of those "charming" people who can trick you into forgetting how toxic they really are :rolleyes:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My phone just died or maybe not. I had it here on my desk after talking to my son. I then picked it up to turn it on and the screen stayed black, just nothing. I thought maybe it was out of juice so plugged it in but nothing happened. Checked to make sure I did not accidentally turned it off but still nothing. Now what? Anyone? This is an old I-phone 4 but it had just been working and I am really lost without one as I do not have a landline.
First my car breaks down beyond repair, now this, for the last 2 hours I did not have internet I don't know why, then it just came on again, my grandson hooked up a ROKU stick but it turns out I don't like it, my old cat Capucchino has decided to pee on the floor but use the LitterRobot for her poops, I am freezing here in Reno, NV, I don't like it at all with drivers being rude, people unfriendly, my DIL being in worse physical shape than I had been led to believe (she will need MY help instead of it being the other way around down the line) and wish I had never left SoCal, so I am depressed all the way around. Can't move again as I don't have the funds and I am locked into a 1 year lease. WHINE!:mad::cloudy::cold::cold::cold:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be a battery issue. I've had that happen to me before and also previous devices. In my experience, it is usually the first sign of a battery issue. After which I just end up replacing the entire device because the newer models are not made with a removable backing anymore so in order to change the battery, I'd have to pay someone to do it and it's pretty invasive. By the end of all that, the cost of fixing it is ridiculous which is why I just end up buying a new phone.

Not saying that is the case with your device but... yeah. Some apple stores will run a free battery diagnostics test for you if you bring it in with the charger. The hook it up to a machine or something.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course the problem is that without a phone I cannot even call my DIL to give me a lift to the apple store and her email address is in the phone, not on the comp, thank goodness I have a desktop. I don't think there is anything wrong with the charger as it charged the phone overnight just fine. I did find my son's email on the comp and sent him a message and also one to my daughter but they are both far away (son drives a big rig so he is out on the road on the way to SoCal, daughter is in Montana) and I am getting more depressed as time goes by. I can't even go ask one of the neighbors to let me use their phone as I have no phone numbers in my head, they are all IN the phone. I don't even know how much a new phone would cost as this one was given to me.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course the problem is that without a phone I cannot even call my DIL to give me a lift to the apple store and her email address is in the phone, not on the comp, thank goodness I have a desktop. I don't think there is anything wrong with the charger as it charged the phone overnight just fine. I did find my son's email on the comp and sent him a message and also one to my daughter but they are both far away (son drives a big rig so he is out on the road on the way to SoCal, daughter is in Montana) and I am getting more depressed as time goes by. I can't even go ask one of the neighbors to let me use their phone as I have no phone numbers in my head, they are all IN the phone. I don't even know how much a new phone would cost as this one was given to me.
Oh, segelkatt segelkatt .

I wish I could be of more help.

Maybe try contacting an apple representative online for support? I don't know how helpful they will be but they might be able to give you more information or redirect you to a repair shop registered with them.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found the chat but it is no help because it requires codes, numbers that I don't have. It's talking about a SIM tray but I don't know what that is, my old flip phone I could open and there was a SIM card, this phone I cannot open or don't know how. There is also something called serial number or IMEI but I don't see anything like that on the back of the phone, just a model #, EMC, FCC ID and IC, whatever all those are.

Status
Not open for further replies.