The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's regular ground coffee-just smaller sized for one cup
Do you have one? I wonder if one of my cousins has one that I could try. I would buy the cappuccino pods, then go over and try it. I want to see if I like it first, before buying a Keurig. My bank has one and I thought about sneaking a cappuccino pod in with me, but I don't know if I would get in trouble.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see why they'd object to you bringing your own pod. The water doesn't cost much; it's the pods that are expensive. But they may have packed the Keurig away for now :/.

Usually the cappuchino (and other fancy drink) pods are just instant cappuccino mix, not real coffee like the regular pods. So it's probably cheaper just to buy instant and mix it yourself.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have one? I wonder if one of my cousins has one that I could try. I would buy the cappuccino pods, then go over and try it. I want to see if I like it first, before buying a Keurig. My bank has one and I thought about sneaking a cappuccino pod in with me, but I don't know if I would get in trouble.
I had gotten my assistant a combined coffemaker/keurig for Christmas a couple years back (she's worth her weight in gold), at Bed Bath and Beyond. I think there was a part you put in so you could brew pods, but you could also just do regular coffee. Something like that might be worth looking into!

We have a keurig at school. I've used it when the regular pots of coffee are empty. Once you know what size to press for your cup, it's pretty easy.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I dont but my coworker uses one at work...and doubt anyone would notice if ya wanted to use the machine but like Willowy said, probably won't be allowing drinks etc until this storm blows through...

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a Keurig that we've used pretty regularly for the last few years. It's used more than the regular drip coffee maker sitting right next to it, lol.
We got the reuseable pods for it, so we can use our own grounds... which we have a grinder for. The grinder can set the coarseness. We set it to between medium and fine for the pods, and about medium for the drip.
We also have 2 milliner presses, large and small.

We might be a little coffee obsessed.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Izellah did not have a good time at the vet. We explained the symptoms and the vet was concerned about the discharge so they attempted to do an x-ray. I kept having to go to the back to help calm her down. She bit a few of the staff and broke a cone (and took off the other) before they could do the test. X-ray didn't show anything so they did bloodwork. Currently waiting on the results. Got sent home with antibiotics.

Update: Bloodwork is normal so it's less likely to be pyometra. They couldn't find anything wrong so I don't know what else is causing her symptoms at this point. They told me to keep an eye on the discharge.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you waiting for a certain age to spay? I don't think an abnormal discharge is exactly a sign of a healthy uterus even if it's not a full-blown pyo, so I'd be inclined to spay at this point (after the vet said it was ok of course), especially since she's already had her first heat.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you waiting for a certain age to spay? I don't think an abnormal discharge is exactly a sign of a healthy uterus even if it's not a full-blown pyo, so I'd be inclined to spay at this point (after the vet said it was ok of course), especially since she's already had her first heat.
Breeder contract said I cannot spay her until she is past 1 year of age. ☹

The breeder isn't big on spaying and neutering and prefers her dogs be intact but you are right, I don't think her uterus is healthy.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
We have enough food because of my mom's hoarding. But unfortunately she didn't hoard toilet paper or paper towels, so we will run out of those soon. We will also run out of lettuce, tomato for sandwiches and salads, and maybe cheese.
I am not a hoarder, I just hate shopping, for anything, including food or clothes. So I have this big freezer full of food, I also canned a lot of things last summer, lots of tomato-y stuff, green beans, beets, etc, so there is that. I buy huge packages and if they are on sale I buy two. My cabinets and garage are full. I will be fine.
TP? Why don't people in the Western world use water like they do in Asia? A "Washlet" is over $200 but there are cheaper things, it does not have to be a bidet like the rest of the civilized world uses. Some of those places just have a hose with a sprayer to use. Heck, you could just use plastic bottles and squirt yourself clean, only a little paper needed to dry yourself or you could hang up a dry washcloth for just that purpose. Saves a lot of paper/trees, is cleaner and so convenient. Asians and Middle Easterners think we are dirty and stink because we don't wash the nether regions after we use the toilet.
I was at the store yesterday just to pick up fresh veggies, plenty of that there. Vegetarians can have a field day. I strolled through the aisles and saw signs saying "only 2 per customer", there were no eggs, no TP, not much dog food but plenty of cat food, milk was still there but not much, although plenty of the no-lactose kind which I use so I picked up 4 half-gallon cartons, plenty of that mushy factory bread which I would not touch with a 10 ft pole but none of the sturdier bread. Canned food was still available but with folks buying 20 cans of chili or soup etc that won't last long. People had 2 grocery carts full of stuff, you'd think there was an invading foreign army at our borders. Hysteria, misinformation, rumors are reigning supreme. I wonder if people in other countries are reacting this way. There is plenty of food available it just takes a while for it to get to the stores, so slow down, people, and relax.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
That kinda sounds like a soggy, germy mess. I'd rather use toilet paper. :lol:
That is because that is all you know, it is much cleaner to use water than paper which never gets you clean even if you use wet wipes afterwards. In places where water is used to clean up children are taught at a young age and learn very early not to make a mess.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. My ex-husband's brother is a child molester. Convicted and admitted. His 9 year old niece. He's married (I think she's a nut) and has 2 daughters. Hopefully his wife never leaves him alone with them. Well, random coincidence - his wife now knows where I live.
I guess she's looking for someone who lives around here and didn't know the exact apartment number. My living room lights were on so she knocked on my door to ask me if I knew this person. I don't. But she recognized me. I don't want my ex BIL knowing where I live!!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have to admit, I'm one of those people who has 6 months' worth of TP on hand, but it has nothing to do with a virus, and EVERYTHING to do with cost-effectiveness. I bulk buy things like that. Yes, I stocked up again on the 3rd of this month, but that was 2 days before all the news came out and people went nuts. It was just time, and had been on the list since the middle of February. I did stock up on litter and cat food, just in case. I THINK everything will be fine, so far as shopping goes after the initial panic buying subsides, but I WILL NOT take chances with Hekitty. For any reason.

LOL, I also have about a month's worth of bottled water, but that's left over from last hurricane season. THAT, I supply for!

Status
Not open for further replies.