The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you maybe do a bit more until the other two siblings move out, something like that?

On my mind is an amazing cat tonight. He got his supper with the milk thistle and usually he heads into the living room. However tonight he gave himself a bath and now is curled up snoozing a few feet away :)
Yes. Maybe 4 times a year or so. Helping her once a quarter wouldn't be too bad. I always tell her tips on where to get cheaper cat supplies and such too. Like the australian website for Revolution.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure the rice snack bars I eat every day are being discontinued. :censored: I have IBS, so a lot of random ingredients upset my stomach. I can't have most granola bars, because all of them seem to have things like inulin and fructose, which make me sick. The rice bars were one of the few proven snacks I could eat and reliably find, and that's most likely now over. Ugh.
I know how you feel. I am a vegetarian and I have IBS-D. There are a lot of vegetables that I cannot eat because of it.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes. Maybe 4 times a year or so. Helping her once a quarter wouldn't be too bad. I always tell her tips on where to get cheaper cat supplies and such too. Like the australian website for Revolution.
I think you're fantastic!

On my mind is TCS threads where the OP is asking for help, and nobody reads anyone elses previous posts. Fortunately for consistencies sake (at least we're all usually saying the same or similar things), but then posters/members end up repeating the same info that's already been posted, or miss pertinent info from the OP and ask questions that don't apply to the specific scenario in that particular thread.

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind is my dog...
She might have vaginitis or Pyometra and all vet clinics in my surround area are closed. I called a few different emergency clinics and they are either closed or short staffed so they can't be of assistance. One of them, their intensive care is closed so they won't be able to treat her there either.

They keep sending me elsewhere but each clinic has their own problems so I'm going to have to wait until early in the morning and hope someone will take me then.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Panthera is still doing well, no sign of sickness. He has not vomited up anything but water and that usually during the night. I had been kicking him out of bed when I heard him retching as I prefer cleaning the hard floor over having to wash my down comforter, so now he jumps off the bed beforehand. Then he proceeds to lap it up again, ugh gross! there is not much for me to clean up and we both go back to bed and then there is no more problem for the rest of the night. Thank goodness he does that only once a week and maybe not that often. He still eats well and otherwise behaves as usual.
There had been several trees in the neighborhood and elsewhere full of flower and now it snowed again, was still snowing this morning, roofs full of it, a little on the patio and in the yard, then it turned into rain and it all melted. Now there is rain mixed with snow but very thin. More snow in the forecast for the next 3 days.
Went outside yesterday to take out the trash and there were 2 cars parked in my driveway and I could hear next door there was a party going on. A woman was taking stuff out of her big van so I asked her in a friendly voice but facetiously if she was bringing these things to. She laughed and explained since she was bringing things to the party and all the parking was taken up all up and down the street that her son said to just park in my driveway as there was room for 2 cars besides mine and that I would not get mad, that I was "nice".This was a young man (25) whom I had met just twice , hello goodbye sort of, and he was celebrating his engagement. She said I should come and join the part, there was more food than anyone could eat and not to bring any wine/beer as there was too much of that already. She was quite insistent that I should come. We chatted a little longer and it turns out that she used to live in San Diego, it's a small world. So I finished what I was doing and then went next door. There were about 20 people there including preteens, mostly in their 20s but also parents and grandparents and a few of the neighbors from down the street. The woman, Donna, had brought fresh veggies for the burgers so I helped her cut up the tomatoes, onions and avocados; pasta salad, chili and potato salad was already done and everybody had a great time, just about everybody kept coming around wanting to fill up my glass of wine, I had 3 during the time I was there and went home with a slight buzz, of course I only had to go next door. Around 8 pm just about everybody had gone home and I offered to help clean up, they said no but urged me to take home some of the potato salad as there was still too much left over. I will have some of that for tonight and the rest tomorrow at lunch. So I got to know some of my neighbors, I have been awfully lonely living here by myself since October, hopefully this will get better. One of the neighbors mentioned that he liked Chinese food, I told him I loved to cook and had been cooking genuine Chinese food lately and I invited him and the engaged couple (he is brother to the prospective groom and they all live together next door) to come over next time I cook Chinese which is probably tomorrow and they enthusiastically accepted. A start for getting to know people on this street and, no, nobody is one of those virus-crazies, the prospective bride is an RN and people they associate with don't go nuts over hype but listen to the scientists. A good beginning.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She might have vaginitis or Pyometra
What symptoms does she have? So sorry to hear that!

So I got to know some of my neighbors, I have been awfully lonely living here by myself since October, hopefully this will get better.
That's wonderful! It sounds like you had a great time and great food.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 Mia6
we are happy to hear the good news about your new helper :) she made friends with Cal? :)
Thank you. No, she hasn't met Cal yet as she was sleeping all morning. Early Friday morning it was very warm and Cal ran around outside. Back and forth, I let her out 4 times!! Then she went to the bed and crashed.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Panthera is still doing well, no sign of sickness. He has not vomited up anything but water and that usually during the night. I had been kicking him out of bed when I heard him retching as I prefer cleaning the hard floor over having to wash my down comforter, so now he jumps off the bed beforehand. Then he proceeds to lap it up again, ugh gross! there is not much for me to clean up and we both go back to bed and then there is no more problem for the rest of the night. Thank goodness he does that only once a week and maybe not that often. He still eats well and otherwise behaves as usual.
There had been several trees in the neighborhood and elsewhere full of flower and now it snowed again, was still snowing this morning, roofs full of it, a little on the patio and in the yard, then it turned into rain and it all melted. Now there is rain mixed with snow but very thin. More snow in the forecast for the next 3 days.
Went outside yesterday to take out the trash and there were 2 cars parked in my driveway and I could hear next door there was a party going on. A woman was taking stuff out of her big van so I asked her in a friendly voice but facetiously if she was bringing these things to. She laughed and explained since she was bringing things to the party and all the parking was taken up all up and down the street that her son said to just park in my driveway as there was room for 2 cars besides mine and that I would not get mad, that I was "nice".This was a young man (25) whom I had met just twice , hello goodbye sort of, and he was celebrating his engagement. She said I should come and join the part, there was more food than anyone could eat and not to bring any wine/beer as there was too much of that already. She was quite insistent that I should come. We chatted a little longer and it turns out that she used to live in San Diego, it's a small world. So I finished what I was doing and then went next door. There were about 20 people there including preteens, mostly in their 20s but also parents and grandparents and a few of the neighbors from down the street. The woman, Donna, had brought fresh veggies for the burgers so I helped her cut up the tomatoes, onions and avocados; pasta salad, chili and potato salad was already done and everybody had a great time, just about everybody kept coming around wanting to fill up my glass of wine, I had 3 during the time I was there and went home with a slight buzz, of course I only had to go next door. Around 8 pm just about everybody had gone home and I offered to help clean up, they said no but urged me to take home some of the potato salad as there was still too much left over. I will have some of that for tonight and the rest tomorrow at lunch. So I got to know some of my neighbors, I have been awfully lonely living here by myself since October, hopefully this will get better. One of the neighbors mentioned that he liked Chinese food, I told him I loved to cook and had been cooking genuine Chinese food lately and I invited him and the engaged couple (he is brother to the prospective groom and they all live together next door) to come over next time I cook Chinese which is probably tomorrow and they enthusiastically accepted. A start for getting to know people on this street and, no, nobody is one of those virus-crazies, the prospective bride is an RN and people they associate with don't go nuts over hype but listen to the scientists. A good beginning.
I am so happy to hear you've made some friends. :hugs:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
What symptoms does she have? So sorry to hear that!
She's been more irritable. She usually gets clingy when she isn't feeling well. There is yellow/brown discharge and her lady bits are swollen. Some parts of it were also clear. She also flinched when I tried to feel her lower abdomen which she has never done before. She also has diarrhea. Excessive licking of her lady bits and she's drinking a lot of water but I'm not sure if this is a symptom because she always drinks a lot of water.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's been more irritable. She usually gets clingy when she isn't feeling well. There is yellow/brown discharge and her lady bits are swollen. Some parts of it were also clear. She also flinched when I tried to feel her lower abdomen which she has never done before. She also has diarrhea. Excessive licking of her lady bits and she's drinking a lot of water but I'm not sure if this is a symptom because she always drinks a lot of water.
Has she been spayed? I might be wrong, but I don't *think* a spayed animal can develop pyometra.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, now I'm getting a bit worried about the Coronavirus. Not because of the illness itself - I think it's being made out to be much worse than it actually is - but because of the reaction to it. Stores are sold of food. We didn't panic buy so we'll run out in less than a week. They're talking about a 2 week shutdown of EVERYTHING. Ok, great. Gonna drop off food boxes to those of us who didn't go crazy and buy 3 months worth of supplies?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gonna drop off food boxes to those of us who didn't go crazy and buy 3 months worth of supplies?
We have enough food because of my mom's hoarding. But unfortunately she didn't hoard toilet paper or paper towels, so we will run out of those soon. We will also run out of lettuce, tomato for sandwiches and salads, and maybe cheese.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby. Please let us know ASAP what doc says. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.