The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it public transportation though? We have nothing here, not even a taxi. So we're crap out of luck if our car quits. Plus these back roads are dangerous in the winter.
Nope, I drive. It's city driving, though, so if I break down there's usually some kind of garage nearby. That's what I've found when I have broken down. And at least in the city the main roads are plowed and salted.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guessing you've had this happen before and had a negative experience?
I've lived out in the boonies, 30 minutes from town most of my life. The whole entire time has been a negative experience, except my feral cats. Can't wait to move to town! :crossfingers:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I put up a squirrel feeder the other day but so far they haven’t found it. I’m trying to make a little visible trail to lead them over to it. One squirrel was just sitting peacefully on my back steps looking out into the yard today. I’ve never seen one so calm like that. I hope they find the feeder soon. I didn’t want to put it in the same tree as my bluebird house. That already has visitors too.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've lived out in the boonies, 30 minutes from town most of my life. The whole entire time has been a negative experience, except my feral cats. Can't wait to move to town! :crossfingers:
Yeah, different experiences. I CHOSE to live 30 minutes from anywhere and love it. And that's really a minor commute for most people. But I can see how it would be a lot worse if I didn't have my own car, or couldn't afford a reliable car. As it is, I have a decent enough job so that I don't tolerate an unreliable vehicle, and can keep a spare car around, so everything is fine.

I hope you get to move to town soon!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When do you think a child is old enough for the top bunk?
Aislyn currently has her own room but has known from the start that she will end up sharing it with Aedan. She asked for bunk beds. We thought it was a great idea. Aedan has been cosleeping with us - long story but he gave me no choice. He wouldn't let us lay him down at all and I needed sleep. We want to transition him to the bottom bunk and put Aislyn on the top. When we assemble the bottom one, we will put on a rail and a ladder. My MIL and Aunt in Law are griping and saying she's too young for a top bunk. I don't think so. She never falls out of bed. And we don't have much choice. There's no room for 2 beds with all their toys. And we have another baby coming in June who will sleep in our room - hopefully please God in her crib. Do you think 7 is too young for a top bunk?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you can move soon, too. At my seasonal job where the closest walmart was 45 min. high way driving, some of the techs struggled because they like going into town and doing things on their down time and wished they had known this before accepting the position.

Sometimes we don't know how something will feel to us until we experience it. It sounds like you are self-aware and know criteria you'd want for your next home. This is valuable information.

I put up a squirrel feeder the other day but so far they haven’t found it. I’m trying to make a little visible trail to lead them over to it. One squirrel was just sitting peacefully on my back steps looking out into the yard today. I’ve never seen one so calm like that. I hope they find the feeder soon. I didn’t want to put it in the same tree as my bluebird house. That already has visitors too.
What does yours look like? Have the squirrels come to feed yet? Bet they are so happy!

Have you seen these before?

Wow, I was not getting notifications for this thread at all.
Uh oh, welcome back though! Agree with the profile pic! Stunning!

When do you think a child is old enough for the top bunk?
Aislyn currently has her own room but has known from the start that she will end up sharing it with Aedan. She asked for bunk beds. We thought it was a great idea. Aedan has been cosleeping with us - long story but he gave me no choice. He wouldn't let us lay him down at all and I needed sleep. We want to transition him to the bottom bunk and put Aislyn on the top. When we assemble the bottom one, we will put on a rail and a ladder. My MIL and Aunt in Law are griping and saying she's too young for a top bunk. I don't think so. She never falls out of bed. And we don't have much choice. There's no room for 2 beds with all their toys. And we have another baby coming in June who will sleep in our room - hopefully please God in her crib. Do you think 7 is too young for a top bunk?
Not sure about age and know bunkbeds are super funny and the kids would probably enjoy them more, but also wanted to mention another option that I didn't know about until recently. There are beds with a lower section that pulls out and can hold a mattress. Although, it depends on room as you mentioned toys have a large footprint in the room.

Also, are they thinking the bung won't have a railing?? I'd be nervous myself to sleep in one without a railing, but many do come with them. In my opinion, it would be hard to fall out of a top bunk if there was a railing.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought some music CDs for the first time in many years. There's still a lot of music that isn't available on Google Play or iTunes, especially world music like this. I actually had these discs when I was a teen, but I think they were lost in a move. The music really takes me back 🎧

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it public transportation though? We have nothing here, not even a taxi. So we're crap out of luck if our car quits. Plus these back roads are dangerous in the winter.
Although this is true (we don't even have mail delivery), I wouldn't give up the freedom and beauty of the country for anything.
I would rather die than move back to the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.