The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had the most craziest week at home and at work..from my own car breaking a power steering belt halfway around a corner and nearly wiping out the traffic lights to totally weird and never before breakdowns at work to a fire in the bush near here. Looking after my sisters dog who is a nasty snappy terrier thing while they are on holidays who bit me while I was actually feeding it..grrr.
Woke up this morning and my mind was totally blank..made a coffee and stared at the wall for half hour.
Stress does bad things to you..lol

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Never been there. But I'm looking forward to it.
I have some words of advice, if you don't already own a pair, buy a pair of GOOD hiking boots. That was
my mistake. I was on my honeymoon with blisters, OUCH!! and make certain you've broken them in.
That is if you even like hiking but I have a feeling you do.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is if you even like hiking but I have a feeling you do.
I used to, but I have almost no cartilage in my right knee and it's rubbing bone on bone. So a short hike I could do, but not Half Dome.
I'm mostly going to meet my ex (yes that one). He's going to hike Half Dome while I walk around and take in the beauty (before it's gone).
Going to drive up with my BFF and drop him at his sister's in Fresno for 5 days, pick my ex up at the airport and spend 5 days at Yosemite with him. Then do a return trip with my BFF. I can't wait.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Making progress with applications. Applied for 5 graduate master's programs and 4 seasonal positions. Full-time permanent positions currently posted all start before May, but hopefully as summer approaches there will be full-time positions posted that start after I graduate.

I've been surprised by the range of pay for seasonal jobs this year. Maybe I started the search late as I focused on applying to Research Experiences for Undergradautes earlier in the semester, and may not have applied to field jobs until the end of the semester. But it was hard to find anything over $12/hour, and some even wanted you to have a Bachelor's degree already at that low of a pay rate. :eek: Guess that's the wildlife field... The only positive is many field jobs offer free housing throughout the job, so it can make up a little if at a lower payrate.

Although so far this year, there are many between $14-20!!! I'm in shock, but glad to see competitive, more livable wage payrates for seasonal jobs. Most of the higher ones do not offer housing, although it probably wouldn't be an option with 3 cats, and I'd rather live alone than rooming with coworkers.

Just as a backup, I even found some seasonal jobs within an hour of less of my mom's place. Such as, if I'm accepted for grad school, but it doesn't start until Aug-Sept., but get a seasonal job back home and non here by school, it would provide experience in my field and save me money by living back at home. My mom would be okay with getting a door to separate the upstairs and downstairs, the cats and I would stay downstairs, and my mom's cat would stay upstairs. I kind of go back and forth, thinking I can handle being back home and miss being with family, but sometimes not and feeling like I'm drowning just thinking about it and I won't survive emotionally. It would be beneficial economically by saving money though.

Plus, many field jobs are 3 months, and is it worth spending money relocating? Will I be able to find a rental for only a few months as many have 6-12 month leases? Although, I could stay in the area afterwards and find other employment, depending if nothing else is lined up afterwards yet.

I also really want to buy a house, and being back home would allow me to save money for a down payment...

I need to stop thinking so much!!! Gahh, haha.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to, but I have almost no cartilage in my right knee and it's rubbing bone on bone. So a short hike I could do, but not Half Dome.
I'm mostly going to meet my ex (yes that one). He's going to hike Half Dome while I walk around and take in the beauty (before it's gone).
Going to drive up with my BFF and drop him at his sister's in Fresno for 5 days, pick my ex up at the airport and spend 5 days at Yosemite with him. Then do a return trip with my BFF. I can't wait.
OMG!!! I am sooooo excited for you!! I want details when you return. I spent one night there on my honeymoon, maybe you will as well!!!;) Yesterday I dedicated Ah, Leah to you and didn't know you were going with the ex. seems like there are some things that are just meant to be!

💖💞💝

Last edited:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a horrific nightmare about nuclear war. I'm still feeling the physical effects of the anxiety.

I recently read that half of my generation believes that nuclear war will happen some time this decade. I'm sorry to say I'm part of that half.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a horrific nightmare about nuclear war. I'm still feeling the physical effects of the anxiety.

I recently read that half of my generation believes that nuclear war will happen some time this decade. I'm sorry to say I'm part of that half.
Turns out it's pretty difficult to think about war with a cat on top of you, performing what must've been the most thorough cleaning in feline history. She even licked my nose at the end.

Cats are the greatest :petcat:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! I am sooooo excited for you!! I want details when you return. I spent one night there on my honeymoon, maybe you will as well!!!;) Yesterday I dedicated Ah, Leah to you and didn't know you were going with the ex. seems like there are some things that are just meant to be!

💖💞💝
Don't get too excited. Like I've said, I'm not giving up my 40 acres to move to SC. I'm saving this land for my son. It may be all that's left in 30 years the way things are building up.
But I am excited to see him again.

Just found out this evening that my 40 year old nephew was found dead at home this afternoon. He is the youngest of my sister’s three children and the father of three. Such a shock.
I am so very sorry.

I don't think nuclear war is going to happen. I'm more afraid of Bio-chemical war.
Actually, Kim Jong Un scares the Hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.