The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
So how did the story end? Did somebody help you?
Oh, yes. I felt like I was stuck at the I-5 on ramp in Sacramento for awhile there, but eventually our ride came and he was a very nice man even though he was wealthy. We had a lot of "weird" things in common. He was driving one of those newer cars with all the computers and LEDs because that's what wealthy people drive, but he didn't try to take me off in the woods to chop me up with a chainsaw or anything. :lol:

He had just moved to the area as soon as he could afford to retire from his job in the city. His wife teaches at the college. They were just regular people who could have been my friends under other circumstances.

What was their reaction to Willow?
He and his wife are major dog geeks who take their pooches hiking in the community forest, so he probably figured out what was up when he saw the "homeless" walking around in a wealthy neighbourhood with what he initially thought was three little dogs. Willow is tightly bonded to me now, as well as the dogs, and this was the second weird me-crisis where she just picked up on the fact that she needed to not freak out. I didn't have her backpack with me and it was a busy street. We don't have any other humans in our family. This had the potential to end very badly.

But it didn't. I just popped her into the shoulder bag I was carrying for tired doggies, sammiches, recorder and harmonica, and other random little things. She trusted me to get us out of there and just waited.

What was their reaction to Willow?
Surprise, of course. :lol: He asked me to get in the back seat because of the doggies' muddy paws, which was slightly scary at first because it's been so long since I've hitch hiked that I hadn't even thought about the automatic door locks that modern cars have. :lol:

I'm skeered of rich people, obviously, but they were just regular folks like you and me.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Finally got Aedan in to get his hair cut again. He really needed it; it was getting awfully long! It makes him look so much older! :bawling: He's growing up too fast.

View attachment 320980

View attachment 320981
Alicia88 Alicia88 , that smile of his could even melt this lump of rock and ice in me that passes for a heart. <3

I know it's hard when you're so busy, but do try to make a little bit of time for yourself to enjoy these fleeting moments while Aedan is still so full of magic and curiosity but still smells like a baby. The days are long, but the years are short and it's gone in the blink of an eye.

Cooking and cleaning can wait 'til tomorrow
But babies grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow
So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep

There are no guarantees that tomorrow will ever come. Let the grownups wait a minute until you're finished answering Aedan's question or getting him a drink of water. You'll have time to do all that stuff for them later.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful boy with us.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to figure out if I'll be able to find someone to come be with Mom as I really want to see The Rolling Stones when they come to St Louis this coming August. I probably won't find anyone though.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to figure out if I'll be able to find someone to come be with Mom as I really want to see The Rolling Stones when they come to St Louis this coming August. I probably won't find anyone though.
Can you afford to hire someone for the short time?
I'm lucky. I'm planning a trip to Yosemite in late May. Both my son and his GF will be here. He's Psych and she's a CNA. My mom is covered except for one night when they work the same night.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm lucky. I'm planning a trip to Yosemite in late May. Both my son and his GF will be here. He's Psych and she's a CNA. My mom is covered except for one night when they work the same night.
I love Yosemite!!!

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The three teeth I need extracted have been gradually breaking. Just last night, I lost a bit more of the lower one in my sleep. I guess I know which one needs to come out first, but I doubt I'll be able to afford it anytime soon.
(((((((((((((((((((( Katie M Katie M )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Me too, my friend, me too. Don't ever be ashamed of having the courage to tough it out. It's a very difficult thing that most people aren't going to understand because most people aren't strong enough. I know I wasn't until I was.

That said, dental pain affects your whole outlook on life, so please be kind to yourself. This too shall pass. I'm right here with you, waiting for my last upper tooth to let go, wondering how I'm going to manage the nutrition thing long term, but I know from experience that eventually, maybe when i finish typing this post and maybe not for another week yet, there will be a sudden, sharp pain that brings me to my knees, a bunch of red stuff pouring out of my mouth, a piece of my own ivory in my hand and this very odd, strange sensation that I can't quite place until I realize that it is the absence of pain.

You won't die. That's an urban legend. It's a very deeply entrenched urban legend, but it still isn't true. The next person who answers your post is going to tell you I'm a mental health or a mean old troll and that you have to call the ambulance. I can't change that. Whether you decide to believe me or the urban legend does not affect the fact that you won't die from a toothache and neither will I, even though we might want to. :lol:

Waiting for your tooth to come out is something you shouldn't have to do, but it is something you should never, ever be ashamed of having the courage to accomplish. Tooth shamers are just ignorant, spoiled little brats. They aren't worth your time.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. :hugs: I wish dental care wasn't so expensive. The extractions aren't too bad here, but replacing them with implants is the expensive part and insurance doesn't cover it yet.
They're up to $500 here, but even if you have the money, you can't get one unless you apply for benefits and become a patient and consent to X-rays and......

They've got billboards and ads on the buses here for the implants. Yea, they're very science fiction but thirty grand would feed a lot of hungry people or maybe be enough for a down payment on a farm and definitely it would get you a van that you could live in.

And think about the time involved and all that pain and everything we DON'T know about the long term consequences of going through life with holes drilled in your bones.

I'd rather have my own body. I've sent enough dentists' kids' to college for one lifetime.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the fact that you won't die from a toothache and neither will I
I'm not going to "tooth shame" or say you're a mean old troll or anything, but I am going to mention that people can and do die from dental infections all the time. The mouth is very close to the brain and once the infection hits the brain. . .well, that's that. Sadly, this country is extremely backward and barbaric when it comes to health care, so I know that getting it fixed isn't really an option for a lot of people.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a deadly tooth infection. It was eating away at my jaw, so it had to be pulled. Teeth that have fillings or crowns don't always fall out on their own, even after 20 years.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes dental care is important for any mammal. That's why for cats it's recommended to brush and get dentals because bloodstream connect teeth to the major organs. Infected teeth = no bueno.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry if it seems like I'm always complaining on here. I just don't have any other way to vent, you know? :sigh:
Yea you do. My PM box, if it ever comes to that, but I really doubt if it will. Everybody needs to vent sometimes. You've got a lot on your plate, and if anyone on this thread really has a problem with that I'll just sprinkle EZComplete on them and feed them to my cat.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry if it seems like I'm always complaining on here. I just don't have any other way to vent, you know? :sigh:
Better to get things out than keep them in. Just like Willow's Mom said, everybody needs to vent sometimes. Sometimes just telling others can ease the anxiety surrounding a situation and release the pressure..

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish but sadly no. She doesn't want strangers in the house as they kill people (Mom's words not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.