The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, Canadian laws about asbestos must be different. Do you know which parts the asbestos is in? In the drywall, in the insulation, etc.?
I have no idea. I'm trying to find the contact information for my landlord and city to be better informed. I really would like to know because I've been living in this house my entire life. I know it's not dangerous when left undisturbed but we have a lot of screws and other things in our walls.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but never let anyone tell you that cats always land on all fours.
When Demi was a baby outside, he didn't know how to get down from trees, so he would just let himself fall backwards. It scared the heck out of me. But yeah, he didn't land on all fours, I was surprised!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Selene just fell off the fridge and gave me a scare :rolleyes3:

She's fine, thank goodness, but never let anyone tell you that cats always land on all fours.
Trust me I know, that’s why I joined the cat site! My kitten Lucca couldn’t right himself at all. I ended up putting pillows around the cat tree etc. he’s still kind of clumsy. Hopefully Selene is okay :heartshape:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I normally don't care about football, but I'm really glad the chiefs won. A woman I used to go to church with, I've known her my whole life, lost her son to cancer several years ago. He was only a couple years older than me. He was a huge chiefs fan. I don't think I ever saw him without his chiefs jacket - summer or winter. Their win will mean a lot to her and that makes me happy.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
segelkatt segelkatt So very to hear this. Hoping for more time together!

And yes this winter has been really cold!!
Jon has convinced me to keep the heat on 70 most nights-it's just been bone cold around 10 to 20 at night!

not sure if your vet uses Cerenia-but it's one of the best anti nausea meds on the market plus they found it has some anti pain properties too-it's given once a day for 5 days with one day skip but my vet had me give it every day with Floey back when she had that aggressive tumor. Highly recommend this one-some vets use Pepcid AC along with Cerenia-Floey responded well with this combo.
Yes, Cerenia it is and seems to be working quite well.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 How is your foot doing?

My Kirsten was up in a tree when she was about 5 years old and was afraid to come down. I called
one of my nephews and he stood on a chair and coaxed her into his arms. That was the last time
I know of she was ever in a tree, ha!!🌳

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized this morning Isabelle hasn't needed her asthma medication bumped up yet, as allergy season should be starting soon for her. Maybe because it has been so cold. We just had almost a month of days not getting above 40*, but usually in the 20-30's. Last year winter seemed a lot more mild with many more days between 40-60*, but if it helps Isabelle's asthma not starting until later in the year, that's great, too!

Excited that my electricity bill is pretty low for it being winter. Only $60 this past month. When I first started renting last Jan., it was hard to keep electricity under $100/month if running the heater. I've been keeping half of my blinds closed, and it seems to be insulating the house a lot! In the past, all were open because I love natural light. Glad I tried that. I also had the landlady cover an old key hole that may have been just decoration as you could see through it (previously I had stuffed a kleenex in to block the hole, but Katrina started playing with it), and the strip under the door replaced. That must have helped, too. I used to keep a towel at the base of the door because I felt a draft come through, but much better now. Wonder if having two more cats has any influence because 2 more bodies emitting heat?? Even on the really cold days where my heat would have run almost non-stop 24 hours and barely keep up to 55, my heat has run much less this year. Although, also keeping the heat at or just above 50* this winter, too, so that probably helps not run as much.

I did buy snuggle safe heating units for my cats, although I think I use them more than my cats, haha. Thought they would be nice since I'm keeping the house colder , so if they wanted more heat they could use them. They keep my feet warm while I'm on the couch or while sleeping in my bed. Highly recommend! Sometimes Katrina or one of the other cats is sleeping on a blanket and I push the snugglesafe under them. Katrina started purring when I did it one time. It was too cute!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 kashmir64 kashmir64 How is your foot doing?
The swelling is down from a grapefruit to an egg. I managed to put a shoe on yesterday. It still hurts and the entire top of my foot is purple, but it's doing much better. I can completely bend my toes, so I was correct, nothing broke.
It's nothing that won't heal. Thank you for asking.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I hitch hiked with my cat the other day.

It wasn't scary or dangerous and it was necessary, because I did a stupid, took wrong turn, thought I was on Trail 11 when it was really a logging trail, and wound up in somebody's back yard. My car was parked where it always is and they tow after dark. I had absolutely no idea what road I was on or how to get back to the community forest and it was a very wealthy residential neighbourhood in a (fortunately freak/hippie friendly) college town!

That's just a very funny sentence to say and it's true. I did hitch hike with my cat the other day. I don't think I've ever done that before with any other cat. Willow is most likely my last cat (cuz spoiled wotten widda pwincess is gonna live to be 20 years old at least) and this is probably her first time being the first cat I've ever done something weird with.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hitch hiked with my cat the other day.

It wasn't scary or dangerous and it was necessary, because I did a stupid, took wrong turn, thought I was on Trail 11 when it was really a logging trail, and wound up in somebody's back yard. My car was parked where it always is and they tow after dark. I had absolutely no idea what road I was on or how to get back to the community forest and it was a very wealthy residential neighbourhood in a (fortunately freak/hippie friendly) college town!

That's just a very funny sentence to say and it's true. I did hitch hike with my cat the other day. I don't think I've ever done that before with any other cat. Willow is most likely my last cat (cuz spoiled wotten widda pwincess is gonna live to be 20 years old at least) and this is probably her first time being the first cat I've ever done something weird with.
What was their reaction to Willow?

Status
Not open for further replies.