The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone suggested Nature Radio on Pandora, and kinda living for it right now. After skipping a couple rain sounds, a musical one with forest noises and crickets and one with beach waves have been relaxing to listen to.

Haven't been out for a walk in a few days, which isn't the best for my mental health... and made myself walk out onto the deck after 3:30 to put my shoes on, buuuuuut there was so much traffic heard and it was grating to my ears so I walked back inside.... Wondering if rush hour had started. That is one of the reasons my walks get pushed back later in the day instead of the early mornings I used to go out after feeding the cats breakfast, which was between 7:30-8 am. Goal for tomorrow: go for my walk by at least 3 pm.

Did anyone else have Zoom holiday chats with family? If so, how did they go? Mine went better than expected. Enjoyed showing off my kitties and seeing other furbabies. Everyone was impressed with how loving Katrina was as she came to visit, let me hold her, and was kissing and rubbing her head against me, haha. Most of my family keeps cats, so saw at least 6 cats and 2 dogs.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried a video game for cats one of my pen pals recommended. Has anyone else tried them with their cats? This is the specific:
Brought my tv with laptop hooked up and set it up for Sunnie upstairs. Mom's been worried he slept most of the day yesterday, although he has been eating much better since starting the maintenance pain meds. Thought it would be something fun for Sunnie as he hasn't been super playful with toys lately, and oh boy did he like the video!

Need to send out my holiday cards still. Looks like they will be wishing people happy new year cards. :p

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished BFF’s presents. I’ll drop them on her doorstep tomorrow with a box of cookies. They turned out huge. But I could only find big flowers at Walmart. If I had more time I would have gone with smaller ones. I also couldn’t find a gold ribbon that I loved.

I made 4 altogether. Now lets see if she manages to wear them! 😅

View attachment 363273View attachment 363274View attachment 363275View attachment 363276
Those are so beautiful!!! She'll adore them!! You need a break young lady!! Have hubby take kids out for a loooong
drive, have a quiet nap with Mooch and they'll bring you your fave take out!!💖

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is more European - I started eating soft-boiled eggs like that after studying abroad in France and having them at a B&B on a side trip to Croatia. I even did get an egg cup at one point, but idk where it is. I'm not supposed to eat runny egga while pregnant anyway, so it's probably good I can't find it and be tempted! :yummy:
We ate them that way. My mother's parents were from Eastern Europe.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been on TCS much lately, due to multiple crises that have been taking all my time and attention. Right now, however, the thing on my mind is a new thread. I think we may have a member who's being abused -- I know her cats are. Please, everybody, check out this thread and see if we can come up with some solutions: My cats are terrified of my father.

Margret
I think he should be arrested and the child removed from the home

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tried a video game for cats one of my pen pals recommended. Has anyone else tried them with their cats? This is the specific:
Brought my tv with laptop hooked up and set it up for Sunnie upstairs. Mom's been worried he slept most of the day yesterday, although he has been eating much better since starting the maintenance pain meds. Thought it would be something fun for Sunnie as he hasn't been super playful with toys lately, and oh boy did he like the video!

Need to send out my holiday cards still. Looks like they will be wishing people happy new year cards. :p
I'll see what Mooch thinks later. I've been showing her some bird and mice videos. Sometimes she's a little interested; sometimes she looks downright annoyed! :lol: I tried them with my Mom's cat Pumpkin and Mom basically had to leave her phone with him because he was...intent! :flail:
Those are so beautiful!!! She'll adore them!! You need a break young lady!! Have hubby take kids out for a loooong
drive, have a quiet nap with Mooch and they'll bring you your fave take out!!💖
Thank you she loved them! Only one was really small enough to wear. She's using them as Christmas decor. I told her next year we will start early so we can get to a proper floral department to find things.

I did a lot of being lazy this weekend but I do need a long break before the school year starts. DH is very different from me; he doesn't sit still for long. He spent 2 days putting together a robot for/with DS. He handled most meals too. I mean they were leftovers; but still! I told DH everyone in this house is capable of getting their own breakfast and lunch; even if it's just a sandwich. If they don't eat that's not my fault! :crazy: I've made food available. :flail: I have laundry to fold and some dishes to wash; but other than that I want to take it easy. I don't think I could get it together to teach anything right now. :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll see what Mooch thinks later. I've been showing her some bird and mice videos. Sometimes she's a little interested; sometimes she looks downright annoyed! :lol: I tried them with my Mom's cat Pumpkin and Mom basically had to leave her phone with him because he was...intent! :flail:
What is the annoyance? Gets too excited? Both Persia and Sunnie were so confused and intrigued when the mouse would disappear at the edge of the screen and looked behind the screen. 🤣 They are too smart. They know it *should* have gone somewhere. It can't just *disappear*! Yes, I'd love to hear what Mooch thinks and her reaction. I'm interested in seeing Isabelle's reaction as she is often very smart and practical about things. Wonder if she will be tricked by the ole disappear at the edge of the screen and peak behind the monitor or not.

What were the bird and mice videos? Are they a similar style?

Too funny about your Mom and her cat Pumpkin. I've only tried it on my computer monitor and a tv. Kitty must have good eyes to see the images on a phone, unless she has a good sized one!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Went out for a walk today. It was refreshing.
You inspired me. The kids and I took a nice walk today too. It's been far too long! I knew we all needed the fresh air and actual sunshine.

Mooch liked an animated fish video more. The other videos are recorded live birds and critters. I'll have to pull the videos up on one of my kid's kindle fires and record her expressions. It was like she was thinking "Why are you bothering me with this?!" I've got pictures of Pumpkin watching. He was 17 this past September and we are pretty sure he has lost most to all of his hearing. But the other day he was chasing a light reflection on the wall in the living room! He sat there intently watching the videos; sometimes starting a bit when they'd leave the screen quickly.

Noodles loved to watch kittens on tv! I would put the TinyKittens livestreams up in the living room and she'd come watch the babies play. Sometimes she'd jump up and sit in front of the tv. I have been missing her lately. :rbheart:

These are the videos I tried with Mooch and Pumpkin. Olivia wasn't around at Mom's when I tried them. She's a bit more aloof of a cat; although friendlier than when she was younger. Her obsession is light reflections; so she might go for them. I can try the next time I go for laundry. :rolleyes2:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wondering how the gf mom will be tonight when her parents come over for dinner the mom has dementia i already have had family members who suffered from it so i know the pain of watching ones you love waste away from it.i struggle with how best to comfort the gf since the advice i give seems to upset her more :(she is in denial and doesnt want to have a plan of action ready for her mom like finding a good care giver in mind to hire etc.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You inspired me. The kids and I took a nice walk today too. It's been far too long! I knew we all needed the fresh air and actual sunshine.

Mooch liked an animated fish video more. The other videos are recorded live birds and critters. I'll have to pull the videos up on one of my kid's kindle fires and record her expressions. It was like she was thinking "Why are you bothering me with this?!" I've got pictures of Pumpkin watching. He was 17 this past September and we are pretty sure he has lost most to all of his hearing. But the other day he was chasing a light reflection on the wall in the living room! He sat there intently watching the videos; sometimes starting a bit when they'd leave the screen quickly.

Noodles loved to watch kittens on tv! I would put the TinyKittens livestreams up in the living room and she'd come watch the babies play. Sometimes she'd jump up and sit in front of the tv. I have been missing her lately. :rbheart:

These are the videos I tried with Mooch and Pumpkin. Olivia wasn't around at Mom's when I tried them. She's a bit more aloof of a cat; although friendlier than when she was younger. Her obsession is light reflections; so she might go for them. I can try the next time I go for laundry. :rolleyes2:

How wonderful about taking a walk and enjoying it! It always seems to be one of those things where it is so good for you, but hard to remember until you go out. Often I'm left wondering, why didn't I go out sooner? I feel so much better getting outside!

Thanks for more suggestions of videos to try. Cannot wait to try them. Too funny you're kitty had the why are you bothering me impression, haha. Um... trying to give you something fun to do...? Would love to see a video of her expressions if you end up recording them. Sounds adorable!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The box of my friend's Christmas presents finally left the :censored: Greensboro USPS distribution facility this morning around 2:30 after over a week of just sitting there. I'm hoping it's on its way to her local post office for delivery :crossfingers: There hasn't been any update to the tracking status since. The post office should be next, at least according to something I found online last night about USPS distribution centers. I also found tons of recent local news articles about the huge backlog of late mail / packages sitting at the Greensboro location and customer complaints about late / missing mail that go back years before the pandemic. I'm going to try UPS or FedEx the next time I need to mail my friend something, anything to avoid Greensboro's USPS facilities.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They all get Christmas off too so that willstop things. DS is happy with his late arriving present. DD’s birthday things are moving along from the looks of it. They are coming UPS.

Which reminds me; I took her new duvet cover out to see how it looks in her room yesterday. I’m still not sure what color I want to repaint the bottom of her room. But we did order curtains. Those are her grandparents contribution. (:thanks::rock:)

The colors are beautiful but not quite as vibrant as I expected. DD loves it so that’s all that matters! We will put it together once I can wash everything.

I think the pink wall color looks fine! I’m probably going to leave all the trim brown too.
A600686A-DA3B-445E-9B2C-6FC2446ABD00.jpeg
97384AFE-B3B0-4661-882E-9A29911EE503.jpeg

These are the curtains we chose. DS has the pink ones in the olive green color and they are SO dark!! The sheers are a warmer purple than my camera caught here.
580E1782-E4C6-475B-9EA9-B8ACD83452F2.jpeg

If those don’t match well; I can exchange for these.
60F463DD-B8E5-4A4B-8762-62862DB8CAD6.jpeg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure was play chasing Sopdet and ran her up a tree. Both wound up 50 feet in the tree. I was scared that they'd get stuck. Shaman was the only one I knew who could go 50 miles up a tree and get back down. But they made it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.