The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let me get a picture of the walls... Sometimes the diamonds and stripes don't really photograph well. I think its a bit more muted in real life.
1D849F29-82AA-4BA6-A5BD-90317EA40646.jpeg
9EC52E5E-3629-44D5-9AD3-FBD845816E31.jpeg

What is a duvet cover? I don't even know what a duvet is. We just have a blanket, then bedspread/comforter over that.
It's sort of like a slipcover that goes over a comforter like filler. I have never had or used one either. But I was reading that most comforters will fit inside a duvet cover. Since her's is so cozy as is I was thinking it would be nice to keep using it.

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is a duvet cover? I don't even know what a duvet is. We just have a blanket, then bedspread/comforter over that.
Edit: A duvet is like a comforter, but different.

True story btw, I fell asleep with my duvet around my head on the floor today while watching a movie. When I woke up, I found Roscoff sleeping on top of my head. :lol:

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh. I think I had one of those as a teenager. It was just for decoration, it went on the bed after making it in the morning, but I didn't sleep with it on there. It wasn't warm.
Not really. It actually goes over the comforter like a pillowcase, so it's easier to wash. (There are some differences between comforters and duvets but nothing major.) The decorative thing is different although I'm not sure what it's called :tongue: .

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, idk then. The ones for pillows are just supposed to be put on a pillow you don't use, so you don't have to take it off. But if it's the one for the comforter I think you're supposed to use it. You were pretty dedicated to keep putting it on and taking it off! I never would have had the patience for that.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I think that shade of pink would look awesome with an aqua and purple and be very mermaidy. Maybe new curtains? That could really make it pop.
I definitely think new curtains. She's been asking for new blackout curtains like I got for her brother. His room is SUPER dark. Those green ones are blackout; but not as dark as his room gets. I saw some ombre sheers in those colors too! I was looking at bedding on Amazon. I started with looking for mermaid ones that don't actually have mermaids on it (so not too juvenile) but I'm kind of loving this paisley!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0824PXCTC/?tag=thecatsite

Let's see if I can screenshot my wish list...
7B8A5B16-6BDC-44F9-8ED8-2CC81B721E66.jpeg

I like both paisleys a lot. The bottom looks more mature than we need; but the blue in it is nice. It's not a duvet though. And its more expensive. :rolleyes2:
20FA7059-2DEF-499C-AA27-C37B8CFB1F00.jpeg

I top one here is what first caught my eye. And its a prime deal right now. I’m just not sure about how it will look in person. Its a great price though! I think the one below it is a bit too bold.

I probably need to settle on bedding and curtains first. She only has one window so it's not too hard to get new curtains. The ones I got for DS weren't expensive either. Her valance rod and the tie backs are purple and iridescent glitter. They photographed kind of funky too. But they will match her new colors better.

I’m afraid if everything is bold it’ll be too much. If the bottom is too neutral; it might not match. 🤔 But I’m not in a rush. If we decide to do this we likely won’t paint till spring. And I will ask the grandparents if they would like to contribute in lieu of regular birthday gifts. She’s not looking for toys so much and they usually ask for ideas. So we’ll see.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I started with looking for mermaid ones that don't actually have mermaids on it
I'm with you on the paisley, and it is a pattern that will grow up with her for several years. The "fish scale" may not fit her style in a year, but the paisley will adapt well to anything.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm alone today and having a very hard time :frown:
I'm so sorry, Katie. A lot of people been struggling as well. Doc upped one of my meds
but it hasn't taken effect yet. Sometimes, on really bad days, you just have to take it one
hour at a time. Maybe treat yourself to a bouquet of flowers, your fave snack, or
movie.

PM anytime if you want to talk

Love,
Mia :hugs: ♥

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! And it had another piece that went over the pillow. It was a pain to take off every night and put back on every morning. I just figured it was decorative.
Sounds as if what you had was a regular bedspread, with a pillow cover to match. Usually the pillow cover is kept on an extra pillow, so you do not have to take it off nightly.

A duvet/comforter is a heavier/warmer bedspread.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I really like the first set you posted. The colors are muted, yet full and vibrant. It will stand up for a while.. not too busy.. you can accent with almost any color.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely think new curtains. She's been asking for new blackout curtains like I got for her brother. His room is SUPER dark. Those green ones are blackout; but not as dark as his room gets. I saw some ombre sheers in those colors too! I was looking at bedding on Amazon. I started with looking for mermaid ones that don't actually have mermaids on it (so not too juvenile) but I'm kind of loving this paisley!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0824PXCTC/?tag=thecatsite

Let's see if I can screenshot my wish list...
View attachment 360314
I like both paisleys a lot. The bottom looks more mature than we need; but the blue in it is nice. It's not a duvet though. And its more expensive. :rolleyes2:
View attachment 360315
I top one here is what first caught my eye. And its a prime deal right now. I’m just not sure about how it will look in person. Its a great price though! I think the one below it is a bit too bold.

I probably need to settle on bedding and curtains first. She only has one window so it's not too hard to get new curtains. The ones I got for DS weren't expensive either. Her valance rod and the tie backs are purple and iridescent glitter. They photographed kind of funky too. But they will match her new colors better.

I’m afraid if everything is bold it’ll be too much. If the bottom is too neutral; it might not match. 🤔 But I’m not in a rush. If we decide to do this we likely won’t paint till spring. And I will ask the grandparents if they would like to contribute in lieu of regular birthday gifts. She’s not looking for toys so much and they usually ask for ideas. So we’ll see.
I love that first one as well, though I'd probably show them all to your daughter and get her input as well.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Those comforters are adorable! I cannot wait to see the finished product of the room. It will be so cute.

Frustrated this morning. My mom told me she was saving the last breakfast sausage for me and when I came up to eat breakfast this morning could not find it. I asked it where it was, and saw she had half eaten on a plate... She ate it. This is the third time this month she happily told me I could have the last of a food portion, but ended up eating it without telling me... She hasn't done this before and seems to be new behavior. I was upset and told her don't tell me you are saving something for me and I can have it if you are just going to eat it. :angrywoman: Whatever, probably going to tell her don't tell me you are saving something for me next time she says she is saving me food.

Other than that, a sunny, brisk day sitting on the enclosed porch with Isabelle. She is on the other couch sitting in a patch of sunlight. I'm over here with a warm, cozy blanket over my lap and my fingertips chilled and almost going numb, haha. But it is nice out here. Feels like the sun hasn't been here for a while. Nice to have it so bright.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love it! My mother's was the best!
One of these days I'm going to try making it myself. DS won't eat it because he isn't a fan of potatoes. But the rest of us will enjoy it.
I'm with you on the paisley, and it is a pattern that will grow up with her for several years. The "fish scale" may not fit her style in a year, but the paisley will adapt well to anything.
I'm thinking the paisley will be a longer-lasting choice too. It's easier to change accessories than bedding/fabrics and wall colors. I told her once she's officially done with toys in her room we will look for a desk. And a chair for reading.
Frustrated this morning. My mom told me she was saving the last breakfast sausage for me and when I came up to eat breakfast this morning could not find it. I asked it where it was, and saw she had half eaten on a plate... She ate it.
I'm sorry. That kind of thing gets me really upset too. It's one thing if you know it's gone. It's another if your expecting. My step-brother used to take stuff even when it was labeled. I heard he got kicked out of an apartment by his roommates for that kind of thing. I picked up the bad habit of "eat it before it's gone" and that's been REALLY hard to break. Not just him; but there were 5 of us. My step-siblings could devour a bag of oranges in a day. Things like that. I actually remember my step-dad making a frozen pizza and lecturing my step brother and his friend who was over that they didn't need to eat the whole thing just because they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.