The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes it was , my husband thought he was doing the guy a good favor by letting him come inside the house , but i was very uncomfortable with him being here so i told jon ( the hubby) that i wanted him to leave
I don't know if I would be comfortable with that in normal times, much less a pandemic. Especially if my husband didn't discuss it with me before inviting someone to stay.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldnt be comfortable with a stranger in my house either. But one time DH and his Dad were hiking and got lost. I think it was 3:30/4 in the morning when they came across a house and the guy let them rest there and gave them coffee before he left for work! He barely got cell reception there to let me know they were ok. Worst night of my life by far! I was in a fog for days!! I appreciated that man letting them rest.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use my real name on facebook. I fake birthday and date.
I use all my real info. But I have it set on Friends/Family only, with only 74 people able to read it.

My brother has golden retrievers. They are the friendliest dogs, but they seem to always be having expensive operations! Is this normal for goldens? They were expensive dogs from a breeder. I got my cats for free from the woods and they never need operations. Makes you wonder...

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use all my real info. But I have it set on Friends/Family only, with only 74 people able to read it.

My brother has golden retrievers. They are the friendliest dogs, but they seem to always be having expensive operations! Is this normal for goldens? They were expensive dogs from a breeder. I got my cats for free from the woods and they never need operations. Makes you wonder...
My grandmother's dog was a golden. She had numerous problems with her hips and elbows.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Kids across the street were petting Tourmaline who ran away from them when I went outside. So they're like Is that your cat? I said well I think she adopted me. They heard me call her Tourmaline and they said "We call her Diamond". These kids would not know what a Tourmaline gem is and I was like "Close enough name. Both are gems." They apologized for petting her and I said that it was ok and thanks for being kind to her and they can help with her if they want. They got all excited about that. Tourmaline doesn't mind them at all though so they must be gentle with her. Anyway I went outside to retrieve my cam before it died on me and they said "Hey there. She's over here." I saw her under the car. I said, That's ok. She's fine. She'll be back. And thank you for caring for her."

Tourmaline goes over there on her own so I know they must be ok with her because most cats won't go to someone who was mean to them (at least from my observation) It would be nice if they gave her a home though, but I'd have to observe them with her a bit more.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see people out hiking with their dogs a lot and it looks so fun to do together. My niece brings her pup but I have no clue what kind of mutt he is.

My dog growing up was a lab mix. She looked like a Rottweiler as a baby but her spots grew out. She was nuts too. :lol: Our other dog I’m not sure what she was because we got so many different opinions. She had some spaniel to her looks. She would occasionally point. She was a more destructive puppy; but into way less trouble as an adult! I’m not opposed to mutts; I just really loved all the goldens my family had and I think one would be great for DS. He runs up and down the fence with the neighbors two little dogs now. 😆

I guess a golden would be too big to kayak with. Ive seen people paddling a canoe with their lab in it. :lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep the cans of wet food in a lower cabinet that has a pull out shelf (where the cans go) and an open area at the bottom (where my crock pot goes). I put the food in the bowls and go to give it to the cats. But only Boone was around now.

I looked in my room thinking maybe Gracie had to use the potty box before breakfast. No Gracie. Maybe downstairs? Nope. I started to get worried. I picked up her bowl (stainless steel) and a fork and started hitting the bowl with the fork.

All of a sudden I hear a commotion coming from inside that cabinet behind me. Gracie must have gone into the bottom area where the crock pot is and I didn't see her. I shut her in the cabinet. :lol: Unlike the pantry where she is always getting shut into, the cabinet can't be opened as easily from the inside so she was stuck and couldn't get out on her own.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick That reminds me of the times I locked Artie in my closets!!

First time was when he was with me for a few weeks. Before I left the house, I went into the storeroom for a bottle of water.

When I came home from work, 9 hours later, I could not find him anywhere. Artie always came to greet me at the door. I looked everywhere for him, several times.. I even searched the floor outside of my apartment. I was really getting worried.. not behind the water hearer, the washer, dryer, stove, not under the bed, no in my clothes closet, not in His room or either bathroom.. I was almost in tears.. ready to call the superintendent.

Finally, I heard a quiet 'meow'...
Yup, locked in my storeroom. I had searched there earlier.. This time, he was calling out. He was hiding in a corner... scared..
Poor boy, was locked in there all day.. from7am-6pm.... oMG... no food, no water, no litter box...
He had tried to get out, but toppled over my grannie cart! He was in the dark, frightened an scared.. Once I located him in the storeroom, he came running out... and let me HAVE it...

I felt terrible.. I cud not love him up, enough.. Artie wanted nothing to do with me...
He did not pee or poop the entire time he was in there.. what a good, clean kitty...

Another time, I locked him in my clothes closet! for an hour.. or so..... Artie used to get into so many things...

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick That reminds me of the times I locked Artie in my closets!!

First time was when he was with me for a few weeks. Before I left the house, I went into the storeroom for a bottle of water.

When I came home from work, 9 hours later, I could not find him anywhere. Artie always came to greet me at the door. I looked everywhere for him, several times.. I even searched the floor outside of my apartment. I was really getting worried.. not behind the water hearer, the washer, dryer, stove, not under the bed, no in my clothes closet, not in His room or either bathroom.. I was almost in tears.. ready to call the superintendent.

Finally, I heard a quiet 'meow'...
Yup, locked in my storeroom. I had searched there earlier.. This time, he was calling out. He was hiding in a corner... scared..
Poor boy, was locked in there all day.. from7am-6pm.... oMG... no food, no water, no litter box...
He had tried to get out, but toppled over my grannie cart! He was in the dark, frightened an scared.. Once I located him in the storeroom, he came running out... and let me HAVE it...

I felt terrible.. I cud not love him up, enough.. Artie wanted nothing to do with me...
He did not pee or poop the entire time he was in there.. what a good, clean kitty...

Another time, I locked him in my clothes closet! for an hour.. or so..... Artie used to get into so many things...
Poor baby!!

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As I was drifting off to sleep last night - around 2:30 am, DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I haven’t really thought about it. Maybe a new vacuum. Something that works well with pet hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.