The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Wow! What a crazy delay! That's understandable. I would just hate to be left with half a cat tree and then not be able to get a refund or exchange if I waited too long to mention it.

I just looked at the window and thought it looked like it was snowing, then checked the weather website because kitty in lap and not getting up to check... and it is! Until it gets warmer in the next hour, then changing to rain. Surprised as I was out on a walk this morning with just a sweatshirt and was fine, even though it was in the 30's. What beautiful precipitation. That'll be one positive of being back in Illinois this winter. Seeing more snow accumulation and feeling like it is true winter.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy morning. Came into work to yelling and chaos on my Police radio. Officer walked in on a robbery and got shot in the leg. Calvary was called out to take chase. There was also a serious car accident with a car flipped.

Update.... Shooter has been killed in shoot-out with Police. Injured Officer is ok.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
klunick klunick Wow I'm glad the officer is ok!!

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Wow! What a crazy delay! That's understandable. I would just hate to be left with half a cat tree and then not be able to get a refund or exchange if I waited too long to mention it.
Yes I would have done the same thing. I ordered some stuff from Amazon during the Prime day and they sent me someone elses order completely. It was a big box too! I was afraid they would tell me to re-order and then i wouldn't get the things at the same price. But it worked out. I dislike their automated system sometimes because I wanted to be SURE I was getting my things at the same price. They make it hard to talk to a real person unless you want a phone call (not my favorite). Normally the automated system is fine and I like it. But I wanted reassurance.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered some stuff from Amazon during the Prime day and they sent me someone elses order completely.
Did you return the other person's order? Walmart keeps sending me extra stuff in my orders that I didn't order and they tell me to just keep it. They sent me a cat carrier and 2 Sorresto dog flea collars that I didn't order. That's an expensive mistake!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you return the other person's order? Walmart keeps sending me extra stuff in my orders that I didn't order and they tell me to just keep it. They sent me a cat carrier and 2 Sorresto dog flea collars that I didn't order. That's an expensive mistake!
Yes I was able to print off a shipping label and DH dropped it off. It had quite a few things in there. I’ve had them tell me to keep things that were damaged but useable before. Like a puzzel that the box was mangled. They sent a replacement for it. They make shipping it back simple enough.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Quick update on the cat bite...When I got up on Sunday evening, there was a little redness and swelling. I marked it with a sharpie, and decided if it was worse, or no better, when I got up this afternoon, I'd go to the doctor tomorrow morning. HOWEVER, I'm happy to report that, except for one tiny scab, you can't tell I was bitten. When I fed a bit ago, poor little Scamper kinda sidled up to me, wondering if I was still mad. OH, LOVEY! I never was mad, it just hurt! He's nicely secure again, got his loving, including chin rubs and ear skritches, so he's a happy little feral!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind, the cold. Went for a bike ride with Izzy and came back coughing because the air is so dry and cold now. She was happy to be out anyway. Was hoping it would help clear my head but there aren't any good bike trails near my house within walking distance.

Finally started trying to sew those cat sweaters I've been putting off for 2 years but I made it too small so now I have to start all over again.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine shipped some of her things back to the states when she left Korea a few years ago. We all know that shipping "surface" can take months (container ship, low priority). Like three months later her boxes finally arrived and it was sort of shocking because there were a few books in one of the boxes that weren't hers. Like, it had been unboxed in customs and then they were just like "well it had books, must be these!" So weird. It's one thing to mispack an order, another thing for someone to ship themselves their stuff and have someone else's stuff get mixed in to it!

Speaking of shipping, that's what's on my mind. I have two packages making the journey over from the US, but both shippers used USPS so tracking stops there. One is coming from LA and another is coming from my hometown. Both are in "limbo" and both got shipped almost the same day, so it'll be interesting to see which one arrives first. (To be honest, I kind of expected the LA one to be here already since I'd've thought there'd be enough flights.)
Both packages contain new clothes! I need to go through my old stuff ASAP and donate a load (and throw a load out too)

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was hoping it would help clear my head but there aren't any good bike trails near my house within walking distance.
I feel this so hard as related to walking trails. As the leaves are falling, the traffic and construction noises are getting louder while walking at the park behind my house. It used to be so relaxing finding a place to sit and listening to the wind blowing, leaves rustling, and birds chirping, but now it is hard to focus on them because the traffic noises have grown louder. So now I only walk and it is better, but wish there were trails closer that allowed a feeling of isolation from civilization. There are a couple trails that may offer this, although that involves driving and spending money on gas. It's hard not having good trails within walking distance. My only plus right now is the colder it gets the less people are out on the trails and not having to worry about avoiding them as much.

What qualifies a good bike trail for you?

In the past, especially when my asthma was affected by cold weather, wearing a scarf (a mask may work, too!) helped to warm the air before entering my lungs and reduced my need for taking my inhaler outside. I wonder if this may help you feel more comfortable outside.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since covid I have been postponing various doctors appointments. I've been having issues that concerned me. But covid is going nowhere and I was afraid things may get worse in the meantime. Last week I decided to go to private practitioners to clear these out of the way. Today, dentist, check! He said see you next year. I'm celebrating with my favorite beer :cheerleader:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the local birds are confused with the weather. I’ve got Blue Birds checking out the house on the tree today. And some other bird wanting in too.

I’ve had other fall birds come (woodpeckers, tufted titmice, a nuthatch); but no flocks of robins yet and no juncos.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy morning. Came into work to yelling and chaos on my Police radio. Officer walked in on a robbery and got shot in the leg. Calvary was called out to take chase. There was also a serious car accident with a car flipped.

Update.... Shooter has been killed in shoot-out with Police. Injured Officer is ok.
Wowza!!! What makes a person think they can win a shoot-out with police?? I'm glad the officer will be ok.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I just enrolled in a medical transcription program. I've had no luck finding work, so I want to expand my skills a bit further and earn another certification.
That is a great idea... something I was toying around with--in my mind.

I would think that a good transcriptionist is a rarity! Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.