The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Persia seems to be having another growth spurt. Kittens are a year now and two months. Katrina has been stable at 8 lbs and Persia seemed to be stable at 9 lbs, but just gained a few ounces this week and looks leaner like she does during her growth spurts. She's always sea sawed between looking fuller where I wonder if she needs a diet and during a growth spurt noticeable leaner. Katrina on the other hand has constantly stayed lean looking, and has always gained weight more slowly.

They've started eating adult dry food since their kitten food was finished, and boy do they seem to eat a lot more dry! Makes sense if the kitten food was more calories. And boy do they get excited for their dry. Even if they haven't finished all their wet food, if I go in the bed room for another reason Persia trots swiftly after me thinking I'm going to give dry food and meows excitedly.

I do still base the amount of dry on how long it takes them to finish their wet. 1 scoop once wet is gone, or if they finish wet food really early, like a couple times this week, they may get 2 or more scoops. They get fed at 7 and 7, so I don't feed after 12 and 12 to make sure they eat their wet food first during their next meals. So still kinda free feeding dry since neither is showing unhealthy weight gain.

Isabelle on the other hand is heavier and working to slowly get back down to 10.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first woke up, I was still worried why Gracie didn't eat much of her dinner last night and seemed more distant (slept on the cat tree instead of up and about or wanting to sleep on my lap). Then after getting up and into the bathroom, I was thinking about why I made the mistake of leaving my hair tie on the sink. Gracie must have come in during the night and started playing with it because it landed in the trash can... on the recently scooped poop! Thank God I had spare hair ties!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet just called, Zeke is done with his neuter. He has a deformed jaw so I asked her to take a look at that (every time I looked in his mouth all I saw was teeth sticking out in every direction), and in the end she had to remove 10 teeth. Poor little guy! She said it looks like his jaw was broken at some point, but when he was a baby she said she thought it was a birth defect, so who knows. He's never had trouble eating, drinking, or grooming though.

Here's Mr Derpface a few weeks ago:
20200711_144526.jpg

You can see on his left side how his jaw is wonky, plus his ear is dinged and that eye is smaller. He showed up at my house when he was about 4 weeks old and had no fresh injuries, so whatever it was happened when he was very young. Maybe his head was partially crushed as a newborn.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always been skeptical of natural remedies, but I might give this a shot now.
Same with me. Someone on this forum a while back recommended frankincense oil to me for acne and I decided to give it a chance. I'm now on my second bottle and my skin is doing so much better. I only have acne now when my hormones shift around but for the most part, my skin has been clear. In the beginning, I used it almost every single day but now, I only use it when I remember and my skin is still fine.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Same with me. Someone on this forum a while back recommended frankincense oil to me for acne and I decided to give it a chance. I'm now on my second bottle and my skin is doing so much better. I only have acne now when my hormones shift around but for the most part, my skin has been clear. In the beginning, I used it almost every single day but now, I only use it when I remember and my skin is still fine.
I missed that tip somehow. I'll look into that. Thanks. I get more acne now than I did when I was a teenager. :rolleyes2:

Love your new profile pic! So pretty!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe that’s something I should look into for DD and I. She’s getting to that age where she breaks out now and then. I never fully outgrew it. :rolleyes2:

We did our last run for school supplies today. I need to organize our class space now and actually fill in my lesson plans. I made a new template for that earlier this week. I use that to track grades too. I should be able to fit more on the new one. Things are getting real!! 20/21 school year here we come! 🤪

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is the last day! I have one exam today, an essay to finish up and a little writing piece to hand in and then I'll be done. I got up early to finish my notes for the exam. I can't I'm almost done. At first, the semester felt very slow in the beginning but once it got to the last 2 weeks, the time just flew by and now, here we are... But then of course I have to start my program September 8th so I have 23 days to relax.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to dentist. The tooth is broke. And while I can save it the cost will be 3K that I do not have vs $200 to remove it. At my age there's no telling if I would have to remove it next year or so anyway so I may as well have it extracted. Then I need to get serious about getting dentures as not having the upper teeth is major cause of the bottom ones going bad from overuse. So setting up an appointment next week for removal.

After lunch have to take Mom to her doctor. She can't move at all. Then it's grocery shopping. What a nightmare.

Treasure and Sopdet are confused as to why I'm not outside all the time but I'm frantically doing Qmee surveys so I can cash out instantly and get food for them tonight and looks like it's going to have to be the cheap Dollar General food again as I had to spend $40 just now on office visit to the dentist. Ugh

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to dentist. The tooth is broke. And while I can save it the cost will be 3K that I do not have vs $200 to remove it. At my age there's no telling if I would have to remove it next year or so anyway so I may as well have it extracted. Then I need to get serious about getting dentures as not having the upper teeth is major cause of the bottom ones going bad from overuse. So setting up an appointment next week for removal.

After lunch have to take Mom to her doctor. She can't move at all. Then it's grocery shopping. What a nightmare.

Treasure and Sopdet are confused as to why I'm not outside all the time but I'm frantically doing Qmee surveys so I can cash out instantly and get food for them tonight and looks like it's going to have to be the cheap Dollar General food again as I had to spend $40 just now on office visit to the dentist. Ugh
So they came back and are fine??

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just successfully made steak in the slow cooker. It came out incredibly tender. I paired it with asparagus. This may be my best slow cooker meal yet :yummy:
Please let me know how to cook steak in the slow cooker. I suck at broiling steak in the oven. Goes from fine to burnt in a matter of minutes.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
You all know that I lost two of my furry children in he last 6 months. Now I have only one, my Maine Coon Chamouti who is no spring chicken at 16. He was never much of a cuddle cat but when he was he could not get enough of belly rubs, brushing, combing, hugging, you name it. He also never said a word although his purrs could be heard across the room. All that has changed: now he wants to be with me all the time, sitting on me, sleeping practically on my head at night, laying on the floor next to the computer chair, clawing my leg because he wants to sit in my lap and keep me from the computer, following me outside for which he had no use after he had gotten lost for 6 weeks a year ago, he has also discovered he has a voice and he uses it frequently. He tells me when it is time to go to bed, then runs ahead of me and if the bed was left unmade he is there on it on the other side of the bed waiting for me. If the bed is made he patiently sits and waits for me to make it ready for sleep and as soon as I am done he is in it, all the while talking up a storm. If the dish is empty he sits next to it and calls me until I go to check what all the noise is about. He is making up for the loss of two cats and we are doing well, just the two of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.