The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I've been doing really well with Qmee's surveys this week, close to $10 or more a day. Brought my checking account balance up and got me a 20 lb bag of cat food in 2 days time. I hope that streak continues.

My Mom is ok. She didn't break anything but she is still in pain and her left arm and hand are bruised. Yea cutting Treasure's food will be challenging since he's feral and Sopdet probably could eat a bit more although she's not skinny nor does she look like she's starving. Also a challenge with 10 other colonies in a 16 block radius here. I suspect Treasure hits the daily smorgasbord around here.

Also time and again I have begged Amazon to fix their stupid Echo Show that when there's a news clip to please let it be seen in activity from the Alexa app. What a mess. I have to sit and do surveys and can't stare at the Echo Show for hours on end waiting on the flash to come back on. Amazon just ignores my requests. They don't even acknowledge. The one I just saw seemed like a pretty important news clip but of course I'll have to sit here for 48 stupid hours waiting to see it again. Unless I"m just a total idiot when it comes to technology. I'm talking about those little things that flash on the screen of the Echo show like latest news Canada is imposing retaliatory something" It flashes too fast and then I have to sit for hours waiting for it to come back on. I don't have time to sit and stare at a screen like that. Most people don't. Amazon is weird. And then when I make the suggestion on the phone they just say "Tough luck. Your opinion doesn't count." Ugh I tell the Show to play the news flash and she puts on the movie IT. I totally despise AIs :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have to find homes for the cats. It's tearing me apart but with coyotes in the area, I'd rather the cats be somewhere safe and alive rather then get killed and ate staying here with me. So sad as they came from this hoarding situation and it took a long time to get them to even trust me. They may never trust anyone again but I can't sit and watch them be killed. I do think that's what is what happened to the other missing cats. :(

I guess that's that. :(

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our house was up for three days and so far we got four offers and more requests to look. Our first open house had five showings. It's pretty cut throat out here; so many people want us out in ten days. Sorry, but that's not gonna happen lol we haven't even had time to house hunt ourselves.

Well the night shift guy who basically did nothing finally got fired, all because he got heated and mean about refusing to wearing a mask. Security even got called on him. Finally the head of security called my boss and told him either drop my coworker or be dropped. Kind of sad that in order to fire a useless person my boss had to be threatened to have his company fired...*eye roll*

Finally got a chance to talk to my boss' boss in private about how my supervisor treated me after my car accident. Nothing is gonna be done, I know this for a fact. He doesn't care. No one does. But it still felt nice having someone with the power to do something listen to me, even if for nothing.

Now if only we can get some security guards out of here and bring back some old ones who actually did their job (they were simply moved to another building). Now we mostly have guards who are too old to throw down if needed or too lazy to do anything besides sit in the office. Heck one of our guards gave a homicidal psych patient his belongings, which included a belt, and walked away...like no?? You can't do that?? He's also so old he would break a hip trying to hold someone down. He's a sweet old man but this job isn't for him.

Then we got Sheriff Woody (a nickname my bff and I gave him cause of his last name being Woods), who was supposed to train our new guy, but had him sit alone in the office all night cause he's too lazy to make sure our new guy knows how things work, I guess. Two days later one of our older guards came back to pick up a shift and not only did he train the new guy properly, but he also introduced him to people and allowed him to socialize. He seems like a nice guy ready to learn. He won't be at our building often, since he's bouncing between three hospitals, which is a shame cause he's very easy on the eyes not gonna lie lol

Then plot twist I did not see coming, my bff said the new guy referred to me as "the super cute one". Pigs must be flying. Though since I'm only 5'2 106lbs pretty sure he was mostly talking about my size lol I'll take the compliment either way.

I still can't believe what happened in Beirut. My bff showed me a video of the aftermath and there was just carnage everywhere. My heart goes out to those wounded and who lost loved ones. I honestly don't have words to describe what I saw. It was just horrible. This year really wants the reward for worst ever.

W WillowMarie not sure if you found a carrier yet, but the one I ended up getting was this: Pet fit for life carrier.

It's not perfect, but it'll work to get from point A to point B. It buckles into the car to keep it steady and secure. Comes with a travel litter box, a collapsible bowl, and a free toy. Not sturdy enough for wild play time but for a quiet drive it'll work just fine. It's also a pain in the butt to refold so I just collapse it and put it under my bed. I'll give you an update on how well it travelled when that time comes if you want.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Then plot twist I did not see coming, my bff said the new guy referred to me as "the super cute one". Pigs must be flying. Though since I'm only 5'2 106lbs pretty sure he was mostly talking about my size lol I'll take the compliment either way.
woop woop, good on you :)!

On my mind - classy people.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're able to keep his eyes clean of the goop so they don't get stuck closed? and this could possibly help - he might not be eating if his nose is stuffy and he can't smell his food. Can you syringe feed him?

URIs — Kitten Lady

Oh my mind, - sending tons of love and hugs to Saturn!!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I messaged her human mama. She was found living in a barn and they don't have central AC in their house. She might not be used to such a cool environment.
I'm gonna have John pick up some children's benadryl. It's safe for cats and my vet advised me to use it to save a kitten a long time ago. I don't remember the dosage. Does anyone know.
Her mama uses the same vet we do and she's going to take her when she gets back.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure the liquid doesn't have xylitol in it. Cats aren't as sensitive as dogs but you still want to avoid it. Also, Zyrtec is usually more effective in cats than Benedryl, idk if they have baby Zyrtec but if they do that might be better. Although I don't really think it's allergies.

It's probably a standard upper respiratory infection, caused by poor conditions at her previous home and exacerbated by the stress of being in a new home. She'll probably need antibiotics, but until then, just keep her eyes and nose clean, and keep her eating (some kitties will recover without antibiotics as long as they get good supportive care). Gerber chicken baby food is good, and KMR is never a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.