The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would take the lightbulb to the hardware store and have someone there help you find the correct bulb. I never find the big chain hardware store employees any helpful so if there's one in your area, go to a small independent hardware store.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe you should try sleeping without a pillow or buy an orthopedic mattress?... or even a special bed?...
My mattress in just over a year old. It is a PosturePedic.. a good mattress.
It is just my back... and being out of shape, and no muscle strength. Covid has me sitting around a lot more.

Thanks, anyway..

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had the water go off about 9.00PM last night and it must have been a fairly big pipe that broke because at about 2.30AM the water came back on.
We live on the top of a hill and the water must have drained back and the pipes got full of air because when the pressure come back the noise of compressed air going into the drained toilet cistern was incredible. Had me running around in a panic trying to figure out what the noise was and the cat totally freaked out.
Scared the crap out of me.
The water coming out now is chocolate brown silt and dirt so laundry is out for the day until it clears out.
Also when I turned the kitchen tap on muddy water and compressed air blew out all over the window, blinds and bench tops...what a mess.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew being lazy about weeding would pay off, lol.

What weed?? This is a highly beneficial native plant :biggrin: :thumbsup: :cool2: At my summer job last year, the HR lady loved monarchs and was always searching for caterpillars to take them in and give them a safe place to mature. There was someone who weed eated around the property, and there were times he would trim the milkweeds along the roadway... the hr lady was rightfully upset about that. <3 She worked so hard to help many survive.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First off, this post is all in jest. I love Gracie and wouldn't trade her for the world.

This morning I remembered why I am a dog person. Peacefully sleeping and then suddenly feel intense pain in my head. I wake up enough to realize that a cat had a death grip on my head. I lift my head off the pillow and see it was Gracie. (I pretty much knew it was going to be her. She is trouble). She has dug her claws into my hair/head and it attacking my hair!! I somehow get her off my head and lay back down. Immediately she grabs ahold and starts back up.

This continues several more times. So now my head/scalp is killing me and it isn't even 7am!! Meanwhile Miss Gracie moved on to attacking a bath mat.

I think the attraction to my hair is because it is still up in a ponytail from yesterday and she spotted the elastic in my hair.

All is forgiven and she came back for some love... until Boone walked in and became the focus of her attacks.

Again.. all in jest. Don't rip me apart!! :rolleyes2:

** Just as I was about to post.. Gracie reattached herself to my head :lol2: **

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This might be a stupid question, but it's something I really don't want to screw up. I need to replace the light bulb that's over my bathroom sink, but I can't read the printing on it. The only thing I can read clearly is 150 lumens. Does that correspond to watts at all?
That would be a pretty low watt bulb, less than a 25 watt bulb, kind of unusual for a vanity. I would take the bulb out and shine a light into the fixture. Sometimes they will say the maximum watt bulb that the fixture can take.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been a while. Still wfh. Some good and bad stuff.

The good:
-The 3 cats are still healthy! Got their dental appointments set up for September which was the earliest I could get. Apparently everyone is staying home and getting dentals for their pets??
-I got a new gaming laptop!! Man that SSD. It starts up lightning fast. Who knew paying more than the minimum of $600 on a laptop would be such an upgrade. You get what you pay for. If anyone wants to play PSO2 with me let me know.
-After living in Dallas, TX for 6 years I am finally buying a house! Almost. Have to get the inspections finished which I'm nervous about. And wow this is totally cleaning out my bank account and I kind of never want to do this again lol. Might seem like a weird time to buy a house but apparently everyone has the same idea because lenders and inspectors are busy. My friend is betting that I will have acquired 3 outdoor cats by the end of the year. She knows I'm a sucker.

The Bad:
-I need shoulder surgery but no elective surgeries allowed right now. Sucks I can't get it taken care of. Apparently my doctor estimated that one of my rotator cuff tendons is 75% torn. And no it's not from sports or an injury. FML. I do not have good genes when it comes to body anatomy. Shoulders are very intricate so full recovery is about a year with lots if physical therapy. Good chance that with a tear of 75% I will not be good as new anyway. There's a tendency with reattaching tendon back to bone for scar tissue to form and not the proper connective tissue.
-The house purchase. Just will be hard on me financially for the next couple of years. I'm just lucky my job is guaranteed and I have my dad to help me out if I need a little financial help. I have helped him out on his real estate investments before.
-No travel due to Covid and shoulder. I haven't been able to see my family in California at all. And no I will not drive 21 hours. My bf and I wasn't sure if we should formally cancel our diving vacation in the Caribbean in December, but once I got news about my shoulder we had to definitely cancel it. That breaks my heart a bit but to cheer me up my friend mentioned most likely I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. And she is right since no one wants our American cooties right now, we suck.

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 Congrats on the house!!! Are you moving locations or staying in Texas? Cannot wait to hear all about it.

Sorry about the delay on the shoulder and the vacation. I believe your friends is right. My in-person graduation was supposed to be rescheduled for fall, but I don't think it will be happening anytime soon. Hang in there. I know traveling is really important to you. Stay safe and healthy, and there will be many, many more to come. :heartshape:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two of my friends who live in Chicago, a married couple, may have had a possible exposure and both are getting tested for covid. They have not mentioned if either feels sick, so crossing my fingers everything will be fine.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today has been a little crazy. The other day DH started our desktop (which I don’t really use since I got my laptop) and was stuck with a black screen and the mouse arrow. I didn’t want to get sucked into it during the week so today he tried fixing it with a video I found on YouTube. It wasn’t working so he left me to it and went outside to mow.

Some hours later I’ve managed to backup most of his data, run a malware scan (found 4) and its virus scanning again now. I still cant see the desktop though.

We ran to Walmart for a usb and picked up Chick-Fil-A on the way home. Just after we sat down DD hollared “Oh my gosh!!!” The tree that was struck by lightning a few weeks ago came down while we were out. We’ve had a number of storms this week. DH is going to get the big section tomorrow and some weight from the other side.

I don’t know if you can tell; but my kid’s sandbox is under there. Thank the Lord they weren’t outside. We’ve been keeping an eye on the tree and DH had just said he thought it was starting to lean. I was distracted with the computer. Guess he was right!

EEDB4901-A02E-48FD-BF98-6D93451A9368.jpeg
3D5717BA-F764-4BA0-AAF7-91986B548546.jpeg

Sorry they are sideways. I always forget to take some in landscape.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What weed?? This is a highly beneficial native plant :biggrin: :thumbsup: :cool2: At my summer job last year, the HR lady loved monarchs and was always searching for caterpillars to take them in and give them a safe place to mature. There was someone who weed eated around the property, and there were times he would trim the milkweeds along the roadway... the hr lady was rightfully upset about that. <3 She worked so hard to help many survive.
My gran always said that a weed was simply a wonderful plant growing in an inconvenient spot!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 Congrats on the house!!! Are you moving locations or staying in Texas? Cannot wait to hear all about it.

Sorry about the delay on the shoulder and the vacation. I believe your friends is right. My in-person graduation was supposed to be rescheduled for fall, but I don't think it will be happening anytime soon. Hang in there. I know traveling is really important to you. Stay safe and healthy, and there will be many, many more to come. :heartshape:
Thank you!! It's still in the Dallas area but further north away from work. Lots of traffic here so 20 miles from work is a big deal. Buuut we are going to be WFH everyday for the rest of the year at the very least. And I was already wfh 2/week anyway so I'm hoping they will permanently increase that since more and more people seem to like wfh. So I'll just deal with the consequences later haha. I am really going to miss our current apartment though. I have never been so comfortable in my life. They have a lap pool too that I've been using this summer (just using my kickboard since bad shoulder but still a good workout!). And concrete walls for reduced noise...ah. Oh but the new place! It's in a really nice busy suburb with all the yummy restaurants. It's a more walking friendly area compared to where we live. Right now when we walk we're just walking by taller buildings and a bunch of cars. The new place is 3bd 2ba and 1600 sqft. So it's a little more space than now at 1300 sqft but still a manageable size. We are not good at cleaning! It also hardly has yards pace which is good for us, because less maintenance! It hasn't really been updated at all but that's why I can manage to buy it!

So yeah I really love my living situation right now but I guess I want to see if this "building equity" stuff is worth it. And I am still planning on pursuing full remote jobs in my organization so I can get out of Texas one day. I just don't think it's a bad idea to buy here and later rent it out if needed since people are still constantly moving here everyday. Especially with more companies going remote people are going to have the freedom to find cheaper areas to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.