The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Lilah was up on the couch with Jon last night for a short time. He said he used treats to lure her up there.. he was so happy laying down with her sitting in front of him while he rubbed her chin and she was purring away-Bee was asleep on our bed on her blanket while I watched the evening news...each of us has a cuddly kitty.:hyper:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother is studying agroecology. One of his recent projects is growing ancient grains, and he's also gotten into baking. I found a book full of bread recipes using ancient grains and alternative flours. He's going to love it!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I told you. I can tell you're awesome just from a forum. He knew it instantly.
Aww, thank you! ☺

He already exceeded my very low expectations because I always assume people will be lazy and just text. I hate texting sometimes. So the fact that he took the effort to dial my number/call me says a lot.

Can't wait to get to know him and see what he's all about. It feels so surreal after all these years of passing him and saying nothing.

Unfortunately, it went to voicemail so I'll have to call him back tomorrow. He referenced something I wrote on the card in the voicemail and I laughed. I already like him.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Good luck on your date Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily !

YEsterday Jon had the monster out of her bedroom and Bee was up in her apartment-but then ran down the tree when I came in cause she wanted to go out-it was 20 out so let her go out-she never stays long because she sits and shivers-so let her swish her tail and walk around the porch while unloaded groceries then the brat ran out back under the deck and we played chase the cat for about 5 minutes. I gave up, went into the house, grab the treat bag=crinkle crinkle! Guess who comes running? :lol2: A fuzzy Orange/red long hair kitty! So of course I scooped her up in my arms (she LOVES to be carried) and put her on top of the dryer/washer and fed her treats while Lilah was walking around giving meows and dirty looks at kitty.

I scooped up Bee with her blanket and off to the master bedroom to snuggle-Lilah kept pushing her face into the vent in the door so had to make a blocker so Bee wouldn't see her=she gets mad and glares. She then calmed down, made biscuits on my new robe and passed out..we were in there for 3 hours or so..she was sleeping so deep that she was snoring..got some pictures of her mouth open too the cutie pie...

I still haven't heard from the lady who wants to adopt Lilah=they are on vacation. I asked that we hold off until after Christmas only cause I just bought food and stuff for her-plus I want to do a meet/greet and see how the house is set up-they have 2 older dogs but claim the dogs are in different parts of the house=so once I meet with her-will see what my gut feeling is...I know I should stick it out but Bee is STILL hiding/scared of Lilah-and by Christmas it will be 3 months-at the most at least I get to meet another animal lover and maybe find her a cat from the hundreds on Facebook looking for homes..Jon is absolutely in love with Lilah but it's stressful with not enough room to allow both to roam..at least new kitty seems content to sleep the day away in her tree or on the bed so Bee has free range of the living room=but I want to see how things go before I say NO. I am guessing my gut feeling will be maybe not but ya know it never hurts to meet and see if they click and who knows? Maybe another cat will make their way to my house-I need another submissive kitty like Pumps but Lilah is definitely NOT submissive.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Not great.

He said he didn't want to lead me on because he wants to patch things up with his ex-girlfriend. And when I brought up the idea of us getting to know each other better, he told me that he's too busy and wants to "focus on his own endeavors".

He thanked me for my kindness but basically said, "Goodbye".

So, now I feel really stupid because even though my expectations were low, I was still taken aback by the way he treated me and that made me feel something for him. But nothing is going to happen so it's over.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not great.

He said he didn't want to lead me on because he wants to patch things up with his ex-girlfriend. And when I brought up the idea of us getting to know each other better, he told me that he's too busy and wants to "focus on his own endeavors".

So, now I feel really stupid because even though my expectations were low, I was still taken aback by the way he treated me and that made me feel something for him. But nothing is going to happen so it's over.
I'm sorry :hugs:

I wish people could be more straightforward with each other.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Not great....
So, now I feel really stupid ...
no no no...
Do not feel stupid. :nono:

There may have only ever been a 50/50 chance, but there was absolutely NO chance if you had done nothing.

It's okay if things don't work out the way you might hope.

It's like auditions. Not every actor is right for every role. An actor often auditions hundreds of times before landing a decent role. The trick to auditioning is going in and doing your best, yet without expectations.

Stay positive. Keep trying. Eventually, you'll land one. :redheartpump:

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I know how men feel pursuing women. It's exhausting.

I'll get over this eventually. Just need time I guess. Yet another fun story added to my list of misadventures.

One thing I can say though, he needs to set boundaries for himself. He does seem like a genuinely nice person but you can't do that to everyone, especially when you have another lady on your mind. You'll unintentionally lead others on. And things can get messy that way.

I hope his "future endeavors" and worth it. I hope this girl that has him so tied up is worth it. And I hope he manages that busy schedule well that he said he has.

But gone are the days I let other people get to me and determine my worth for me. I know that I'm worth it. Just gotta find someone who thinks the same too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.