The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
A woman I know indirectly posted a video of her naked 4 year old son to her Instagram story and I am disgusted beyond belief. I want to know what her thought process was leading up to hitting send. Surely, this can't be okay, right? I mean, some people won't even post pictures of their kids faces to social media but their whole naked body? Baby or not. I don't care how old your kid is, I don't want to see them naked.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Been trying to find someone willing to work the first half of my shift on Thanksgiving and finally did only to be told she is not allowed down in ED yet due to her unprofessional behavior (swearing constantly, is really loud and tends to over-share). So now I'm back where I started. I'm going to ask another co-worker but I don't have much hope. I just wanted one nice, non-rushed Thanksgiving for once. Here's to hoping morning girl wants some overtime and doesn't have plans, I guess...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was a home video on the tv show America's Funniest Home Videos years ago where there was a naked child sleeping oddly suspended between the edge of the sofa and coffee table. The person taking the video (I'm assuming a parent) could be heard giggling in the background. The show audience thought the video was hilarious :rolleyes3: The child obviously didn't give permission to be video taped naked and for the video to be shown on a national tv show.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 , I have had tremendous success using Ancestry DNA matches to find family tree information I was stuck on for the forty some years I had been researching. It not only confirmed who my dad’s biological father was but also connected me to his other grandchildren. On this side I am white, Native American and African American that I can trace to the American revolution,

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry. I can't and don't want to imagine what your sister is going through right now. Giver her my condolences.
I am stunned and speechless.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not handling this well. I've lost people before. People I was close to. Family. But never a child. It's not right. It's not the way the world goes. It feels like everything should stop with him. I see happy posts on Facebook. Happy people walk by my window. I just want to scream at them because no one should be happy right now because Shane is gone. But that's ridiculous and unreasonable. I can't expect the world to stop spinning, even though it feels like it should.
Even when we got that awful news the other day, I don't think I really believed that we would or could lose him. It makes no sense. This is wrong and the world is wrong and nothing is ok.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not handling this well. I've lost people before. People I was close to. Family. But never a child. It's not right. It's not the way the world goes. It feels like everything should stop with him. I see happy posts on Facebook. Happy people walk by my window. I just want to scream at them because no one should be happy right now because Shane is gone. But that's ridiculous and unreasonable. I can't expect the world to stop spinning, even though it feels like it should.
Even when we got that awful news the other day, I don't think I really believed that we would or could lose him. It makes no sense. This is wrong and the world is wrong and nothing is ok.
I'm so sorry. I wish there were words I could say that will comfort you but no matter how they are arranged in a sentence, I don't think I could ever considering how terrible this situation has been for you and your family.

We are all here for you 100%, never doubt that. If there is anyone on here in particular that you are close to, maybe message them privately. Perhaps they could give you a call if you don't mind exchanging numbers or talking on the phone.

I don't know. I'm really sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.