The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy caught another (or the same, who knows) mouse last night. This one was out for blood. It had no time to play dead like the last one and was probably swearing up a storm in mouse speak. It also tried to nip Teddy's toes.

In the end I put a grooming glove on and caught it myself and then tossed it outside like I did the first mouse.

And also like the first mouse, instead of gently landing on the ground as intended, it hit the hood of my mom's car, bounced off, and then landed on the ground...

Feel kinda bad, but at the same time I kinda died laughing at the fact the same thing happened twice.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a new up and coming trend in weddings.... marijuana weddings 😮

[/URL][/URL]

Would you attend such a wedding if you knew about the CBD / marijuana / cannabis / other similar products? What if you didn't know but found out afterwards, perhaps unknowingly consumed a CBD infused cake or something and had a medical reaction?

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, boy. I'm getting tired of that stuff up here in Canada. Now that it's legal, you can find it in almost anything because suddenly it feels less taboo. I went to a grocery store the other day and they are selling shampoo and conditioner infused with canabis.
20191111_201338.jpg

20191020_173242.jpg

It depends on the person who's wedding I would be attending. But personally, it feels a bit too over the top for me. I would also want that information disclosed to me before I consume any food. "By the way, there's marijuana in the cake guys!" No, Rachael... you should have told me that before I inhaled my piece of cake. Now, I'm on the 3rd piece and I can't stop eating. Smh.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CBD wouldn't bother me.

I've heard you have to be careful about THC edibles though, because they take a while to kick in so you can get overly high before you start feeling it. So it's probably not a good idea to just set inexperienced people loose on THC-containing items.

But that's not going to be legal in this state for a long time :/.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
CBD wouldn't bother me.

I've heard you have to be careful about THC edibles though, because they take a while to kick in so you can get overly high before you start feeling it. So it's probably not a good idea to just set inexperienced people loose on THC-containing items.

But that's not going to be legal in this state for a long time :/.
Yup. I know a couple who took THC edibles in the form of gummy bears I think or cookies and they were severely disorientated for 8+ hours.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The problem is not just the legality of it - even where it's legal, there are jobs that won't allow you to consume. If you were like a firefighter/paramedic and didn't know about it an consumed, you could lose your job. So if you were going to do something like that you'd have to disclose it ahead of time and expect that there would be people who would decline.

But that's kind of like a destination wedding - if it's important to you, you do you, but don't expect you'll have everyone you want be able to make it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What if a couple has a CBD / marijuana / cannabis / similar product wedding but doesn't disclose it to the guests until after the event, if at all? 😮 You know there are people who are like that. If guests end up ill or get into an accident going home afterwards because they become disoriented or something, can the newly married couple be held liable? :think:

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting things mixed up because when someone mentions canabis, my mind immediately think THC not CBD. Perhaps it's because that's the part of it that's most talked about.

CBD probably won't do anything depending on the ratio of THC to CBD but I'm thinking this would be a wedding where everyone gets high to some degree... If it's just CBD, what would be the point in adding it to my food? Is it going to do something to me internally? This is what I'm considering. If there is no purpose for it then, what's the point of adding it?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's just CBD, what would be the point in adding it to my food? Is it going to do something to me internally?
Some say it's good for arthritis, or anxiety. Results seem to vary by person.

It's just that LTS3 said "CBD wedding", but I assume they mean a marijuana wedding.

I liked the part in the article where it said they calculated that 1/15 of a gram of weed gives the same effect as one glass of wine :D. I want to know who calculated that, lol.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise

It's just that LTS3 said "CBD wedding", but I assume they mean a marijuana wedding.

I liked the part in the article where it said they calculated that 1/15 of a gram of weed gives the same effect as one glass of wine :D. I want to know who calculated that, lol.
Uhh, yeah... I'll take the glass of wine, thanks. 🍷

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Connor must have spent about 4 hours outside in the cold and snow tonight. A few minutes ago, we heard a strange noise at the window. It was him. The door hasn't been opened since about 7 when we got our domino's delivery. His poor tail is caked in ice.
We didn't know he was missing. They're usually all napping in the evening. I feel horrible.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Connor must have spent about 4 hours outside in the cold and snow tonight. A few minutes ago, we heard a strange noise at the window. It was him. The door hasn't been opened since about 7 when we got our domino's delivery. His poor tail is caked in ice.
We didn't know he was missing. They're usually all napping in the evening. I feel horrible.
Awwww....poor guy. Bet he was glad to get in! It happens. Cal sneaks by me when I am placing dirty cat litter in the can on the deck.
Then I hear her scratching on the slider.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a new up and coming trend in weddings.... CBD / marijuana weddings 😮

[/URL]

Would you attend such a wedding if you knew about the CBD / marijuana? What if you didn't know but found out afterwards, perhaps unknowingly consumed a CBD infused cake or something and had a medical reaction?
I may attend but I wouldn't consume anything. I'd bring a Coke and crackers and keep them in my handbag.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister called with horrible news. Shane's tumor is growing again. They're not doing the next surgery - they've been trying to fuse the bones that were eaten away by the tumor - and starting radiation right away. If it doesn't start shrinking the tumor, they say he has 2 months. And they said they can't completely get rid of it. They can just give him pills to slow the growth and prolong his life.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My sister called with horrible news. Shane's tumor is growing again. They're not doing the next surgery - they've been trying to fuse the bones that were eaten away by the tumor - and starting radiation right away. If it doesn't start shrinking the tumor, they say he has 2 months. And they said they can't completely get rid of it. They can just give him pills to slow the growth and prolong his life.
Oh, no! I had hoped that the last surgery would stop the growth. Hopefully, the radiation will stop it. He is in my thoughts often.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I have used the CBD. The CBD helps relax me, and keeps the pain and nausea from my colitis down. The cartridges are quite expensive, though

Since the vaping scare started, I have not bought cartridges anymore.
It also comes in edibles and subliminal drops.

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really getting discouraged by this program and I feel like dropping out.
No matter how I manage my time, I always end up staying up super late and this amount of sleep deprivation is starting to affect my mental and physical health. It is now 5am and I haven't gotten a wink of sleep. I've been up for almost 24 hours straight and will have to do at least another 12 - 16 hours because I have so many assignments to complete.
Maybe if I had no pets and no life outside of school, I could somewhat manage but that is not the case obviously.
Why does school have to be set up this way? Why is lack of sleep glorified in post secondary education so much. The teachers joke about it like it's a normal and healthy thing. Being so sleep deprived that your cognitive function starts to stagger and you almost get hit by a car you swore wasn't there a second ago is neither normal or healthy.

I'm really asking myself if all this stress is really worth it in the long run. Yeah, I'll graduate in 4 years but my health will suffer and I'm not even guaranteed a job. Especially being a female of colour. It just feels like all odds are against me.

Status
Not open for further replies.