The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look over by the meat. I've seen wing sauce in 3 different places-- the condiments aisle, up by the deli, and over by the meat.
I found it today - with the steak and barbecue sauces. Durkee's is really closer to a sandwich/salad dressing, and that's where they usually put it. But you're right. I looked for Old Bay Seasoning for months in the spice aisle, and finally found it with the fresh seafood. Who would have thunk it?

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I got up very early this morning to try to get Fayola into the carrier for her appointment this morning for the growth on her ear and she would not get in it. She wouldn't even let me touch her. So, I had to cancel the appointment because we wouldn't be able to reach the clinic on time and I don't know what is wrong with me but I'm furious. I have no other time to take her and today was the only day I could spare some time because I'm extremely busy. I tried throwing a towel over her, I tried catnip, I tried leaving the carrier out, I tried putting food inside, all that. And she still wouldn't go into it. Now, I don't know when she will be able to see a vet for this thing on her ear. It's bleeding a lot now.

And everyone in my family works all the time, that is all they ever do so there is no one home to drive me or help out. I'm practically by myself most of the time. I think I'm probably just projecting because I don't know why missing the appointment is making me so upset to the point of crying.

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure cats have a "they're taking me to the vet" sense.
Definitely because I approached her like I always do but on this particular morning, she was not having it. I think she can read me because when she's unsure of something, she makes a lot of direct eye contact with me. I try to look away but it's too late.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily would an at-home vet visit work? Some of them can handle blood draws.

So, on my mind is that I know three totally unrelated people who have had completely wrong health diagnosis ( spelling for plural?) in the past two months.

One person even had to go through surgery only to find out no, there's no cancer there, no idea why they sent you into the operating room.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily
So, on my mind is that I know three totally unrelated people who have had completely wrong health diagnosis ( spelling for plural?) in the past two months.

One person even had to go through surgery only to find out no, there's no cancer there, no idea why they sent you into the operating room.
That's super scary! I've heard of that happening a lot. My niece got a filling for cavities she didn't have. They drilled into healthy teeth and now, she is having problems eating.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Thanks for the heads-up about Comcast. Fortunately we do not have Comcast, so I'm good. I find it annoying when the cable companies start fighting with tv channels. There was a huge fight between our cable company and The Weather Channel. TWC wanted more money and it got ridiculous. Same thing happened between the cable company and an ABC affiliate. It was all over FB and every time we turned the tv on to those channels, that was all we heard. It was frustrating.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom - Also, the thing on her ear completely dried up and fell off. I just went upstairs to check on her and it was on the bed and her ear looks a lot better. It looked like a keloid or a small skin tumor. I started putting coconut oil and vaseline on it a few days ago so I guess that helped? Still not sure what it could have been.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking about leaving my therapist. She has helped me with many things simply by being someone I can unload all the thoughts and feelings I never felt comfortable voicing, or even admitting to myself, but lately, I have reached a point in my life, where my progress feels stagnant. At the time, I was a struggling, miserable Christian and wanted guidance in that area of my life among other things, so I chose a Christian therapist in hopes she could help me.

In the end, I freed myself from the misery religion brought by finally admitting to myself that I identified more with Agnosticism. Because of this, I have found that my therapist acts more like a pastor than a therapist. Her solutions for my other mental health issues are God-heavy, and when they aren't, they feel like something a random unlicensed person would tell me to do. She has given me no helpful tools to help myself cope with my depression and anxiety. I find our conversations are always about God.

At the end of the day, did having someone to talk to help? Yeah. Do I now know how to deal with my anxiety and depression in a healthy way because of my therapist? No.

I want to discover who I am outside of religion. I have had religion shoved down my throat since the moment I was born. Even my homeschool books were all religious. It was never my choice to be a Christian because I was so sheltered from the world I didn't believe I had a choice to begin with. Then there was the fear. You'll go to hell for this and that, etc. It drove me to the point of suicide and self harm. I'm done. If I'm going to find "God" again, it will be a 100 percent my choice and I'm tired of talking in circles with my therapist.

I also need the money right now.

But I feel bad telling her any of this. I'm scared to not have anyone to unload the things I find difficult to admit anymore. What if I let her go and regret it? What if something else bad happens and I have no one I'm comfortable running to? I feel stuck. It's frustrating but I just don't feel like it's working anymore.

Anyway, in less depressing news, while they still barely drink, both of my boys have drank from their fountain. I honestly don't see them drink at all during the day and I wonder/hope they are doing so at night or just when I'm not looking.

I really wish they would drink more. Not sure what else to do to encourage it. They don't like soupy pate so adding water to that wouldn't work. Adding water to their shreds is fine because it has a lot of broth to begin with. Maybe they'd like that green tripe hydration booster from Feline Natural...🤔

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also regret splitting a tin of sardines between the boys because Finny took the stinkiest and biggest dump of his life 🤣 I thought it would be a nice Monday night treat. Well wasn't a treat for me come this morning lol

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking about leaving my therapist. She has helped me with many things simply by being someone I can unload all the thoughts and feelings I never felt comfortable voicing, or even admitting to myself, but lately, I have reached a point in my life, where my progress feels stagnant. At the time, I was a struggling, miserable Christian and wanted guidance in that area of my life among other things, so I chose a Christian therapist in hopes she could help me.

In the end, I freed myself from the misery religion brought by finally admitting to myself that I identified more with Agnosticism. Because of this, I have found that my therapist acts more like a pastor than a therapist. Her solutions for my other mental health issues are God-heavy, and when they aren't, they feel like something a random unlicensed person would tell me to do. She has given me no helpful tools to help myself cope with my depression and anxiety. I find our conversations are always about God.

At the end of the day, did having someone to talk to help? Yeah. Do I now know how to deal with my anxiety and depression in a healthy way because of my therapist? No.

I want to discover who I am outside of religion. I have had religion shoved down my throat since the moment I was born. Even my homeschool books were all religious. It was never my choice to be a Christian because I was so sheltered from the world I didn't believe I had a choice to begin with. Then there was the fear. You'll go to hell for this and that, etc. It drove me to the point of suicide and self harm. I'm done. If I'm going to find "God" again, it will be a 100 percent my choice and I'm tired of talking in circles with my therapist.

I also need the money right now.

But I feel bad telling her any of this. I'm scared to not have anyone to unload the things I find difficult to admit anymore. What if I let her go and regret it? What if something else bad happens and I have no one I'm comfortable running to? I feel stuck. It's frustrating but I just don't feel like it's working anymore.

Anyway, in less depressing news, while they still barely drink, both of my boys have drank from their fountain. I honestly don't see them drink at all during the day and I wonder/hope they are doing so at night or just when I'm not looking.

I really wish they would drink more. Not sure what else to do to encourage it. They don't like soupy pate so adding water to that wouldn't work. Adding water to their shreds is fine because it has a lot of broth to begin with. Maybe they'd like that green tripe hydration booster from Feline Natural...🤔
Don't go back to the therapist. You don't need to have a reason. Just tell her you would like a break and don't criticize. If something else should come up, you can always call her again.

I would recommend a therapist who isn't associated with religion, but if you need the money, just take a break.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't go back to the therapist. You don't need to have a reason. Just tell her you would like a break and don't criticize. If something else should come up, you can always call her again.

I would recommend a therapist who isn't associated with religion, but if you need the money, just take a break.
Yeah I guess I could just tell her I need a break. And I agree, I don't think I should see a religious therapist anymore. I don't think that's what I need at this point in my life. Thanks :salam:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
WooHoo Good for you!!!

What's on my mind is that I'm wondering if the Nationals are going to win tonight... :crossfingers:
Did they?

I somehow managed to contract another sinus infection. My last one was only a few weeks ago and I'm currently in bed as I type this because this is all I have the strength to do.

It has turned into a full blown cold like it always does and the timing is so terrible because it's reading week and I'm supposed to be working on my assignments due for next week. I have so much to do and this is a giant waste of time. 😠

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really annoyed with my in-laws tonight. We told them we needed a sitter for a couple of hours today because we just needed a break. We called MIL and aunt-in-law. They said they could watch him from 6pm - 8pm. We try to get him in bed at 9pm, so that works. When we drop him off, I ask aunt if MIL told her our news. She rolled her eyes, kinda half scowled and said, "Yeah, you've got another one coming." Wow. So, anyway, I just let it go because I don't need her approval. Well, at 6:30 she calls and says they're having trouble keeping Aedan awake. Ok, he didn't get a great nap today. Something kept waking him up; a phone call, a knock on the door, maintenance mowing the grass. So we say, "Well, let him nap for 30 minutes, but then wake him up or he'll be up all night. We go to pick him up at 8. He's still asleep. It's now almost 1am and he's still going strong. John had to go to bed hours ago because he has to be at work at 6am. I'm exhausted. I'm barely keeping my eyes open. Ugh! Why couldn't they do as we asked???

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I've seen a lot of those on Amazon, actually. It would probably be cheaper on there because I have Prime. I wish I could get those wall perches. Teddy would go nuts because he's a tree dweller as Jackson Galaxy would say. Maybe the next house will have enough space for something like that.
Searched for this for quite awhile, because in case you haven't gotten a perch yet, there's a sale on these: Deluxe Cat Window Perch - 50% OFF - LOW STOCK! and this is the style of one of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.