The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 When I was working, I remember a craze for special lollipops which helped eased the nausea associated with pregnancy. I think they may have been a ginger based one with different flavors.. or something else.

I think it was on-line ordering...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester and all other Outlander Fans who have Comcast Cable.

I do not know if you are aware of it or not: Outlander returns in January.

Comcast has decided NOT to renew it's contract with STARZ... which means no Outlander for all their cable subscribers. This change is supposed to take affect Dec 10..

Comcast has already eliminated TCM from most of their service plans; lumping it with their high priced Sports Plan.. Why??? for greed..

They say that people only watch it 3 or 4 times a month, so it there is no monetary incentive to allow ti to be on the lower priced plans.. Does not make sense... you are paying for the package, not matter what!!! and they say, less than 30 % of people watch it... GREED!!!

They did this very sneakily the beginning of this month!!! ridiculous!!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the boys had no interest in the raw food. I added a drop of their fish oil to encourage at least a taste and even after giving their little portions a lick, still no interest lol not sure if it was just the brand or the texture or maybe lack of flavor, but I might try rehydrated freeze dried next. If they still don't like it, then I'm pretty content with the brands they are eating now. Still would love it if they'd eat raw, though.
When I used to feed raw and was introducing it to the cats for the first time, I started with chicken liver. Why? Because it was easy to hide in their wet food and it had a strong odor they seemed to like. After a few successful feedings with very small amounts of fine cut chicken liver, I moved on to other organ meats and then eventually, to muscle meat. The entire process from tiny pieces of chicken liver to a full plate of raw meat only took about 7 - 9 months. And even then, there were some days when they'd refused the raw meat. It took a lot of trial and error.

So, what I'm trying to say is, you have to keep trying if you want to incorporate a bit of raw into their diet and see what they like best.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
You can get Starz through fire stick from Amazon and get rid of cable bill.

I was lazy yesterday and laid in bed petting a cat all day long. Lilah is such a cuddle bug..I was watching a series that most people hate watching but it's been helping me motivate to declutter my home..Hoarders...I like to hear the psychology behind this disorder and the stories of each person's loss-seems a theme in most of these stories=major loss kick started chaos.
Saturday I started attacking the office that's been put off for a year-I managed to fill the car with bags and boxes of stuff I don't need anymore. Gave away the cat stuff we don't use-some lady stopped by to pick up these items and some other stuff I had shoved under the desk for the past 6 years...I still have a long way to go- I need to make a decision about the books in there or try to fit another book case in the library and set up the books on that-right now that area is piles of boxes-I would like to get rid of the boxes=install the book case in there and put a bed in the office...just takes forever to move stuff around as there's not much room. I have plenty of boxes to temporarily move the stuff into-the problem is I get overwhelmed then pile the boxes in a corner and run away for a year...I have several people who will be taking the furniture in the office if I decide to move it out, just a matter of making decisions on it-which sucks....I have always stuggled with clutter. It's not that I need it to be happy=but that there's memories attached to these items or it could be something I could use...but it's getting easier to let things go the older I get...

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get Starz through fire stick from Amazon and get rid of cable bill.

I was lazy yesterday and laid in bed petting a cat all day long. Lilah is such a cuddle bug..I was watching a series that most people hate watching but it's been helping me motivate to declutter my home..Hoarders...I like to hear the psychology behind this disorder and the stories of each person's loss-seems a theme in most of these stories=major loss kick started chaos.
Saturday I started attacking the office that's been put off for a year-I managed to fill the car with bags and boxes of stuff I don't need anymore. Gave away the cat stuff we don't use-some lady stopped by to pick up these items and some other stuff I had shoved under the desk for the past 6 years...I still have a long way to go- I need to make a decision about the books in there or try to fit another book case in the library and set up the books on that-right now that area is piles of boxes-I would like to get rid of the boxes=install the book case in there and put a bed in the office...just takes forever to move stuff around as there's not much room. I have plenty of boxes to temporarily move the stuff into-the problem is I get overwhelmed then pile the boxes in a corner and run away for a year...I have several people who will be taking the furniture in the office if I decide to move it out, just a matter of making decisions on it-which sucks....I have always stuggled with clutter. It's not that I need it to be happy=but that there's memories attached to these items or it could be something I could use...but it's getting easier to let things go the older I get...
The AAUW usually has a used book sale every year and depends on donations. Can you find out if there is one near you? I've taken lots of books to them.

I understand about the clutter. My parents saved everything - in fact they were minor hoarders, too, so now I have a basement like your office. Some things are real family history artifacts, but mostly it's junk. I used to think it was valuable because it was so old, but I've gotten over that. Nobody is going to sit down and read those old letters. A year trying to sell it on eBay convinced me no one wanted it.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
The AAUW usually has a used book sale every year and depends on donations. Can you find out if there is one near you? I've taken lots of books to them.

I understand about the clutter. My parents saved everything - in fact they were minor hoarders, too, so now I have a basement like your office. Some things are real family history artifacts, but mostly it's junk. I used to think it was valuable because it was so old, but I've gotten over that. Nobody is going to sit down and read those old letters. A year trying to sell it on eBay convinced me no one wanted it.
I've got lots of places around me who take books...so I bring a bag to each place whenever I am in the area. Yes some of it was packed away from when I used to do the flea market and when I lived in the prior home 16 years ago. It's just time to get rid of it..in the meantime Lilah has turned into quite the side hip cat. She laided in bed with me all Sunday wanting me to curl around her and pet her. She likes to be warm and prefers the blankets on her. Bee was put in this room for about 90 minutes but without Lilah of course..Bee growled for 5 minutes straigt...she really hates the new cat cause new kitty chased her several times and tried to swat her...right now it will be Christmas before the bedroom door stays completely open..

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 When I was working, I remember a craze for special lollipops which helped eased the nausea associated with pregnancy. I think they may have been a ginger based one with different flavors.. or something else.

I think it was on-line ordering...
They're called Prego Pops. I had some of the drops with Aedan - just the prego pops without the stick. I still had a whole container left over, but I can't figure out where I stuck it. It's in a random cabinet somewhere. I may give up and just order some more. They helped a little bit, sometimes. Which is better than nothing.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hy-Vee should have ginger candies. Usually not in the candy aisle though. If they have a separate health food section (some Hy-Vees have health foods integrated, some have a separate section), look there, or near the bulk foods, maybe the international foods section (because ginger candies are usually British)? Sometimes it can be hard to figure out how they classify some things, lol.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sure is. I like Durkee's Special Sauce, which is a mustard blend. But is it with the mayo, the mustard, or the Worcestershire sauces? And bath cups - are they in the paper/bathroom aisle or with the paper plates, etc.?

I'm headed to the store, and so far, I can't find Durkee's in three trips. I had a hard time finding Zante raisins, too, and finally asked. They didn't have them. (They do now.) I found the cups on the third trip in the paper plate aisle.

:flail:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I used to feed raw and was introducing it to the cats for the first time, I started with chicken liver. Why? Because it was easy to hide in their wet food and it had a strong odor they seemed to like. After a few successful feedings with very small amounts of fine cut chicken liver, I moved on to other organ meats and then eventually, to muscle meat. The entire process from tiny pieces of chicken liver to a full plate of raw meat only took about 7 - 9 months. And even then, there were some days when they'd refused the raw meat. It took a lot of trial and error.

So, what I'm trying to say is, you have to keep trying if you want to incorporate a bit of raw into their diet and see what they like best.
Guess I didn't think I'd have to go about it like I did with their dry food. Thanks for the tip!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, my OB did call in a nausea medication for me. My insurance wouldn't fill it. They just said, "no." Didn't give a reason. John tried to pick it up when he got off work around 7 and found out, so it was too late to deal with it. The pharmacy is going to call my insurance tomorrow and try to figure out what's going on. So frustrating!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.