The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Haven't been here for a while because of the move but I am now in my permanent quarters although a long way from settled in. The garage is still full of boxes, my dining table is still in pieces with the chairs in some boxes buried somewhere so I am eating off my card table which is half stacked with stuff that eventually will be on shelves in the garage etc etc. But I'm sleeping in my own bed, internet and TV is up since yesterday afternoon and the kitties are happy with all that room. There is NO CARPET anywhere but engineered and laminate flooring, oh joy! My rugs need to be cleaned before I put them down and so do my two small white easy chairs.
I donated my huge chair and the corner sofa as I had been sick of all that beige and caught a promotional sale of Lovesacs at Costco and ordered enough pieces to make a 3-seater sofa in a darkish blue velvet. The kicker was that I got a huge bonus: one extra unit, 3 real wood tables, 4 pillows, 2 foot sacks, what they call a Citysac with matching ottoman, these in a furry fabric they call phurr and a goldenish animal print. You have to look up Lovesac to know what I am talking about and the whole package was just over half of what I usually would have paid for just the 3 pieces to make a sofa so how could I resist? I needed a sofa anyway and I wanted a good sturdy one, this one I can take all the covers off and machine wash them which is great as some cat sooner or later will barf on it.
If you are just starting out and need some good living room furniture that is neutral, will take abuse and where you can not only was the covers but eventually buy new, different ones then I recommend these and no I don't own stock there and I am not employed there and I don't get a commission, I just think this is he best thing to come along in a long while and wish I had known about it way back when, they've been in business for 20 years, who knew?
Well, back to unpacking more boxes.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate it when someone you hate has likable aspects to their personality. My boss is a garbage human being, but he's also funny, and a good story teller. I have to remind myself he's a manipulative sleeze ball every time I talk to him because he can make me almost forget.

Today at work a 5 month old came in unresponsive and lethargic. Turns out her grandmother gave her marijuana...like wtf. Poor kid got high for the first time before she's even out of diapers.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please tell me they'll charge the idiot grandmother and never, never, ever let her have unsupervised visits again until she seeks the mental health help she absolutely needs. &*&^% what the foo.
I'm just the housekeeper. Unfortunately I don't get to find out what happens after I leave, or in her case, when the patient leaves (she was transferred by ambulance to another hospital) :/ but if it wasn't an accident (from what I got I don't think it was honestly) I hope the same. It's messed up.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stinks - never knowing if everything is okay.

People here argued about the sale of medicinal / recreation weed in the form of gummies. Trying to explain that kids see them as candy and WILL eat them seems to fall on deaf ears. I have no issue (none for either reason) with the above ... but be a grown up... there is no need to cute it up and make it dangerous for wee ones. IMHO.

Last edited:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That stinks - never knowing if everything is okay.

People here argued about the sale of medicinal / recreation weed in the form of gummies. Trying to explain that kids see them as candy and WILL eat them seems to fall on deaf ears. I have no issue (none for either reason) with the above ... but be a grown up... there is no need to cute it up and make it dangerous for wee ones. IMHO.
Yeah, it can suck sometimes. I'm still wondering if this little 1yr old boy survived. He came in unresponsive and was eventually transferred. I left before he did, though. I think they were waiting until he was more stable, but listening to his dad sobbing and begging "c'mon buddy" will forever be seared into my brain. I almost cried when the boy started making noises, especially hearing the relief in his dad's voice. Most of the time I'm not affected by things that happen at work, like death, but that one got me.

The 5-month-old girl was thankfully crying and fussing not long after she was brought in, and I noticed she had a nice flush to her cheeks when EMS loaded her up, so I don't think she was in too bad of condition. She wasn't limp and pale. I hope she is on the road to recovery and is doing well.

I have no issues with weed or people who smoke/eat it, but you have to be responsible with it. I really have no idea how the baby ingested the marijuana, or why the grandmother gave her it. My guess is the baby was fussing and the grandmother thought it would chill her out. Idk. It's messed up no matter what the reason.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't been here for a while because of the move but I am now in my permanent quarters although a long way from settled in. The garage is still full of boxes, my dining table is still in pieces with the chairs in some boxes buried somewhere so I am eating off my card table which is half stacked with stuff that eventually will be on shelves in the garage etc etc. But I'm sleeping in my own bed, internet and TV is up since yesterday afternoon and the kitties are happy with all that room. There is NO CARPET anywhere but engineered and laminate flooring, oh joy! My rugs need to be cleaned before I put them down and so do my two small white easy chairs.
I donated my huge chair and the corner sofa as I had been sick of all that beige and caught a promotional sale of Lovesacs at Costco and ordered enough pieces to make a 3-seater sofa in a darkish blue velvet. The kicker was that I got a huge bonus: one extra unit, 3 real wood tables, 4 pillows, 2 foot sacks, what they call a Citysac with matching ottoman, these in a furry fabric they call phurr and a goldenish animal print. You have to look up Lovesac to know what I am talking about and the whole package was just over half of what I usually would have paid for just the 3 pieces to make a sofa so how could I resist? I needed a sofa anyway and I wanted a good sturdy one, this one I can take all the covers off and machine wash them which is great as some cat sooner or later will barf on it.
If you are just starting out and need some good living room furniture that is neutral, will take abuse and where you can not only was the covers but eventually buy new, different ones then I recommend these and no I don't own stock there and I am not employed there and I don't get a commission, I just think this is he best thing to come along in a long while and wish I had known about it way back when, they've been in business for 20 years, who knew?
Well, back to unpacking more boxes.
Good to see you back!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed that a lot of people from my generation don't eat breakfast. I don't either. I do eat breakfast foods sometimes for lunch or dinner.
It's important for me to have somehing in the morning because I take medication but even if you don't it's
a good idea.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed that a lot of people from my generation don't eat breakfast. I don't either. I do eat breakfast foods sometimes for lunch or dinner.
I have noticed that a lot of people from my generation do eat breakfast. My mother always made sure we ate before going to school. I am eating breakfast right now. V8 juice and toast.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Yeah, it can suck sometimes. I'm still wondering if this little 1yr old boy survived. He came in unresponsive and was eventually transferred. I left before he did, though. I think they were waiting until he was more stable, but listening to his dad sobbing and begging "c'mon buddy" will forever be seared into my brain. I almost cried when the boy started making noises, especially hearing the relief in his dad's voice. Most of the time I'm not affected by things that happen at work, like death, but that one got me.

The 5-month-old girl was thankfully crying and fussing not long after she was brought in, and I noticed she had a nice flush to her cheeks when EMS loaded her up, so I don't think she was in too bad of condition. She wasn't limp and pale. I hope she is on the road to recovery and is doing well.

I have no issues with weed or people who smoke/eat it, but you have to be responsible with it. I really have no idea how the baby ingested the marijuana, or why the grandmother gave her it. My guess is the baby was fussing and the grandmother thought it would chill her out. Idk. It's messed up no matter what the reason.
We have this same issue with certain medications...one drug maker pulled their sublingual tablets off the market and changed it to be a sublingual strip instead in foil packets because too many children were getting into these pills. due to them having a color and flavor to taste like candy...

It is parents who should be locking up these edibles and meds that look like candy.

Someone was talking about breakfast=I always eat breakfast..otherwise I turn into a snarling HANGRY beast :flail:I inherited this from my dad...Growing up mom never ate in the morning..she just wanted her coffee and a ciggie then leave her alone to wake up.. me I just want my breakfast and a diet coke and leave me alone to wake up :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Breakfast gives us fuel to get through the early part of the day and if we miss meals, the body goes into starvation mode. It ends up being counterproductive in terms of weight maintenance and just general health and wellbeing. I don't like to eat much in the morning, but I make myself do it -- 2 corn tortillas with some fake "cheese" plus a bowl of fruit, hopefully fresh but tinned will do if I don't have fresh, plus a small glass of fruit juice to take my vitamins with and a coffee. I used to just have that Carnation Instant Breakfast stuff before I discovered I'm lactose intolerant.

Show Me Your Kitties Show Me Your Kitties Yeah, I know about that kind of personality, unfortunately! I believe they say psychopaths or sociopaths have those aspects to their characters -- that's how they rope people in before they do their badness. I keep people like that at arm's length or better still, I don't deal with them at all if I can help it.

It would be interesting to know WHY the grandmother gave the kid that.

And yeah, the whole pharmaceutical industry is about getting as many people as possible on drugs. Turn on any commercial TV or radio station and over half the advertising is about Rx drugs. The pitch is definitely to the emotions and tells people to "ask your doctor about" such and such a drug. Why is this even necessary? People go to doctors to find out what's wrong, and then the doctor writes the scrips. Shouldn't be necessary to soft-sell drugs to the general public. There's only one reason why -- they're peddling them. They're pushers.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Show Me Your Kitties Show Me Your Kitties Yeah, I know about that kind of personality, unfortunately! I believe they say psychopaths or sociopaths have those aspects to their characters -- that's how they rope people in before they do their badness. I keep people like that at arm's length or better still, I don't deal with them at all if I can help it.

It would be interesting to know WHY the grandmother gave the kid that.
I wouldn't doubt it if he was a psychopath...I just hope he's not raising his daughter to be a mini version of himself. I wish I could keep him at arm's length but it can be hard to avoid him during times like these because we're so understaffed he has to come in to help out. He's not even good at his job, which is funny since he's been in this business for a very long time. Before we hired someone for the morning shift down in ED, he'd sometimes be there, and I'd have to clean up the messes he made :rolleyes:

Who knows what was going through that woman's head. I just hope she suffers the consequences of her actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.