The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't find the thread about M maggiedemi and her health. Has anyone heard from her?
Found it

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A few weeks ago I developed a new tic: eye-rolling. It can hurt after a while and it's also not the best thing to do while driving, especially at night, which is, of course, when my tics for some reason decide to get worse...

I hope it's temporary. Some of my tics come and go, while others are here for the long haul. This better not be one of those.

:frustrated:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Found it
Thank you!!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Lilah had a good appointment-she wasn't even really scared...she let the vet examine her-we got blood from her and clipped her nails. Got her booster shot for distemper cause it's been so long and her rabies shots. They said she was well behaved and only growled a bit when did her nails. She didn't meow at all on the way home..

When we got home-I left her in the cage on the living room floor to let Bee come over and sniff her-Bee was very interested in the kitty in the cage---until she got to the front of the cage-saw it was Lilah and shot off like the hounds of hell were on her... :flail: Lilah was looking out like what did I do??:dunno:

I left her down there for another 15 minutes..just to see if Bee would come back..nope...she was crouched down glaring at us 😂

So then move Lilah into the bedroom-she settled right back in like it was no big deal..fed her dinner-she ate and used the box...didn't hide or anything...she came up on the bed and I played with her with a wand toy which she absolutely loves..we played for about 30 minutes..All I had to do was lean back on the pillows and flip the thingy all over the place...I need to get a longer one.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Got the boys a fountain. It was marked down on Amazon to about 25 dollars. It has a 1-year free warranty (you have to sign up to get that I guess), a smart motor that will automatically shut off when water is too low, glows blue when full and red when it needs a refill. It has three settings. The one I have it on is basically completely silent. It's small and is pretty easy to clean. I'd say it's already better than the $119.95 fountain I bought a few weeks ago. That had a wonky spout and it was an absolute pain in the ass and expensive to return. It was also bigger than I thought.

My mom thinks a fountain will be a waste of money, but Finny always wants in the sink when I'm doing dishes so I think he at least would enjoy it. And if not I'll just send it back.

MVIMG_20191012_141010.jpg

So far the boys are napping so no idea what their reaction will be. Figures lol

Attachments

Last edited:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A fountain is definitely worth the money. My cats drink so much more than they used to. Is that sale still going on? I wouldn't mind upgrading.
If Finny is the only one who likes it I'd still consider that a win, but yeah, even though their diet is mostly wet food (I leave dry out for in-between meal munchies), I'd still like them to drink more and Finny only seems interested in the bowl when I flick my finger around in the water.

Yeah, it's still marked down:
Wonder Creature Pet Fountain

I can't give a full review since I just received it today, but hopefully, it doesn't break in a month or less. If the boys seem to like it, then I'll most likely sign up for that warranty. The fact it even has one makes me believe they have some confidence in their product.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got the boys a fountain. It was marked down on Amazon to about 25 dollars. It has a 1-year free warranty (you have to sign up to get that I guess), a smart motor that will automatically shut off when water is too low, glows blue when full and red when it needs a refill. It has three settings. The one I have it on is basically completely silent. It's small and is pretty easy to clean. I'd say it's already better than the $119.95 fountain I bought a few weeks ago. That had a wonky spout and it was an absolute pain in the ass and expensive to return. It was also bigger than I thought.

My mom thinks a fountain will be a waste of money, but Finny always wants in the sink when I'm doing dishes so I think he at least would enjoy it. And if not I'll just send it back.

View attachment 303225

So far the boys are napping so no idea what their reaction will be. Figures lol
Excellent buy, Show Me Your Kitties Show Me Your Kitties and I'm with you -- once they visit it, they'll be coming back often, I predict! That's a really great fountain and what a great price! :yess::clapcat:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Excellent buy, Show Me Your Kitties Show Me Your Kitties and I'm with you -- once they visit it, they'll be coming back often, I predict! That's a really great fountain and what a great price! :yess::clapcat:
So far Finny gave it a good examination but no attempts to drink yet. Teddy watched from afar like he was waiting to see if it was going to gobble his brother up lol No idea which setting will be the winner. I'm not a fan of the flower spout (like that Catit fountain) because there isn't much room to drink, but I'll probably give each attachment a trial run if the first doesn't go over well. I'm not expecting them to love it immediately. Some cats take weeks before they decide the fountain is not so bad after all lol

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one we currently have is the catit fountain. We use it without the flower attachment.

We bought it a few days before John found and rescued Mickey. Connor and Murphy wanted nothing to do with it. We brought Mickey in and he drank from it. Then Connor and Murphy became copy cats - literally. Since then, they've all used it with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.