The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fayola and Felix just got into a fight and there is blood from Felix getting hurt somehow. I think he broke a nail.

My mom won't want her in the house after this...

Went to check on Fayola and walked in to whatever this is...

What are these two doing?!
Looks like they're lounging and being friendly.
Why does she have to know?

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Why does she have to know?
I guess she just panicked because we went through years of Felix and Smokey fighting. My mom just doesn't want history to repeat itself.

But Fayola and Felix are now on the bed together which they have never done so what does this mean? I don't understand them.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another great thing a lot of people do for all perches is IKEA hacks. Get some of their shelves -- there are many styles, colors and finishes -- and put them up. You can customize them with carpet squares or glue thick felt, pillow, or cloth to them. The possibilities are endless!
If I was crafty or had the time to be that would be cool but buying one already made is easier lol right now I just want a window perch. I'll cross the bridge of wall shelves when I get to it.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to see Joker tonight. I will never get those 2 hours of my life back. It was so dull, I was fighting sleep. The last 20 minutes were good, but the rest of it was just plain awful. Don't pay theater prices for it.
Good to know. The trailers made it seems very intriguing. Maybe it would have been better as a short story instead of a full fledged movie.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I guess she just panicked because we went through years of Felix and Smokey fighting. My mom just doesn't want history to repeat itself.

But Fayola and Felix are now on the bed together which they have never done so what does this mean? I don't understand them.
The one at teh head of the bed=is she the alpha cat? The look she's giving the one at the foot of the bed is= don't you DARE touch me!

But if you can=can you seperate them in seperate rooms for a few hours?

I have the same situation in my house with the new kitty wanting to kill Bee and Bee absolutely terrorized. So I ended up locking new kitty into master bedroom suite and she seems ok with it-she sleeps in her cubby hole or on the bed, Bee seems more comfortable-we will keep them locked seperately for a week.

IF you have a glass jar and pennies-shake the jar/pennies when they fight-they normally don't like the noise. Or use a squirt bottle. I have had to squirt new kitty just to break it up. Another friend of mine uses a huge piece of cardboard to break the stare.

Feed the girls on opposite sides of the room for now-none of my cats ever got along but they peacefully existed but hissed at each other and Bee used to chase the other cats..so kind of funny to see her acting like a baby now that the same thing is happening to her...

The guy at work doesn't want her because of her age...sigh. I will put an add up on Petfinder. I really want her to be in her own home with someone who's home all the time...my dad doesn't want to take her-he hates cleaning a catbox..(rolls eyes)

I will keep asking around but it may be that we just keep them locked apart-kind of weird-I HATE closed doors in my house-because Bee usually digs at the door or tries to open the door=but this time-she hasn't even gone near the closed bedroom door...

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Felix is a boy... he is the bigger one. Not sure if he is more dominant. Fayola and him have similar personalities so she will fight back just as much as he will.

They aren't separated at the moment. They are getting along pretty okay all of a sudden but I will separate them when I leave for school.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they like treats? Feed them treats at each end of the bed- do this 2 times a day=cats like routine- feeding them seperate ends of the room and treats at seperate places=then after a few weeks-slowly bring the dishes/treat piles closer to each other-it takes a long time to get them to cohabit if they fight but eventually they will just ignore each other.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is day 4 of keeping Lilah seperate-this morning had a break through for BOTH cats.

Lilah was on the bed with Jon this morning-she rolled over on her back and let me rub her chest-I didn't push it-just a light rub up and down then tickle her ears like she likes..she was purring and reached up to grab my hand and gave it a washing..she's licking me alot more than before..

Then on the other side of the door-before I went in to stroke Lilah-Bee jumped off my lap-walked over to her food-she hasn't touched her food since Sunday-we feed her on a table-and she sat staring at the bedroom for about a minute. Ears were forward and she was interested in what was going on behind the door-I hadn't woken Jon yet so not sure if she heard new kitty meowing or just staring at the closed door-so far that's progress as she's been slinking along the floor in fear since Sunday.

I may keep Lilah in there until November. She doesn't seem to mind. She comes out of her closet cubby hole when I come in-climbs up on the bed to say hi and get treats. I won't give treats on the floor-I make her climb up. She's drank all her water in her dish-I put a second one-she doesn't touch it. I wonder if she's pre diabetic-she's urinating ALOT but her owner says she's always peed that much..Floey used to as well and Floey was chubby too.

I am undecided about blood work for Lilah tomorrow..the price has gone skyhigh to $140 for blood work...it used to be $85.

anyways thought it was refreshing to see some light...no one is attacking the door or trying to kill each other...they both ignoring each other but Lilah will put her face upto the vent in the door-you can see the floor on the other side of the door-I think that will work to help introductions.

By the way, Lilah isn't going to a shelter. I heard back from them all-they put them in a cage for 48 hours before they go to adoption. I will keep advertising for a good home with someone I know or someone who knows them-vet references are a must. If no one steps up, she will stay in the bedroom for however long it takes for her to stop attacking Bee.

But last night I took Bee's blanket in the bedroom-put it in Lilah's face-she sniffed it and rubbed her face on it-so have to get her a blanket and see if she too makes biscuits...she didn't get mad at smelling Bee...didn't have airplane ears or dialated eyes.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is day 4 of keeping Lilah seperate-this morning had a break through for BOTH cats.

Lilah was on the bed with Jon this morning-she rolled over on her back and let me rub her chest-I didn't push it-just a light rub up and down then tickle her ears like she likes..she was purring and reached up to grab my hand and gave it a washing..she's licking me alot more than before..

Then on the other side of the door-before I went in to stroke Lilah-Bee jumped off my lap-walked over to her food-she hasn't touched her food since Sunday-we feed her on a table-and she sat staring at the bedroom for about a minute. Ears were forward and she was interested in what was going on behind the door-I hadn't woken Jon yet so not sure if she heard new kitty meowing or just staring at the closed door-so far that's progress as she's been slinking along the floor in fear since Sunday.

I may keep Lilah in there until November. She doesn't seem to mind. She comes out of her closet cubby hole when I come in-climbs up on the bed to say hi and get treats. I won't give treats on the floor-I make her climb up. She's drank all her water in her dish-I put a second one-she doesn't touch it. I wonder if she's pre diabetic-she's urinating ALOT but her owner says she's always peed that much..Floey used to as well and Floey was chubby too.

I am undecided about blood work for Lilah tomorrow..the price has gone skyhigh to $140 for blood work...it used to be $85.

anyways thought it was refreshing to see some light...no one is attacking the door or trying to kill each other...they both ignoring each other but Lilah will put her face upto the vent in the door-you can see the floor on the other side of the door-I think that will work to help introductions.

By the way, Lilah isn't going to a shelter. I heard back from them all-they put them in a cage for 48 hours before they go to adoption. I will keep advertising for a good home with someone I know or someone who knows them-vet references are a must. If no one steps up, she will stay in the bedroom for however long it takes for her to stop attacking Bee.

But last night I took Bee's blanket in the bedroom-put it in Lilah's face-she sniffed it and rubbed her face on it-so have to get her a blanket and see if she too makes biscuits...she didn't get mad at smelling Bee...didn't have airplane ears or dialated eyes.
A very good report and so glad to read it!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Rushed out of the house so fast this morning that I forgot to separate the cats. But, when I came home, they were chilling upstairs. They sat beside each other and looked at me like, "Why are you panicking?!" Then went into their separate rooms and proceeded to sleep. Pardon me for thinking y'all were gonna kill each other while I wasn't home!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rushed out of the house so fast this morning that I forgot to separate the cats. But, when I came home, they were chilling upstairs. They sat beside each other and looked at me like, "Why are you panicking?!" Then went into their separate rooms and proceeded to sleep. Pardon me for thinking y'all were gonna kill each other while I wasn't home!
Yeah, they look quite chill in your most recent photo!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lilah was puking this morning :barf: added some different food to her dish of kibble-she ate it-then I gave her a different brand pate style=she refused to eat it. This morning there were 6 piles of puke-so I dumped the little kibble I had left-it's left over from another bag that we got at camp in August-so it's just a cup of kibble we use to feed bee as treats-I tossed it..Lilah was crying for her breakfast so I fed her the regular food she likes-this medley chunks with gravy-she ate it-then filled the kibble dish with a handful of Bee's Fiber response food=she immediately went to eat it-20 min afterwards no vomit-so not sure if she has a hairball or the other food made her puke? I brushed her for a long time last night. I slept in the bed-fitfully--she didn't stay up there with me-but was crawling into all these small spaces next to the bed-told Jon if he's got small bits/things to move them into snap shut lid containers=I don't know if she tried to eat anything-there's just papers and small things but no bite sizebits like nuts/bolts=we have to do this for Bee. Bee will eat anythign that's small on the floor...Lilah squished herself into this tight space behind the headboard lol. She makes more noise than a child! 😂😂😂

Bee was on the couch when I came out of the room=fed her that water miralax mix in a syringe. She REALLY loves drinking water out of the syringe=she lets me put it in the corner of her mouth and slowly push the plunger in and she drinks like a human...this cat is just the coolest cat. She got her puffs. Ate some food out of her dish thats in sight of the door where Lilah is. and not slinking around...but I am wondering why Lilah puked...I told Jon to text me an update every hour-just go in and look for piles of puke-I think she has what I call-sensitive stomach when go too long without eating-I often get this if I wait too long to eat and get pukey. So I bought a case of that canned food she likes..she gets half a can every 12 hours. I put down a whole can 2 days ago and she didn't finish it...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat glad to hear these updates about Lilah.

I think the change in food, combined with the shedding may have done contributed to the vomiting.

When I had Artie, I had to brush him daily; and noticed it was better to feed him several meals a day. He seemed to do better with that, instead of just a lot of food at once.
I am noticing the same with Geoffrey.

Geoffrey is shedding a ton of fur. I have heard from other people that their pets are shedding a ton also. This year seems to be more than usual. I think we are heading into a long cold, snow winter. Animals know this instinctively, and are providing for it. Squirrels have been hoarding for a long time..

((hugs))

Status
Not open for further replies.