The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I just worry that Lilah would jump out the window and not find her way back..which is why I would like to find her a permanent home where she's the only kitty. I do know it takes a few months to settle in..but where my home is outdoor friendly and this cat hasn't been outside-I felt it would be better to find a home with someone who is actively looking for a companion cat..she came around alot sooner than I expected...I don't expect everything to be perfect-but sometimes having an indoor cat and outdoor cat can make things more complicated-we prop the door cracked and we know Lilah would open that door and see what's on the other side.

I made an appointment to get her shots updated-they can't see her until Next thursday at 4:30-so that gives us about 9 to 10 days for her to settle in...I want to be the one to bring the cat to this ladies house and see the home-kind of an home inspection but not...if I get vibes that it's not a good fit-I will bring her back...I just think she would thrive better in a home where she's the queen.
Thank you for taking her in. By doing this you spared her the insane amount of stress any cat is subjected to in a shelter or rescue.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just realized I accidentally bought Ziwipeak's air-dried chicken dog food...

I had been feeding the fur-balls this for a week or so, and I was wondering why the pieces were so much bigger this time and why our dog suddenly had more interest in it than the boys (honestly I think our dog's new obsession with eating the cat food is because we let her clean up after their wet meals. We aren't allowing this anymore).

The ingredients aren't much different, and my boys mostly eat wet so I'm not worried I hurt them. I'm getting two other flavors delivered tomorrow, anyway, so I'll just give our dog the chicken. I also ordered a chicken from the actual Ziwipeak site since Chewy for some reason doesn't have it right now.

Welp, mystery solved lol

They have also been so bratty lately and keep spilling their water bowl...teenagers :gaah:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried scent swapping just yet because I think the cat that went to the vets still smells funky. At least when they smell her on me, it enough to set my other cats off spitting. It something I will so though and I will definitely start switching the litter boxes around too - thanks for that advice.

I think when she starts to smell and look like her old self again (she had liquid paraffin treatment so half of her looks like a drowned rat, I'll let the others see her and slowly start playing and giving them treats together. I suspect one of her sisters will be easier than the other one is hypersensitive. Incidentally, those two have also fallen out with each other as a result of the upset.

I've had the cats since May 17. Their mum was dumped as a kitten and gave birth near to where I live. I brought them all home on the day they were born.
I've never heard of this..what is paraffin used for? It's possible the cats are reacting to this scent and not the cat itself.

For the weekend-give them their own towel/blanket to sleep on then on Sunday=swap them..see how that goes...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized I accidentally bought Ziwipeak's air-dried chicken dog food...

I had been feeding the fur-balls this for a week or so, and I was wondering why the pieces were so much bigger this time and why our dog suddenly had more interest in it than the boys (honestly I think our dog's new obsession with eating the cat food is because we let her clean up after their wet meals. We aren't allowing this anymore).

The ingredients aren't much different, and my boys mostly eat wet so I'm not worried I hurt them. I'm getting two other flavors delivered tomorrow, anyway, so I'll just give our dog the chicken. I also ordered a chicken from the actual Ziwipeak site since Chewy for some reason doesn't have it right now.

Welp, mystery solved lol

They have also been so bratty lately and keep spilling their water bowl...teenagers :gaah:
The food won't hurt the dogs or cats-licking the leftovers won't hurt the dog..may help give more moisture in their diet to keep them regular.

I don't think using these things as treats will be a bad thing...and use for treats with the dog :)

We found a heavy bowl that is untippable for that exact reason...on the porch I use a ceramic dish that goes underneath a planter-it's heavy and shallow=my girl loves batting her paws in it and it doesn't tip over...I wash it out every weekend. The underbowl was bought new at home depot...it seems to stop Bee from tipping over her bowl...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was another scuffle last night-I don't know who started it or why..it was under the bar chair with the robe hanging over the back to make a cave-last I saw, Bee was eating wet food and Lilah snuck up on her or ?? Anyways I stomped my feet and Lilah didn't break it off until I lifted the robe-it was dark with TV on, so all I saw was Bee streaking into master bedroom...then I stomped my feet to get Lilah to stop staring at Bee...didn't faze her. So went into bedroom console Bee, put her on the bed...she kept licking at her mouth-not sure if there was biting or ?? She let me look in her mouth and didn't see anything-I gave her some treats...looks like she puked on them later. She stayed on the bed all night.

The other cat then walked into master bath and I shook the treat bag to distract her from Looking for Bee...I walked to the other side of house shaking treats and Lilah was meowing at me as we walked, her tail was up and she was looking like what's the big deal??? So I locked her in her room from 8:30 to 11pm...she didn't meow or shake the door..she probably went to sleep on the window seat..Bee was acting traumatized all night..Jon came home at 11 and I let Lilah out...she came running out like I opened the door to prison..Bee stayed on the bed.

Then guess who jumped up on the bed?!! Bee didn't meow but Lilah jumped right down after she saw Bee. There was no more scuffles last night but Bee was crawling out of bedroom this morning-so used the canned food and a tapping spoon to lure Lilah to her room...shut her in there so I can give Bee her puffs and miralax in syringe...then Bee howled at the door-I said NO! She's not allowed out until 9am.

The other cat seems to be actively eating some of the wet food, used the box faithfully..Bee did too. So left for work with Lilah in her room and Jon was fast asleep in front of the TV...we put Bee with him so she was curled up against him...Cats!:seesaw::gaah:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The food won't hurt the dogs or cats-licking the leftovers won't hurt the dog..may help give more moisture in their diet to keep them regular.

I don't think using these things as treats will be a bad thing...and use for treats with the dog :)

We found a heavy bowl that is untippable for that exact reason...on the porch I use a ceramic dish that goes underneath a planter-it's heavy and shallow=my girl loves batting her paws in it and it doesn't tip over...I wash it out every weekend. The underbowl was bought new at home depot...it seems to stop Bee from tipping over her bowl...
I know the food won't hurt our dog and wet is beneficial, but ever since we started letting her clean up the leftovers from the wet meals, she has now decided to clean up everything including the cats' dry food.

She always knew eating the cats' dry food wasn't allowed, and never touched it until we started letting her do clean up duty, so that must have confused her.

I really can't afford to let that continue as Ziwi is really expensive and if I let our dog eat it I will blow through bags quicker than my wallet can keep up with. My boys nibble on and off throughout the day and night, so a 14oz bag lasts a good while. Our dog inhales everything in one go. I'm surprised she can even taste anything she eats lol

I'm just going to give our dog the bag of food I accidentally bought since I now have actual cat food.

And now Finny is trying to eat our dog's kibble and I'm just like CAN'T WE ALL JUST STICK TO OUR OWN FOOD?? :gaah: lol

I'm starting to wonder if I should get a porcelain/ceramic bowl instead of the stainless steel. Since it seems to work for Bee maybe it'll also work for my teenage terrors lol

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember the pathetic, super skinny black cat (Kumal) I adopted in late Feb.? Thought I'd give an update.
He is up to 10 lbs, which isn't a huge gain, but he's filled out and leveled off his weight. Super friendly, almost annoyingly, but at least he's not hiding from other people.

IMG_20191004_133356.jpg
IMG_20191004_133634.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember the pathetic, super skinny black cat (Kumal) I adopted in late Feb.? Thought I'd give an update.
He is up to 10 lbs, which isn't a huge gain, but he's filled out and leveled off his weight. Super friendly, almost annoyingly, but at least he's not hiding from other people.

View attachment 302345 View attachment 302346
He looks beautifully healthy and happy.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the conferences I expected to be hard went okay. The other was a disaster.

Big issues with another student today whose mom, of course, did not show up.

I just want to crawl up in a hole and hide.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like they are getting to know each other. When Cal came to live with me my Kirsten

View attachment 302345 View attachment 302346
He's a beauty!!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
this morning someone from work expressed interest in Lilah so we may have a permanent home set up. I love Lilah but it's Bees house FIRST and if this cat is going to charge and scare bee=then she needs to find a new home-and this home would be an indoor only and she would be the only cat...
Oh, that would be lovely, especially since Lilah was only supposed to be a temporary foster, AND since she seems to want to be an "only child." It sounds like this would be ideal for her! Keeping my fingers crossed!

So went into bedroom console Bee, put her on the bed...she kept licking at her mouth-not sure if there was biting or ??
That mouth-licking is actually a fairly common stress reaction. That was probably the culprit.

We had stainless bowls but she would skid it across the floor...
There's a liquid that you can get to paint on the bottoms of throw rugs to keep them from skidding. I'll bet that would work on the bottoms of stainless bowls, as well!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I've been putting up various ads in various groups to find a home for Lilah
. Last night she almost held Bee down to bite her
This morning again. A lady gave me the name and number of a small shelter that deals in cases like Lilah. They have a foster team and manage to rehome. They are open on Tuesday. I've thought long and hard all weekend about this.

I know many of you disappointed in this but I have to do what I can to give Bee a good home. I'm ok with surrendering Lilah to this shelte . They are a no kill shelter. I am afraid of waking up to a bloody wound on Bee and psychological trauma that she would endure at being over powered and harmed. I can't tolerate another animal harming Bee.

I've never dealt with this before or at least not since I was a kid and we had this obnoxious cat who attacked everyone. Lilah loves people. Just needs to be the only pet.

Bee has been traumatized by not being able to use the catbox in 24 hours so I've made the decision to rehome Lilah at the shelter this week. They come highly recommended and I feel ok with this. The 3 people who expressed interest have changed their minds.

Jon doesn't agree with my decision but I don't expect him to understand the fear I have of waking up to a bloody injured cat. I've tried to keep Lilah locked in a room and she is digging up the carpet.

The past two nights Bee sleeps on me from 10pm till I get up. She's absolutely terrorized and that's not fair to her.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I've been putting up various ads in various groups to find a home for Lilah
. Last night she almost held Bee down to bite her
This morning again. A lady gave me the name and number of a small shelter that deals in cases like Lilah. They have a foster team and manage to rehome. They are open on Tuesday. I've thought long and hard all weekend about this.

I know many of you disappointed in this but I have to do what I can to give Bee a good home. I'm ok with surrendering Lilah to this shelte . They are a no kill shelter. I am afraid of waking up to a bloody wound on Bee and psychological trauma that she would endure at being over powered and harmed. I can't tolerate another animal harming Bee.

I've never dealt with this before or at least not since I was a kid and we had this obnoxious cat who attacked everyone. Lilah loves people. Just needs to be the only pet.

Bee has been traumatized by not being able to use the catbox in 24 hours so I've made the decision to rehome Lilah at the shelter this week. They come highly recommended and I feel ok with this. The 3 people who expressed interest have changed their minds.

Jon doesn't agree with my decision but I don't expect him to understand the fear I have of waking up to a bloody injured cat. I've tried to keep Lilah locked in a room and she is digging up the carpet.

The past two nights Bee sleeps on me from 10pm till I get up. She's absolutely terrorized and that's not fair to her.
Sounds like Elvis and Baby Su! Last night they got into their first (that I know of) physical fight. It wasn't nice. I was concerned all night long. This morning found them both curled up on their customary places on the bed. Checked them over -- none the worse for wear, thankfully.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Onsa and Samai fight all the time. I even caught Samai with Onsa's head in her mouth once. Her whole head. Poor Onsa was screaming bloody murder. Sibling rivalry, what are you gonna do?
After I broke it up, they proceeded to groom each other.

I've decided to sell all my horse stuff. I put some up on the FB marketplace, that was easy. Then decided to list it on Offerup. I tried to use my email (a junk email account I have) and they emailed me saying I need to upload the app to my phone. Ok, I will. Then it wants me to give access to my phone's media. Not only NO, but....(you know where I'm going with this). Why can't it be easy? There is no way they are getting access to my phone. Besides, the picture is on my computer.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Onsa and Samai fight all the time. I even caught Samai with Onsa's head in her mouth once. Her whole head. Poor Onsa was screaming bloody murder. Sibling rivalry, what are you gonna do?
After I broke it up, they proceeded to groom each other.

I've decided to sell all my horse stuff. I put some up on the FB marketplace, that was easy. Then decided to list it on Offerup. I tried to use my email (a junk email account I have) and they emailed me saying I need to upload the app to my phone. Ok, I will. Then it wants me to give access to my phone's media. Not only NO, but....(you know where I'm going with this). Why can't it be easy? There is no way they are getting access to my phone. Besides, the picture is on my computer.
I know! Instead of making things easier/more convenient like they claim they are, they make it much more complicated, more problematic, and ALWAYS, more expensive and intrusive.:mad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.