The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so tired mentally. Someone I've adored and looked up to my whole life tried to commit suicide and will be in the Pych ward until Monday or Wednesday. This whole situation has been stressful and emotionally exhausting, especially with my own mental health issues. They seemed to be doing better yesterday, though.

I keep forgetting cats are literally made to jump, climb and land. This morning Teddy used my desk to jump up onto the top of my bookshelf, which honestly isn't much taller than the cat tree, but my first instinct was to freak out and get him down.

I'm starting to view it the way Jackson Galaxy would, and you know, I guess it is a pretty bomb hang out for a cat. If Teddy keeps showing interest I'll probably add a shelf next to the bookshelf to make going up and down easier and put something soft to lay on up there.

The boys' appetites have been ridiculous. They must be going through a growth spurt or something because their poop came back normal so no parasites. They are also very active and probably burn off a lot of calories. I Know they are kittens still (6months), I just don't want to unintentionally overfeed them. But I also don't want to underfeed them in an attempt to not overfeed.

My autistic/special needs nephew visited and Finny was a champ. My nephew was holding him in a way that would make my last cat chew your arm off, but Finny just chilled. Not saying he enjoyed it, but still, his tolerance was impressive. He'd probably make a good therapy cat. My nephew tries to be very gentle but his motor skills are awkward and clumsy so yeah, try as he might he will never be able to hold an animal the correct way. And it does give me anxiety, so I try to tell him to just give the cats pets and hugs and to just let them go where they want to instead of moving them places. But I am glad Finny will let my nephew love on him. Teddy is sweet, too, but only likes cuddles on his terms and does not like being held so he'd just move every time my nephew tried to hug him. Still a good boy, though.
I hope and pray the person gets all the help they need. I've lost friends to that and almost lost one dear friend to that after she had a bad time with this worthless guy she was hooking up with. So I empathize bigtime.
Good on ya! CATify to SATISFY! :yess::climbcat:
Our beloved Rani used to let me hold her upside down. She would go limp and be quite flopsical. :happycat:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope and pray the person gets all the help they need. I've lost friends to that and almost lost one dear friend to that after she had a bad time with this worthless guy she was hooking up with. So I empathize bigtime.
Good on ya! CATify to SATISFY! :yess::climbcat:
Our beloved Rani used to let me hold her upside down. She would go limp and be quite flopsical. :happycat:
I'm sorry for your losses. I don't know what I would have done if I lost someone that way and I hope I never do.

Lol yeah, whenever I get my own place I'll catify the heck out of it since I wouldn't have to worry about ruining my mom's decor.

Floppy kitties are awesome:lovecat4: but that's impressive. Finny was draped over my nephew's arm like a coat and practically hanging upside down lol he let it happen though.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your losses. I don't know what I would have done if I lost someone that way and I hope I never do.

Lol yeah, whenever I get my own place I'll catify the heck out of it since I wouldn't have to worry about ruining my mom's decor.

Floppy kitties are awesome:lovecat4: but that's impressive. Finny was draped over my nephew's arm like a coat and practically hanging upside down lol he let it happen though.
Ran seemed like she liked being picked up that way. I didn't do it all the time, of course. She was very floofy and she knew I just went all *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!* when I picked her up that way.
There are so many different ways to catify and a lot of them are really beautiful/integrate completely with existing decor! You may want to tour hauspanther.com for some examples, and/or see Jackson Galaxy and Kate Benjamin (the owner of hauspanther and one of the nicest people on the planet)'s book, CATIFICATION and Jackson's CATIFY TO SATISFY. LOTS of amazing catification projects of all sizes, shapes, styles and budgets, including specs in a lot of cases.
Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ran seemed like she liked being picked up that way. I didn't do it all the time, of course. She was very floofy and she knew I just went all *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!* when I picked her up that way.
There are so many different ways to catify and a lot of them are really beautiful/integrate completely with existing decor! You may want to tour hauspanther.com for some examples, and/or see Jackson Galaxy and Kate Benjamin (the owner of hauspanther and one of the nicest people on the planet)'s book, CATIFICATION and Jackson's CATIFY TO SATISFY. LOTS of amazing catification projects of all sizes, shapes, styles and budgets, including specs in a lot of cases.
Thank you for your kind thoughts.
No idea why a cat would want to be held upside down but alrighty then lol cats are odd creatures, which is why I love them.

Ooo I'll have to browse that site. Thanks!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might be pregnant. I'm not telling any family or anything until I'm sure. Just my best friend. We've been trying for a few months and this morning, I got a VERY faint line. Fingers crossed! Aedan needs a little brother or sister. We're hoping for a sister.
I hope you told John (Jon?) before you told your best friend.
Good luck, I hope you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.