The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I am so p...d off. Went to the store to pick up a few items and when I got back to my car both of my mirrors had been torn off, dangling by their cables and there was a big black footprint next to where the driver's side mirror had been. Pure vandalism. Who and why would someone do this? This was in daylight around 5:30 pm, there would have been plenty of people around picking up last minute items from the store. I will have to inquire if the store has cameras in the parking lot or if any of the other businesses do. The police dept said since there was not another vehicle involved (the car was parked next to the place where you return carts) I should just a make a report on-line so I would have a number to turn in to my insurance. So I took pictures and went home which was no fun without side mirrors.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear human being never seem to be able to do anything useful and productive. In my area, a group of people smashed a car window, drenched the inside with gasoline, dropped a match inside the car, and ran. One of these idiots almost set themselves on fire. What in hell would posses you to do such a thing? I'll never understand people.

It's like being a terrible human being is fun in this day and age. It seems to be the norm which is why I never expect better from people.

Sad.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had my motorcycle parked in the employee lot at the Dallas VA hospital many years ago, and someone stole both mirrors. The VA Police (rent-a-cops) said to file a report with them. When I replaced the mirrors, I used JB Weld for thread lock.

The motorcycle parking was clear at the back of the lot, right next to a fence for a housing project.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so p...d off. Went to the store to pick up a few items and when I got back to my car both of my mirrors had been torn off, dangling by their cables and there was a big black footprint next to where the driver's side mirror had been. Pure vandalism. Who and why would someone do this? This was in daylight around 5:30 pm, there would have been plenty of people around picking up last minute items from the store. I will have to inquire if the store has cameras in the parking lot or if any of the other businesses do. The police dept said since there was not another vehicle involved (the car was parked next to the place where you return carts) I should just a make a report on-line so I would have a number to turn in to my insurance. So I took pictures and went home which was no fun without side mirrors.
Most stores have parking lot camera's. File a police report, tell them the time and have them look at the security footage.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just shutting down for tonight when your post showed up. I am sooo sorry. I have had serious vandalism here and it’s so upsetting because it’s so pointless and there is nothing we can do after the fact. I’ll never understand being destructive. While I didn’t catch the vandals here, at least one of them continued down a destructive path and did get caught less than a mile from here. Maybe the ones that did that to your car will be on camera somewhere and come to understand that they can be made to pay a price for the destruction they cause. We can hope that something stops them from doing it again. You have my sympathy and understanding. I just wish that could help. :alright:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I was just shutting down for tonight when your post showed up. I am sooo sorry. I have had serious vandalism here and it’s so upsetting because it’s so pointless and there is nothing we can do after the fact. I’ll never understand being destructive. While I didn’t catch the vandals here, at least one of them continued down a destructive path and did get caught less than a mile from here. Maybe the ones that did that to your car will be on camera somewhere and come to understand that they can be made to pay a price for the destruction they cause. We can hope that something stops them from doing it again. You have my sympathy and understanding. I just wish that could help. :alright:
Thanks to everybody, I just had to get this off my chest. Now I sit here nursing a drink, tomorrow I will make a on-line police report and call the store and every other business around there to see if they have cameras.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she liked to be kissed? Seems like she really likes you.
Umm...No. Although I have a healthy immune system, I recently had Salmonella from a bad avocado, I don't want it again. Most reptiles carry this and it is a must to wash your hands thoroughly after handling them. Kissing them would be bad.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Umm...No. Although I have a healthy immune system, I recently had Salmonella from a bad avocado, I don't want it again. Most reptiles carry this and it is a must to wash your hands thoroughly after handling them. Kissing them would be bad.
I have had it too from when we did have reptiles. It is NO fun. Kissing a reptile is a bad idea. Yes, hands must be thoroughly washed whenever handling them.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do they carry it?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do they carry it?
Who knows. It's in the feces.
But it's not only that. They don't have the same range that we or other animals have. They are instinct only. Hot, cold, secure, danger, etc.
If I were to put my face down to kiss her, she would not think "Oh how sweet, she loves me." She would think, "I'm going to get eaten, I better protect myself". Most snakes have teeth, she has fangs. It's just not a good idea to kiss her.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There’s a mysterious very small fly at my house who got me, the cat, the dog, and my mom this week. :poop:

Just to prove size does not matter when it comes to being annoying. And a reason to celebrate summer is about to end.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.