The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, a Silkie chicken! They make good pets, from what I hear. Very docile.

Weird fact: they have black skin and bones, so if you eat their meat it looks really strange. It's popular in China, but I think most American Silkies are pets not food.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, a Silkie chicken! They make good pets, from what I hear. Very docile.

Weird fact: they have black skin and bones, so if you eat their meat it looks really strange. It's popular in China, but I think most American Silkies are pets not food.
They are also 'show chickens' where I live. There are some competitions you can enter them into. Just like how you'd groom a poodle for a competition and show them off and all their assets.

These chickens remind me of a puppet from sesame street or a yeti.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kirby wants to pick up her debit card and buy her son some school clothes. She asked me to try to find them used if I could so I'm looking on swap shop. I'll check the thrift stores, but these days, people try to sell anything remotely nice on swap shop instead of donating it. And they want to sell it for almost new prices. I mean, seriously? $15 for one pair of used jeans? For a kid? Not happening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kirby wants to pick up her debit card and buy her son some school clothes. She asked me to try to find them used if I could so I'm looking on swap shop. I'll check the thrift stores, but these days, people try to sell anything remotely nice on swap shop instead of donating it. And they want to sell it for almost new prices. I mean, seriously? $15 for one pair of used jeans? For a kid? Not happening.
Do you have a Ross near you? I can get my son a nice pair of jeans for around $15 - brand new, and he has a 36" inseam. Those are hard to find.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, we don't have a Ross. And $15 is more than she can afford right now. And I can't afford to help her out at the moment either. We've already gotten stuff for Aedan's birthday (on Friday) and we just had Christmas and Aislyn's birthday and we're tapped out. If I'd known this was going to happen, I would have saved something back and made it up to the kids later. But I didn't know.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Why worry about what some dumbell says on Facebook? Since when does every child need a room for him/herself? Particularly when they are this young? I shared a rather small room with my 6 years older sister and that gets nasty when one is 10 and the other is 16. Or my two brothers who were 8 years apart. Only rich people can afford to have a place big enough so that every child can have their own room and even a bathroom of their own. And those kids grow up with no idea how real people like us live. Most of us grew up with one bathroom for a family of 5 or more and we did not have rooms of our own and we did not feel deprived. You can only wonder about the people who made those comments on Facebook.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not worried about it, just annoyed. It's like when you're a step mom, you can't do anything right. You're supposed to love the kids like your own and do anything for them, but butt out and have no involvement in any decisions and put them before your bio kids to prove that you're not favoring your bios. Not my opinion, just seems to be the general consensus. I was even told that I have no right to discipline my SD because I'm not her real mom. I responded that my husband works a lot and I'm the only one here so I have to discipline and then I was told that since he worked, maybe she shouldn't come here if he can't even spend time with her. Ok, he spends time with her when he's off and did you really just tell me that my husband has no right to see his daughter because he has a job to support his family? Excuse me? I just hate those attitudes. I ignore them and do things my own way, but I wish people didn't see step moms in such a negative light.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Previously I had a post about the miserable boss that I had while working for the US GOV'T, and the broom tester that was my SUPERVISOR. One of my updates is that we got another head boss who has an open door policy...I armed myself with documentation regarding the evil things that were said to me and done to me, discussed with her the lies and horrid way I was treated day after day. She removed the Supervisor and her boss and demoted them both!!!! No more crying on the way to work and anxiety medication is history!!! Just because you are a supervisor doesn't give you the power to be abusive, in her case she told me I can use the ladiesroom only during breaks and lunch!!!!!! I used to refer to my job as HAPPYLAND!!:flail::hyper:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find people on the internet to lack any type of mental or verbal filter so don't take things personally. Especially people on facebook. Everyone just says whatever they want nowadays without considering the person on the other end. Sad.
Yes, unfortunately, it is.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an anatomy test at 10. I'm sitting in the school's office three hours early because the buses aren't running, so I had to catch a ride with family.

I am SO tired.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! I only managed a B on my Anatomy & Physiology final, but I had two nutty kids running around acting like they'd been fed a bunch of crack. LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is this the first thing I thought of?

Good luck on your test.

Status
Not open for further replies.