The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to work for AT&T's Global Sales and Service Department. We handled calls when people made overseas calls without a plan, and then pooped little green squeally worms when they got the bills. I've been called every name in the book in languages most people don't even know exist! I did, however, get a very nice card and fruit basket from a VERY well-know actress after I was able to adjust her bill (one time only) and get her on a plan. Kinda freaked me out that she was able to track me down like that, though.
With money and fame, anything is possible. And probably not very difficult. Haha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the new thermostat. Had to re-wire, even though I didn't want to- because they are all different. It was easy though. Anyway, got it all done, turned on the heat...and nothing.
So, I turned off the circuit (again), turned off the propaine, turned off the switches on the heater, turned the thermostat all the way down and waited 10 minutes. This will sometimes reset the heater....nothing.
Then I went to my computer. Mind you, I did this yesterday and everything I found said it was the thermostat. This time, however, I found a video on my furnace. It said that if the power goes out and the heater is on (which is what happened), then you just need to hit the 'reset button'. Wait...WHAT! There is a reset button??? The video showed where this thing is hidden. It's really hidden, which is why I didn't know it was there. So I hit the button.
And I now have heat again.
On the up side, I have a better thermostat now.
One more lesson in 'You don't realize what you take for granted'. I think I can quit learning this lesson this year...Please.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lowest was 97.2. Husband has the low temp, too
That's not so unusual. My normal temp is 97.3 and my son's is 97.6. I have to remember to tell the nurse when I go to the doctor or she thinks her thermometer is broken.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not unusual if that's your normal temp, but they don't typically have low temps like that. And now her older daughter is vomiting and has the low temp, too. Just seems like very unusual behavior for a virus.
Aedan had his 12 month checkup today. He's still gaining weight but has dropped in the percentile. The pediatrician said it's not worrisome because he is still gaining and he's a lot more mobile. And he got his first MMR vaccine. Thank God. With all the anti-vax craziness and measles making a comeback, it's been a worry in the back of my mind every time we leave the house. I know the shot doesn't instantly give him full protection - it takes time for the antibodies to build up - but now that he's had the shot, that can happen. I'm still breastfeeding through flu season. We'll start weaning after. He's had his flu shot, but it's not 100% effective and I want him to keep getting those extra antibodies. John's aunt disapproves but she's been passively aggressively hinting that I should wean him since he started solid foods. I told her babies still need either breast milk or formula as their main source of nutrition until they're a year old and breast milk is better and she just got a disapproving look on her face and shut up. Oh well. My baby, my decision.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I misunderstood. I was thinking that their normal temp was low and you thought that strange. I see where you're coming from.

John's Aunt can disapprove all she wants. You are wise to continue breastfeeding through flu season. I had a mare and colt once that I was getting ready to wean. The horse next door came down with strangles and the vet told me "Don't you dare wean that colt yet". For the same reason you aren't.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It still amazes me how people react when I tell them that I don't own a smartphone. It's getting to a point now where when people question my choices or tell me that I'm crazy, I get very, very defensive. 90% of the people who see my phone laugh or have some adverse reaction when it isn't a big deal. Okay, you love your smartphone. Good for you. But I saw mine as a problem in my life and decided to drastically change said problem by getting rid of it. So, if that makes me insane then I happily accept that label.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily , I've been watching things on the Mandela Effect since you brought it up. The Jungle Book has convinced me it's real. You know the song 'The Bare Necessities'? The lyrics are
"Wherever I wonder
Wherever I roam
I couldn't be ____
of my big home"
I know 100% that the word is 'fonder'. I've seen this movie a million times and have sang this song just as many. Even Disney's sing a long bouncing ball says 'fonder'.
Yet, all of a sudden he says 'found'. This doesn't even make sense in the song.
Schrodinger was on to something.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know 100% that the word is 'fonder'. I've seen this movie a million times and have sang this song just as many. Even Disney's sing a long bouncing ball says 'fonder'.
Yet, all of a sudden he says 'found'. This doesn't even make sense in the song.
That is weird! There's no reason for him to say "found". It doesn't rhyme with wander and doesn't mean anything in the context. I'll have to watch the movie again. I wonder if it's a side effect of digitalization, or if they had to re-do the voice and someone messed up, or something like that.

I was reading through the ME Reddits all day Sunday. I think most ME situations are easily explained by our terrible memories. I don't trust any of my memories to be perfect, which may be why I've never felt a Mandela Effect strongly---my general attitude if I learn that something I thought wws right isn't is just "oh, well, guess I remembered wrong". But some of them are sure hard to explain. . .

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had a VCR that worked, I would be popping in that tape so fast my head would spin. But all I have to go on at this minute is what I can find on the internet.
The words say 'fonder', but the voice says 'found'.

OOPS, won't let me link, says owner disabled playback.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, that's weird (I looked it up on Youtube). I wonder if the singer misread it or something. Did he always say that but our brains just heard "fonder" because it rhymed and made sense? I'll have to see if my mom has an old VHS and compare.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-my general attitude if I learn that something I thought wws right isn't is just "oh, well, guess I remembered wrong". But some of them are sure hard to explain. . .
I totally agree. My memory is not the best and I do remember a lot of things wrong. But not this one. You could show me a ton of places where he says 'found' and I know that's wrong. It would be like questioning 'The Princess Bride', I know that one word for word.
The problem is, like my son said, if reality changes around you and only your memories stay (per one theory of the Mandela Effect), then the old VHS tape I have will have changed also.
I'm not a firm believer in the Mandela Effect, but I am open minded enough to allow the possibility of something strange going on.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eh, I'm willing to allow that my brain corrected it even if the singer said it wrong. The voice actors back then were a bit mumbly and the sound quality wasn't great. So whatever he said, my brain would have assumed it was whatever made sense.

But it also could have been a mixup when they digitized it. That's why I want to find an old VHS. But I'm not sure if my mom still has a working VHS player, oops. I'll have to check.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Right! This is what I was talking about! It's so weird. I asked a friend if he knew how many states are in the USA and he said 52. Then I told him no and he couldn't believe it. Then I said, "Glad I wasn't the only one who crossed over from another timeline."

But it's not just a memory. The weirdest part is it's like a feeling. I know for a fact I saw these things so why don't they exist now?

I swear there was a Back To The Future reboot of some sort and my best friend also agrees. I tried looking for it online and my heart sank when google yielded no results. I thought, "How is this possible?" Nothing is coming up and it's freaking me out. Especially the Fruit of the Loom one. That's where I learned about cornucopias in the first place. It was the logo and all of a sudden, it doesn't exist?? Something is wrong.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't remember 52 states, but I totally have Mandela effected the Berenstein/Berenstain Bears. I remember it being an e and not an a.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you recall the theme song for the television series? They say "Berenstain".
I watched a lot of cartoons in the 80s, but I don't think I watched that one much. I mostly remember reading the books.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People have posted a lot of old labels and such saying Berenstein Bears so I think it was misspelled a lot back then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.