Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by kashmir64, Jan 1, 2019.

1. catspaw66

catspaw66 TCS Member Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Waldron, Arkansas
    Centurylink is what we have here. I am the only one on the line and I am at the end of it.

Mamanyt1953 purraised this.

2. Mother Dragon

Mother Dragon Cat slave Top Cat

Oct 17, 2006
    Suburban Houston, TX
    Order what you need from Chewy. It's cheaper. We used Advantage II Purple and it works great.

3. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    Agreed

Mamanyt1953 purraised this.

4. foxxycat

foxxycat TCS Member Top Cat

yes or get Revolution. In my area only Rev and Bravecto works for the ticks. We have tick problems more than fleas. I only seen fleas at one location when we used to rent on Swanlake.

Mamanyt1953 and Margret purraised this.

5. Graceful-Lily

Graceful-Lily *Alien* Top Cat

May 30, 2016
    Orbiting the Earth. . .
    I am in Canada. Chewy and those common sites you guys use are not available to me.

I bought some diatomaceous earth and sprinkled it on Felix because I couldn't locate the flea. I also bathed him afterwards with dish soap and made sure to comb through his coat. Couldn't find the flea. No sign of it. Washed the carpets. Hoping it's dead now.

Mamanyt1953, Margret and foxxycat purraised this.

6. foxxycat

foxxycat TCS Member Top Cat

you can sprinkle that on the carpet and let it sit for a day or two then carefully vacuum up..use a shop vac as regular vacuums don't like DE dust. or you can use a broom to brush it up just make sure the dust is not airborne in your kitty's face or yours. It will kill any fleas in the carpets.

Mamanyt1953, Margret and Graceful-Lily purraised this.

7. catspaw66

catspaw66 TCS Member Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Waldron, Arkansas

8. Mia6

Mia6 Mother of two Top Cat

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    So sad. I don't understand how she died from a UTI.

9. Margret

Margret TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 17, 2014
    Littleton, CO
    foxxycat, Mamanyt1953 and Graceful-Lily purraised this.

10. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    I knew nothing about her till I read her obit this morning. She was soooo adorable. I wonder if her dwarfism had something to do with not being able to treat the UTI. There was a pick with her wearing a sweet brown wig, gosh, she was the kind of cat you'd have to kiss 100 times a day.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    maggiedemi, Margret, foxxycat and 2 others purraised this.

11. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    She was a cutie. Reportedly, she didn't hate things quite so much in real life and was quite a cheerful little cat. She just had resting grumpy face :D

(Edit: should probably keep the memes to the tribute thread: Grumpy Cat Is Dead)

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Margret, foxxycat, Mamanyt1953 and 2 others purraised this.

12. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    [​IMG]

Margret, foxxycat and Mamanyt1953 purraised this.

13. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    AH HA! I kept thinking, "Now, where do I know him from?" but couldn't place it!

After 5 years, I think it may be moot...

LORD...Margret, you KNOW how I am about computers. Makes me glad I have Team Viewer, and a son who can do anything with a computer short of making it take out the garbage...and he's working on that for me.

I hear that Chewy will begin shipping to Canada "shortly." I don't know what "shortly" might mean in the corporate world, though.

I know. My heart is broken. She brought so much snarky joy to so many! Rest you gentle, Grumpy Cat, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on millions of hearts the world over.

Mother Dragon, maggiedemi, Margret and 2 others purraised this.

14. Graceful-Lily

Graceful-Lily *Alien* Top Cat

May 30, 2016
    Orbiting the Earth. . .
    @Mamanyt1953 - All the best places only ship within the USA. There are a few fresh pet food companies I wanted to try for my animals but they don't ship to Canada. When I email and ask, I just get pitty, "That's too bad! Maybe some day!" :sigh:

Margret purraised this.

15. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Chewy recently told a customer that they expect to be shipping to Canada in the foreseeable future. Hope that's right.

foxxycat and Margret purraised this.

16. kashmir64

kashmir64 Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 9, 2017
    Arizona
    Also North Dakota. For some reason companys don't want to ship there and offers are 'not available in North Dakota'.
    My son's friends have a hard time getting anything online shipped to them.

foxxycat, Graceful-Lily and Margret purraised this.

17. Kat0121

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    I sent them a tweet about 5 minutes ago. I already got a response. Here it is:

upload_2019-5-18_1-13-23.png

foxxycat, maggiedemi, Graceful-Lily and 2 others purraised this.

18. Kat0121

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    I replied back to Chewy that many Canadians would love to be able to shop at Chewy because of how great Americans tell them they are and they replied again. They always reply to tweets so if anyone in Canada is on Twitter, tell them how you feel!

Here's the second reply:

upload_2019-5-18_1-17-7.png

foxxycat, maggiedemi, Graceful-Lily and 2 others purraised this.

19. Margret

Margret TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 17, 2014
    Littleton, CO
    Oh, this wasn't a personal computer; it was a company computer, a mainframe I believe, and the IT department knew enough not to format the hard drive based on instructions from a customer service department with a strong foreign accent. No one with your level of computer naivete who worked for the company would have been tasked with calling customer service for a computer problem; if you'd worked for them I'm sure they'd have put you in a different department entirely, so don't let it give you nightmares.

Margret