Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by kashmir64, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    There is a movie about someone suing his parents for bringing him into a terrible life. Maybe that guy got the idea from the movie. It's called Capernaum (or Capharnaum if you're a stickler for using the original language).
    Capharnaüm (2018) - IMDb

Although the other guy doesn't seem to have had such a crummy life.

Mamanyt1953 and Margret purraised this.

2. Mia6

Mia6 Mother of two Top Cat

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    It sounds good and won an Oscar. I think I'll get it from the library. Thanks!
    I had never heard of it. :thanks:

3. segelkatt

segelkatt TCS Member Top Cat

I saw the preview on Netflix but was not interested enough to remember its name. So apparently there is not only a movie but some kookie person doing the same thing. It would be interesting to know what happened to that lawsuit. One would think it would be thrown out of court.

4. Margret

Margret TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 17, 2014
    Littleton, CO
    Nor had I. I think I'll try to find it on Netflix, once I finally get set up with that.

I don't think it's had time enough to be thrown out of court. Yet. I agree with you; that's exactly what I would expect to happen.
    Well, tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of the Columbine shootings. Naturally that's a big deal here in Colorado, and I heard this story on the radio on my way home from the grocery store this evening: 'An American Elegy,' Composed In Columbine's Wake, Continues To Heal. It made me want to look for the music, which I had never heard before, and I found this:

I live in the Columbine Valley. I know people who watched their friends being shot at school 20 years ago tomorrow, and I was part of the massed choir that sang at the public memorial service at Red Rocks. And after 20 years it's still happening. Just this week a young woman from Florida who was "infatuated" with the Columbine shootings came to Colorado where she bought a gun quite legally and began making "credible threats" against schools in the Denver area. Eventually she went up to Echo Lake (at the foot of Mt. Evans - the road to the summit is still closed due to winter snow) and killed herself. I grieve with her family, as I grieved with the families of all who were killed at Columbine, including the shooters themselves, but I'm very glad that she didn't take anyone else with her, as too many have done in just the past year. :bawling:

Margret

Mamanyt1953, artiemom and Mia6 purraised this.

5. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    That music is beautiful @Margret

Such a sad day that was; and the woman who went to CO then took her own life is so tragic as all the mass shootings are.

6. Graceful-Lily

Graceful-Lily *Alien* Super Cat

May 30, 2016
    Orbiting the Earth. . .
    I've literally been waiting years for Chewy to deliever to Canada. :yess::cheerleader:

Mamanyt1953, Margret and Mia6 purraised this.

7. Katie M

Katie M TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 1, 2017
    Kingwood, WV
    I had a dream about a childhood room. I feel like I was really back in it. I saw my bed with the brass headboard that made a lot of noise whenever I got in or out. There was my dresser with the little calico cat figurine and the Peter Rabbit bank. My white bookcase crammed with books and my Highlights magazines. I even saw my dollhouse.

Now I miss it :bawling:

Mamanyt1953, Margret and artiemom purraised this.

8. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    Awww.....sounds like it was a lovely room for a child. :alright:

Mamanyt1953, Margret and artiemom purraised this.

9. Katie M

Katie M TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 1, 2017
    Kingwood, WV
    It really was. It's the first bedroom of mine that I have clear memories of.

Mamanyt1953, Mia6, Margret and 1 other person purraised this.

10. Margret

Jul 17, 2014
    Littleton, CO
    So, last night while going to bed it dawned on me that there was something I could do to keep myself from having to wake up too early. It involved putting a few things on the front porch, and while I was doing that Bright Eyes ran past me into the yard. I put on shoes and grabbed a flashlight and went searching for him, without success. I was so worried - Bright Eyes is largely Roger's cat, and I'd just lost him!

I finally locked Jasmine in the bedroom (with food and water, litter box, etc.), propped the front door ajar with a bowl of kibble, and sprinkled more kibble on the front porch. Then I got a couple of blankets and sat on the couch, watching shows that I'd recorded and wanted to clear off of the DVR to make more room, hoping that if I sat there long enough Bright Eyes would end up in my lap. So, after finishing one show, I paused the next one so I could go to the kitchen for a glass of water, and sure enough, there was Bright Eyes! But he wasn't eating the kibble (which I would have heard), he was sneaking past the kibble, and not because he wanted a lap - he'd come home because he needed a litter box. :doh:

[​IMG]

Margret

Mamanyt1953, Mother Dragon, surya and 5 others purraised this.

11. artiemom

artiemom Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart Top Cat

Dec 22, 2014
    near Boston
    @Margret Bright Eyes is very intelligent. He wants a private, litter box...

So glad he is back....

Mamanyt1953, Margret and Furballsmom purraised this.

12. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    He's a cutie! Love the tooth, so sweet!

13. Furballsmom

Furballsmom Cat Fan especially Black Cats Staff Member Forum Helper

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    After a crossing the bridge FIP baby, I have to say I really appreciated this post ...LOL

14. Margret

Jul 17, 2014
    Littleton, CO
    He has another just like it on the other side - only cat I've ever met with an overbite. If I thought he'd wear it I'd make him a little satin vampire cape for a Halloween costume.

Margret

Mamanyt1953, Mia6, artiemom and 3 others purraised this.

15. Furballsmom

Furballsmom Cat Fan especially Black Cats Staff Member Forum Helper

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    :lol:

16. kashmir64

kashmir64 Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 9, 2017
    Arizona

17. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    If anyone is interested, Bath & Body Works is having a sale on everything. 40% off. Just today though. Here's a code I found on Retailmenot for an additional 20% off an order. I just used the code. It works. S2RT2TY

Body Care & Home Fragrances You'll Love | Bath & Body Works

They have a code on the site for free shipping over $40 but you can only use one code and I saved more using the 20% off. I didn't even spend $40. Have fun.

Mamanyt1953, muffy, Mia6 and 2 others purraised this.

18. Alicia88

Alicia88 TCS Member Top Cat

May 25, 2016
    Kirksville, MO
    Aedan didn't like the Easter bunny, but I think they had a nice Easter, anyway. They got to color and hunt eggs. And they got some nice presents. 20190421_201351.jpg 20190420_231248.jpg 20190421_072837.jpg 20190421_133412.jpg
    Clearly, I need to learn to walk. Walked into the doorway of the baby gate. It's one of those with the door that opens and I scraped my leg along the pole where the door connects.

foxxycat, Mamanyt1953, Margret and 2 others purraised this.

19. Margret

Jul 17, 2014
    Littleton, CO
    I assume you mean you took him to visit the Easter bunny at a mall or somewhere? If so, I'm not surprised. Mall Easter bunnies and Santas were never my thing as a child, either. They were such obvious fakes that they embarrassed me; I just wanted to say "You do know that no one believes you're really him, don't you?," and there's no polite way to say that.

:alright: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: Sympathy. I do that kind of thing, too. I once got a black eye running into a door edge-on. It isn't easy being a klutz.

Margret

Mamanyt1953 and Mia6 purraised this.

20. Alicia88

Alicia88 TCS Member Top Cat

May 25, 2016
    Kirksville, MO
    20190420_104850.jpg

foxxycat, Mamanyt1953, Lari and 2 others purraised this.