The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I too prefer Amazon. Whenever I am not satisfied with a product, they usually refund without problem. The only time I buy things from eBay is when it's not available in Canada. For example, my rollerskates I bought a few years ago. I could not find a store near me that sold them. They all asked, "What's that?" Or told me they didn't carry it. You know the rollerskates with the four wheels? Two in the front and two in the back? Those ones... I also bought my Nokia C3 off eBay... and some Schlumbergera seeds... Well, maybe nevermind. It depends because sometimes eBay has cheaper things.

Someone stole my credit card information the other day. I saw a small transaction first for 1 cent and then a larger transaction. I searched up the place and it was a spa/resort type thingy in Quebec. They paid for couples entry into the resort. But that's all they got because I had ran up my visa and there wasn't much left on it lol. I genuinely hoped they enjoyed themselves! My bank did sort it out though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know the rollerskates with the four wheels? Two in the front and two in the back? Those ones
I grew up with those. Roller rink every Friday or Saturday night as a preteen.
I saw a small transaction first for 1 cent and then a larger transaction.
The 1¢ was to hold the charge and let the bank know how much was coming. I usually get that charge when places run the card as a charge and not a debit.
If you ever see a 1¢ charge and you know it wasn't you, tell your bank immediately and they may stop the bigger one coming.
Glad your bank sorted it out.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you had to go through all this hassle Margret Margret !!
Thank you, but I'm not sorry it happened. The world is full of things that make me angry, and generally all I can do is to Tweet about it. But this time I had the standing (as a theft victim) to actually do something about it, to file a police report that's being taken seriously and to warn others. There's a chance that it will result in this company being taken down for good, and at the very least it's going to cause them some serious trouble.

Is anyone else here a fan of the movie "Jumping Jack Flash," with Whoopi Goldberg? There's a scene in that movie where Whoopi is trapped in a phone booth, surrounded by big young blonde guys wielding chains and knives and such, and a tow truck has latched onto the phone booth and is hauling it away with Whoopi inside. The phone is no longer connected, but Whoopi is still desperately trying to use it to summon police assistance, and in telling them how to recognize her she says, "I'm a little black woman in a silver box." It's one of the funniest lines in a very funny movie. Well, I'm not black, but at 5'2" I am a little woman, and a lot of the time that's how I feel, but not this time. This time I was not helpless.

Margret

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
La Jolla is nice, and it's not far from Sea World or the La Jolla Aquarium and within an hour drive of Disneyland.
Arizona sucks, don't come here.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Onsa has a runny eye. I'm trying real hard not to panic. It's been windy and I've had the window open for her to sit and look out. It's only one eye, and it's a clear liquid. She hasn't sneezed and is acting normal, so it may be something in her eye.
If the wind ever stops and her eye continues, I'll have to take her to the vet, maybe needs a flush.
I'm a nervous mama though and I really want to panic.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Onsa has a runny eye. I'm trying real hard not to panic. It's been windy and I've had the window open for her to sit and look out. It's only one eye, and it's a clear liquid. She hasn't sneezed and is acting normal, so it may be something in her eye.
If the wind ever stops and her eye continues, I'll have to take her to the vet, maybe needs a flush.
I'm a nervous mama though and I really want to panic.
It's probably dust or pollen. Do you have any non-medicated saline eye drops in the house? If she can't get the irritation out herself, saline drops can help.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only one I have is medicated, but I do have to go to town today, so I'll get some.
I'm sure you're correct, but I still want to panic. It's my Onsa.

There used to be a commercial years ago for Valley Fever. It started....Arizona...Hot...Dry...Dusty, Dusty, Dusty.
Truer words have not been spoken.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we got some news. We've been having trouble with leaking coolant and our breaks needed replaced. So, John took the car to our mechanic. We have new breaks, but he said the coolant leak will eventually lead to a blown head gasket and it's not worth fixing so start looking. He said we have some time.
We've been talking about getting a new car anyway. Well, not new but new to us. This car has served me well. I paid $800 for it 3 years ago and all I've had to do is replace the battery, replace the starter, and now replace the breaks. Can't complain about that.
And the mechanic is a friend of John's so he's agreed to go with us to look at whatever we're thinking about buying.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And the mechanic is a friend of John's so he's agreed to go with us to look at whatever we're thinking about buying.
This is a huge advantage. When I had to replace my beloved Toyota Echo after I totaled it on Christmas Eve, just one of our mechanic's observations about the new (used) Dart got the price lowered by $1000.

Margret

Status
Not open for further replies.