The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Roger is watching the Super Bowl, so I hear it in the background but I'm pretty much ignoring it; if the Denver Broncos aren't involved I don't care about football all that much.

Does anyone know how to go about sending a Kindle or Audible book as a gift to someone who has a Kindle?

Margret
You can do it through Amazon. I've tried lending books to friends but the ones I wanted to loan
were not allowed to be loaned from the publisher. I've never given a book as a gift.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
PATS???!!! AGAIN???

Oh well, they are now tied with the Steelers for most SB wins. My sister adores Tom Brady so she always routes for the Pats. The Rams gave it their best and now Brady can retired but I wonder if he will. :dunno:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It's been bitterly cold and Getting SICK of it! Today supposed to be almost 50!My coworker had frozen pipes THREE times!! We replaced the heat tape and added more pipe insulation and it still froze...but the temp was -11°F both times...she had some vents on the skirting that she didn't know were supposed to be covered up-she ran into prior owner and he said they were in the shed...so NOW lets hope no more issues..whoever set up the water pipes did it stupid in her house. It comes out of the ground about 7 feet from edge of house but then bends and goes into house 2 inches from edge of house. How STUPID is that?!! Mine is a foot away from edge of house. We will find someone to fix this in the spring.
I don't take heat or hot water for granted anymore! I hope this is the end of this bitter cold..even Bee has been confined to the house.

I got pictures of her the other day sitting under the cover of the kayak trying to stay warm-she insisted on going outside...that lasted about a minute and I kept calling and calling her to come in...which she came running back in.

Jon has been hurting from the darn arthritis but the doctor is tapering off his meds. They want him to try some expensive medication but side effects are not good for kidney and cardiac issues..I told him basically dehydrates you and personally I wouldn't try it..seems in the trial most people got nausea and vomiting..I don't know if he's going to try anyways. I just get really nervous about side effects. He doesn't have a cast iron stomach like I do. It doesn't take much to make him sick to his stomach.

We are just waiting for warmer weather and of course watching too much TV. I been reading more now..I never used to mind the cold weather but lately I really don't like it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It's been bitterly cold and Getting SICK of it! Today supposed to be almost 50!My coworker had frozen pipes THREE times!! We replaced the heat tape and added more pipe insulation and it still froze...but the temp was -11°F both times...she had some vents on the skirting that she didn't know were supposed to be covered up-she ran into prior owner and he said they were in the shed...so NOW lets hope no more issues..whoever set up the water pipes did it stupid in her house. It comes out of the ground about 7 feet from edge of house but then bends and goes into house 2 inches from edge of house. How STUPID is that?!! Mine is a foot away from edge of house. We will find someone to fix this in the spring.
I don't take heat or hot water for granted anymore! I hope this is the end of this bitter cold..even Bee has been confined to the house.

I got pictures of her the other day sitting under the cover of the kayak trying to stay warm-she insisted on going outside...that lasted about a minute and I kept calling and calling her to come in...which she came running back in.

Jon has been hurting from the darn arthritis but the doctor is tapering off his meds. They want him to try some expensive medication but side effects are not good for kidney and cardiac issues..I told him basically dehydrates you and personally I wouldn't try it..seems in the trial most people got nausea and vomiting..I don't know if he's going to try anyways. I just get really nervous about side effects. He doesn't have a cast iron stomach like I do. It doesn't take much to make him sick to his stomach.

We are just waiting for warmer weather and of course watching too much TV. I been reading more now..I never used to mind the cold weather but lately I really don't like it.
I take some medications that upset my stomach and I've found that peanut butter helps. I'll eat a tablespoon before I take the meds and my belly doesn't get so funky. I'm always wary of a medication that just comes on the market. I want to see if the side effects are worth it.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hang on, foxxycat foxxycat . Spring is just around the corner...

upload_2019-2-4_7-13-3.png

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I take some medications that upset my stomach and I've found that peanut butter helps. I'll eat a tablespoon before I take the meds and my belly doesn't get so funky. I'm always wary of a medication that just comes on the market. I want to see if the side effects are worth it.
Some of these medications have been around for I think 10 years or so. There's injections or pills. The cheapest method looks to be 100 a month for generic. the brand name is 350 a month. the injections are more. I told him stay away from injections until he know how the medication works.. because as we know side effects last longer with injections and with pills it's easier to mess around with the dose. He gets sick from most prescribed meds. He even gets upset stomach from the pred. He eats a piece of bread w peanute butter on it..the p b probably has enough fats for the meds to stick to so it won't irritate your stomach. Plus it has good protein and fats as well.

I keep trying to convince him to go to Arizona and see if it helps his symptoms? I know he likes all seasons but man the wacky weather has been a pain but he is a champ and still gets the snow removal done even if it makes him tired..he's old school. Just get it done and worry about the pain after. I tried to take care of it but he gets mad...I think he's afraid he won't have a purpose so I let him set the pace.

All I know is I have had enough of crawling under homes and I don't mind doing it-but it's frustrating when they were freezing even with the heat tape. The guy installed some kind of pump to improve the water pressure. I think that pump was freezing. We drapped the heat tape over and under but didn't zip tie like the prior heat tape-worried it would pinch the wire so used electrical tape. We got to see if they make some kind of flexible rubber black insulation that isn't pressed into shapes of pipes and wrap that around it-it's about 5 to 6 inches in diameter...

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm beyond fed up with the stupid neighbors. They fight all night, every night. We've called housing and nothing came of it. Last night, John pounded on the wall (Aedan seems to be able to sleep through anything) and he yelled back, "Do you need a hammer?" Yeah, to bash your head in with. It's midnight, shut up so we can sleep!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's why I love living in the boonies. Nothing is close, but we don't have to put up with that.
The wind is what kept me up all night, and who do you complain to for that, and what good does it do?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's been bitterly cold and Getting SICK of it! Today supposed to be almost 50
Are you going to get violent with me if I tell you that I had to turn on the AC today for a few hours?

Wait until you are older. The rain makes you have to pee.
It certainly does, but that gives you more time to listen to the rain.

When you get older everything makes you have to pee. LOL.
This is very true. Even rolling over in bed can do it.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I had a recent thought. Aedan will be ready to potty train at some point. We have to keep the bathroom door closed to keep Connor from flushing the toilet over and over again. When he starts potty training, that will have to stop. Which means we need to come up with a way to keep Connor from flushing. Do they make locks or anything to keep the toilet from being flushed? I doubt this is a common problem . . .

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.