The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Shane just died. He was supposed to have time!
Oh, Babygirl, I am so very, very sorry. My heart is flying across the miles to be with you and yours. His pain is over now, and he is at peace, but...you and your family's pain is just beginning. I am so very, very sorry.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, I just had a really miserable tummy virus. I seriously considered taking a pillow and blanket into the bathroom, and just camping there, but getting up off the floor every 10 minutes was too much work. I slept in my recliner, which I can get out of faster, and is just as close to the necessary as my bed is. I'm fine now, still tired from all the lost sleep, but NOT sick at all!

It's very November here today. Gray, chilly, and lots of wind.
You know, that sounds like a mild case of Salmonella. I had those symptoms and ended up in the ICU with both Salmonella and C. Diff. The two of them together almost put me out for good. But, if after 4 days you have recuperated, great.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, that sounds like a mild case of Salmonella. I had those symptoms and ended up in the ICU with both Salmonella and C. Diff. The two of them together almost put me out for good. But, if after 4 days you have recuperated, great.
It took me about 8-9 days to get over the Salmonella I had.
However a gall bladder attack does the same thing but only lasts 1-2 days. You just wish you were dead either way.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 I'm so sorry for your loss. Lots of virtual hugs coming your way! :grouphug2:

Well, I actually got Thanksgiving off. I was not expecting that, but my supervisor said she still had no problem working the last half even though we finally found two people willing to split the first. I can now just spend time with my family without feeling rushed and then go black Friday shopping with my mom like the old times. I'll also get paid, which will be nice. I need that holiday pay. I'm determined this will be my last Thanksgiving and Christmas with this company, though.

I asked my boss for a raise and he said he'd definitely put in a request. I was surprised, to say the least, but after two years working here, I can see blatant favoritism between employees and even if I seem to be one of the lucky ones, I still hate it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...November is really here. SIX DAYS without a peek at the sun, fitful wind, chilly (North Carolina chilly, not Wisconsin chilly)...thankfully, I love weather like this, but I do worry about the ferals. They could use a few sunny days to bask in protected areas.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
When I went to Reno several years ago, there was snow the entire time. It was in November too.
People forget that Reno proper is at 4400 feet and I am at least another 1000 feet higher. It gets darn cold here although it is desert. So people think desert equals hot, but altitude means cold. When I lived in Germany people would take a ski vacation in the Alps in winter and come back with pictures of themselves in a bikini sunning themselves and with a radical tan and also with pics all bundled up in ski clothes on the slopes. I never could understand that at the time but I sure do now. I can sit on my patio at noon in the sun wearing hardly anything as long as I am protected from the wind getting a tan (not that I would, tans are really not healthy and cause wrinkles of which I have plenty without the help of wind and sun), but the moment I step in the shade and into the wind it feels like it is freezing at 50 or less.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. Like, "I'll be taking that." That's something I would say to my CHILD because he has something he shouldn't! And Aedan is a tough little guy. I think the worst part for him was being held down while the doctor applied the glue. He hates having to be still. Like any normal toddler.
I would not have taken him to be seen by a professional. Whatever happened to every mom being a nurse/doctor? I would have cleaned it up with soap and water, put some Triple Antibiotic on it and a band-aid and that would have been it. Parents seem to think they are helpless with every little scrape and bump and have to protect their children from every little injury. Guess what? They will survive without expert help for everything.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A woman I know indirectly posted a video of her naked 4 year old son to her Instagram story and I am disgusted beyond belief. I want to know what her thought process was leading up to hitting send. Surely, this can't be okay, right? I mean, some people won't even post pictures of their kids faces to social media but their whole naked body? Baby or not. I don't care how old your kid is, I don't want to see them naked.
Gee whiz! people used to pose their bare babies on a bear skin rug. Would you object to that also? Is everyone's thought in the gutter these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.