The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh okay. Always knew that book/movie was wacky lol I should probably watch/read it. Possibly while high 🤔 😂
You can always listen to the audio book. The movie didn't really do it for me.
I found the audio book narrated by Douglas Adams on Youtube.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gave Finny some tiki raw with his canned tonight. He loved it like the last time he had it. He even stopped eating his favorite canned food (Feline Natural) and started demanding more raw. He loves the turkey and seems so-so on the quail. Teddy ate the little spoonful of quail but didn't seem interested in more. He might just not be a raw fan, or I just need to find a brand (or eventually try homemade) that he'd like. If not, then that's okay. He seems to be doing good on his canned, anyway (though I prefer their poops on Rawz, but they get bored of that brand all the time). I hope Finny doesn't start only wanting raw because it'd be expensive to feed that exclusively right now. With the way he stuck his nose up at his canned like it was suddenly beneath his royal furry butt makes me a little nervous lol but I'm happy he likes it.

You can always listen to the audio book. The movie didn't really do it for me.
I found the audio book narrated by Douglas Adams on Youtube.
I have never had an interest in audiobooks, but I could give his a try. Did you enjoy his narration? Did it add anything to the story? If you have listened to it, that is.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just turned in my final assignment. I'll meet my last graduation requirement tomorrow by sitting for the certification exam.

I'm feeling quite a few emotions right now. Joy, shock at actually finishing, anxiety about tomorrow, and a bit of sadness now that I've reached the end.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
have never had an interest in audiobooks, but I could give his a try. Did you enjoy his narration? Did it add anything to the story? If you have listened to it, that is.
I had read the books years ago. But I can't read much these days or my head explodes. I listened to part of the audio book and was rolling the whole time. He did a real good job. But then, he would. He had a vision of the characters and you could tell it in his narration of the books.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had read the books years ago. But I can't read much these days or my head explodes. I listened to part of the audio book and was rolling the whole time. He did a real good job. But then, he would. He had a vision of the characters and you could tell it in his narration of the books.
Sounds like a good time. I think I'll give it a shot this weekend!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do people think that just because you're pregnant, they can tell you what to do with your body?
I stopped at starbucks today, which is a really rare treat for me. Like once or twice a year rare, because I'm a cheapskate. I got a vanilla bean frappuccino with a couple shots of espresso, which is way under the caffeine limit my OB set for me.
Some old witch tried to steal my coffee because I'm pregnant and I shouldn't have caffeine. I'm barely showing. I should have told her I'm just chunky. And then she said I obviously didn't avoid caffeine with my son because he's clearly ADHD since he couldn't stand still. He's not quite 2 and he wasn't even misbehaving. He was just walking around looking at the stuff on the shelves. I was keeping him close. Like, witch, get back in your lane. She literally said, "I'll be taking that. You'll thank me later." Excuse me? And then tried saying that I should listen to her because she's older and has more experience with these things.
I think she just thought she could scam me into giving her free coffee. Uh-uh, not gonna happen. I told her my doctor's opinion matters more than some random hag's at a coffee shop and walked out. For real, though, who is that dang rude?

And we had an interesting day on Saturday. Aedan was climbing on his trike and fell. Put a hole in his noggin. Took him to the ER and couldn't get him to settle down; he was running around the waiting room and climbing on chairs with blood oozing from his head. They glued it shut and sent us on our way with a "See ya next time!" Yeah, I'm aware that my kid is a daredevil and we'll probably be making a lot of ER visits in the future. Haha
1573181975143.png

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. Like, "I'll be taking that." That's something I would say to my CHILD because he has something he shouldn't! And Aedan is a tough little guy. I think the worst part for him was being held down while the doctor applied the glue. He hates having to be still. Like any normal toddler.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm aware that my kid is a daredevil and we'll probably be making a lot of ER visits in the future.
My nephew who is about that age is at the ER like every other week :/. He has no fear and is constantly getting hurt. I hope he (and Aiden) develop some cautiousness before they get hurt too badly!
Some old witch tried to steal my coffee because I'm pregnant and I shouldn't have caffeine.
Yikes, some people! When my cousin was pregnant, her doctor said she could have one glass of wine a week (or something like that; I don't remember the details. A tiny amount of alcohol) at a certain point in the pregnancy. She gave up on trying to have a drink in public because everybody had to get involved. Looks, it's great that people care about the kids but let's be reasonable. Save the outrage for stuff that's really harmful.

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some old witch tried to steal my coffee because I'm pregnant and I shouldn't have caffeine
And then she said I obviously didn't avoid caffeine with my son because he's clearly ADHD since he couldn't stand still.
I drank coffee all through my pregnancy. Sometimes I had more than I should have. My son is normal and he's 6'6", so don't let anyone tell you it will stunt your baby's growth.
The hag is older but obviously doesn't have experience if she doesn't know what a 2 yr. old boy is like.

Yeah, I'm aware that my kid is a daredevil and we'll probably be making a lot of ER visits in the future. Haha
He sounds a lot like me.
Glad he is alright.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I told her my doctor's opinion matters more than some random hag's at a coffee shop and walked out.
Wowza.......what is wrong with people????? So sorry about Aedan's head. Hope he heals soon.

While I don't advocate this, one of my aunts chain-smoked and drank "highballs" while pregnant with her eldest child.
This was in the late 40s. My cousin has a genius I.Q., a Doctorate Degree in Music and has written a book.
She would probably be arrested today.

I know a few women who were told by their docs that an occasional glass of wine was ok and same with coffee.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why do people think that just because you're pregnant, they can tell you what to do with your body?
I stopped at starbucks today, which is a really rare treat for me. Like once or twice a year rare, because I'm a cheapskate. I got a vanilla bean frappuccino with a couple shots of espresso, which is way under the caffeine limit my OB set for me.
Some old witch tried to steal my coffee because I'm pregnant and I shouldn't have caffeine. I'm barely showing. I should have told her I'm just chunky. And then she said I obviously didn't avoid caffeine with my son because he's clearly ADHD since he couldn't stand still. He's not quite 2 and he wasn't even misbehaving. He was just walking around looking at the stuff on the shelves. I was keeping him close. Like, witch, get back in your lane. She literally said, "I'll be taking that. You'll thank me later." Excuse me? And then tried saying that I should listen to her because she's older and has more experience with these things.
I think she just thought she could scam me into giving her free coffee. Uh-uh, not gonna happen. I told her my doctor's opinion matters more than some random hag's at a coffee shop and walked out. For real, though, who is that dang rude?

And we had an interesting day on Saturday. Aedan was climbing on his trike and fell. Put a hole in his noggin. Took him to the ER and couldn't get him to settle down; he was running around the waiting room and climbing on chairs with blood oozing from his head. They glued it shut and sent us on our way with a "See ya next time!" Yeah, I'm aware that my kid is a daredevil and we'll probably be making a lot of ER visits in the future. Haha
View attachment 306864
Poor baby. Give him a kiss for me.

You're not alone. I've heard about that happening a lot. People tell their stories on Reddit. I think she just wanted a free coffee too. Good for you for telling her to mind her own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.