The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one we currently have is the catit fountain. We use it without the flower attachment.

We bought it a few days before John found and rescued Mickey. Connor and Murphy wanted nothing to do with it. We brought Mickey in and he drank from it. Then Connor and Murphy became copy cats - literally. Since then, they've all used it with no problems.
Catit makes great products!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they do. But it's 3 years old now and who knows how much longer it will last? And this new one is all fancy and swanky and on sale. I couldn't resist upgrading.
I know. It's a tough call. I bought out all the filters for my Drinkwell so I hope it lasts a long, long time. But that is a really nice fountain you're getting!!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting turn of events. The woman who fired John a few months ago walked out. She's gone. And he just got an e-mail offering him 1st Assistant Manager if he comes back. He was 2nd Assistant Manager when he was fired.
Alicia,

Is John considering accepting the job?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's thinking about it. He has a meeting about in a couple of days. He said it wants acknowledged that he was fired unfairly or he won't accept it. It's more money than he's making now and he loved his old job until that witch became the general manager. I have mixed feelings. Positive - for all the reasons mentioned above. Negative because I don't trust them and I'm a bit butthurt about the whole situation.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned something valuable tonight... where safety goggles when cutting cat nails.

I just got a very sharp piece of cat nail in my eye. It flicked in there the moment I cut it. It got lodged in the deep crease and hurt like hell. Almost thought I'd have to go to the hospital. Got it out by flushing my eye out with water but it still feels like something is there.

I'm already having a bad... week, month, year... so of all the things that could happen to me tonight. 🙃🙃

The universe must really hate me.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I learned something valuable tonight... where safety goggles when cutting cat nails.

I just got a very sharp piece of cat nail in my eye. It flicked in there the moment I cut it. It got lodged in the deep crease and hurt like hell. Almost thought I'd have to go to the hospital. Got it out by flushing my eye out with water but it still feels like something is there.

I'm already having a bad... week, month, year... so of all the things that could happen to me tonight. 🙃🙃

The universe must really hate me.
Maybe you should have a doc look at?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
He's thinking about it. He has a meeting about in a couple of days. He said it wants acknowledged that he was fired unfairly or he won't accept it. It's more money than he's making now and he loved his old job until that witch became the general manager. I have mixed feelings. Positive - for all the reasons mentioned above. Negative because I don't trust them and I'm a bit butthurt about the whole situation.
I would feel the same way and I think they should have called him, not emailed but if the money is better and he loved the job.......

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Hope your eye feels better soon Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily !! Do you have any lubricating eye drops? Sometimes it will hurt for 24 to 48 hours after the object is removed-we get eye injuries every now and then here at work with grinding on metal-Ive gotten those pieces of fluff wheel in my eye even with grinding shield and glasses-flush the eye and still hurts for a bit...I used to put ice pack on my eye.

Lilah isn't ready to cohabit with Bee. Saturday we left the bedroom door open for an hour or so- She stayed on the bed or hid under the couch.
Yesterday mornin-open the door and 10 minutes later Lilah comes screaming out of the bedroom chasing Bee and yeowling- But she stopped when she was 2 feet away from Bee...poor Bee was crouched in fear-so I picked bee up and put her on the couch and used the treatbag to entice meathead back into the bedroom-so she comes running for a treat of course..So the door was shut-then Bee went out yesterday and we opened the door for a bit-we only let her roam for an hour then put her back in there... I also had switched cats and put Bee in her room and shut the door-neither cat was happy...
Lilah wanted her bed and Bee didn't like to smell the new kitty all over the Bed and window seat lol.

So for now we have a tv set up in bedroom so I spend 2 hours a night in there before Jon comes in to go to bed-I love watching Hoarders and been baggin up tons and tons of clothes and just things I've been hanging on-gifts/small sizes-and filled my car last night for goodwill...and now the pile of stuff in the corner is getting smaller... I will attack my closets again-I already dumped a ton of clothes the past 2 years- (yard sales-can't pass up 25 cent clothes) so I am finally getting around to the minimalist life style=and only have stuff for cats..lol. Lilah has 5 cat posts in the bedroom and I made a cave by the back corner of the bedroom so she can hide..Jon says I am nuts. He says there's plenty of cat beds for her..lol. 25 years fighting hoarding/collecting clothes and finally I am letting go...

anyone else here struggle with letting go??

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope your eye feels better soon Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily !! Do you have any lubricating eye drops? Sometimes it will hurt for 24 to 48 hours after the object is removed-we get eye injuries every now and then here at work with grinding on metal-Ive gotten those pieces of fluff wheel in my eye even with grinding shield and glasses-flush the eye and still hurts for a bit...I used to put ice pack on my eye.

Lilah isn't ready to cohabit with Bee. Saturday we left the bedroom door open for an hour or so- She stayed on the bed or hid under the couch.
Yesterday mornin-open the door and 10 minutes later Lilah comes screaming out of the bedroom chasing Bee and yeowling- But she stopped when she was 2 feet away from Bee...poor Bee was crouched in fear-so I picked bee up and put her on the couch and used the treatbag to entice meathead back into the bedroom-so she comes running for a treat of course..So the door was shut-then Bee went out yesterday and we opened the door for a bit-we only let her roam for an hour then put her back in there... I also had switched cats and put Bee in her room and shut the door-neither cat was happy...
Lilah wanted her bed and Bee didn't like to smell the new kitty all over the Bed and window seat lol.

So for now we have a tv set up in bedroom so I spend 2 hours a night in there before Jon comes in to go to bed-I love watching Hoarders and been baggin up tons and tons of clothes and just things I've been hanging on-gifts/small sizes-and filled my car last night for goodwill...and now the pile of stuff in the corner is getting smaller... I will attack my closets again-I already dumped a ton of clothes the past 2 years- (yard sales-can't pass up 25 cent clothes) so I am finally getting around to the minimalist life style=and only have stuff for cats..lol. Lilah has 5 cat posts in the bedroom and I made a cave by the back corner of the bedroom so she can hide..Jon says I am nuts. He says there's plenty of cat beds for her..lol. 25 years fighting hoarding/collecting clothes and finally I am letting go...

anyone else here struggle with letting go??
Good on ya, Bee and Lilah -- sounds like good progress to me. And you're doing a great job, foxxycat foxxycat !
Yeah, I have emotional connections and memories attached to some things, and as far as clothes go, I've got some from college days (and that was awhile back ;) ) My family reused and recycled everything they could, so I do, too. As long as there's a place for everything and the house is neat, it's not a problem for me. When all of my closets are jammed full of clothes, it's time to buy new ones o_O and give some of the old ones away. I've noticed that all my life, people have tended to give me things, so there's that, too. I don't want to offend by giving away things people have given me, but there has to be a limit. My motto is, "What would company honestly think?" ;)

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool cloth or maybe ice bag might be good.
Thank you. I will try that.

When I was holding Felix and the piece of nail went into my eye, I froze and said, "Oh, God no. Please, no." And Felix looked at me like, "Is something wrong?" So, I closed the bad eye and continued to cut his nails with my one good eye.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I will try that.

When I was holding Felix and the piece of nail went into my eye, I froze and said, "Oh, God no. Please, no." And Felix looked at me like, "Is something wrong?" So, I closed the bad eye and continued to cut his nails with my one good eye.
That's a really bizarre thing to have happen. Never happened with me. Do you have any glasses or goggles you can wear when you clip?

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - That's so weird because this always happens to me. Not the nail getting into my eye but it always flies really close to my face. I'm literally dodging pieces of nail every time I cut their nails. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Funny thing is, I bought goggles yesterday for wood working but now they have two purposes.

But yeah, definitely going to wear the safety goggles from now on. That was not a fun experience.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - That's so weird because this always happens to me. Not the nail getting into my eye but it always flies really close to my face. I'm literally dodging pieces of nail every time I cut their nails. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Funny thing is, I bought goggles yesterday for wood working but now they have two purposes.

But yeah, definitely going to wear the safety goggles from now on. That was not a fun experience.
Woodworking goggles would be perfect!
Are you using specific nail clippers for cats? Here are several styles:
I use some like the yellow-handled ones. They're widely available (amazon, petco, etc.). I would not use human nail clippers on cats.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
But Fayola and Felix are now on the bed together which they have never done so what does this mean? I don't understand them.
Considering the posts after this one, I'm reasonably certain that what it means is...they've had a disagreement, settled it in the way cats always do, and have now reached a new level of understanding one another.

LOL, and I use the vet. Last time I attempted to clip claws at home, I ended up with three stitches. Hekitty is not a cat to be lightly trifled with. She wasn't trying to hurt me, she was simply struggling hard. She's very strong, and her back paw got me good!

Status
Not open for further replies.