Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
George Strait
I love George Strait. :loveeyes:

IMHO they should have devoted the entire 2 1/2 hours to Waylon, of course
I agree. Waylon is the best...I also really loved the episode about Sun Records. I always loved that sound, but the artists always left Sam Phillips to go to the bigger record producers.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the documentary is over.. sigh.

I did discover that my favorite singers are neo-traditional; meaning new traditional. I have all their CD's.

So glad they did a mini profile of Vince Gill. He really has an angelic voice. I love his music. I even contemplated playing, "Go High on that Mountain" for my dad's services. We both love his musing.

Now, I need to find a good radio station, I can pull up on the web. Locally, it is just the really new stuff, which I do not care for.

I do not have Sirius radio.

I have been playing "Country Legends" from Texas, on Tune-in radio. Need to find another station. I play it on Alexa. Good sound.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the gazillion things I love about the internet is that I can listen to whatever I want to and watch whatever I want to without anyone criticizing, saying 'That's not our music' or 'We don't listen to them', or 'That stuff is OLD!' A lot of people think and like/dislike independently of what they're told/pushed to do/like/dislike. Just look at the threads on YouTube for any artist. And then, don't be influenced by trends! When you learn how these things work, hopefully you won't ever be taken in by peer pressure or mainstream media influence again. Music, like all the arts and just about anything else, is personal. Last night's "COUNTRY MUSIC" finale talked about that in depth. Big props to Ken Burns and Co. for that!
Last night's show was HARD for me to take, not only the Vince Gill song but also the photos of Johnny Cash at the end of his life and the heartrending clip of Roseanne Cash singing at his funeral. She is such a great artist and on a personal level, I am so glad that she was able to be close to her dad, accept him for who he was and make her peace with the facts of her growing up and his being as he was during that time. What a powerful testament to family and love! That's what this music is all about and that's why it will always be close to the heart of anyone who really listens to it, IMHO. *I do wish they'd done something on The Highwaymen as a lead-in to that story, and also told of Waylon's passing, which was equally heartrending. But all in all, "COUNTRY MUSIC" is my favorite Ken Burns series.*

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I just had a few years of my life shaved off.

My brother forgot to shut his workout room's door. The room is unfinished and has our water heater in it, a big opening leading into the ceiling and all that pink foam-like stuff. Basically, the one room in the house other than the Well room the boys are not allowed to go in because of how much they could get into.

Well, I noticed Teddy was missing and started looking in his usual hiding spots, finding nothing. Knowing the room was open, my gut was telling me he had to be in there. I was thinking he was simply behind the heater and junk and went in there with my phone flashlight. I called him and heard rustling, and looked up, and GUESS WHO WAS IN THE FRICKIN CEILING? LIKE INSIDE THE ACTUAL CEILING?

He was also stuck because he had no idea how to get down. He doesn't like being handled and was already scared, so to add more to my own stress, he kept backing up into the ceiling out of my sight to dodge my grabby hands.

I had to stand on a step ladder to reach him and I was rougher with him than I would normally be because I knew being all soft and gentle would risk him slipping out of my grasp and possibly getting further into the ceiling. So I grabbed him and pulled hard, his nails scraping and sticking into everything he could get them into until he was out.

Thankfully he wasn't hurt in the extraction, at least as far as I could tell after looking him over.

But now I have two signs on each side of the door saying KEEP SHUT because my brother always forgets. I've told him to keep that room shut, my mom has told him to keep that door shut, but now he has a reminder no matter which side of the door he is on.

So yeah, hopefully, that never happens again. I don't know how far that hole in the ceiling goes but I don't want to find out because of my furry little Indiana Jones.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I just had a few years of my life shaved off.

My brother forgot to shut his workout room's door. The room is unfinished and has our water heater in it, a big opening leading into the ceiling and all that pink foam-like stuff. Basically, the one room in the house other than the Well room the boys are not allowed to go in because of how much they could get into.

Well, I noticed Teddy was missing and started looking in his usual hiding spots, finding nothing. Knowing the room was open, my gut was telling me he had to be in there. I was thinking he was simply behind the heater and junk and went in there with my phone flashlight. I called him and heard rustling, and looked up, and GUESS WHO WAS IN THE FRICKIN CEILING? LIKE INSIDE THE ACTUAL CEILING?

He was also stuck because he had no idea how to get down. He doesn't like being handled and was already scared, so to add more to my own stress, he kept backing up into the ceiling out of my sight to dodge my grabby hands.

I had to stand on a step ladder to reach him and I was rougher with him than I would normally be because I knew being all soft and gentle would risk him slipping out of my grasp and possibly getting further into the ceiling. So I grabbed him and pulled hard, his nails scraping and sticking into everything he could get them into until he was out.

Thankfully he wasn't hurt in the extraction, at least as far as I could tell after looking him over.

But now I have two signs on each side of the door saying KEEP SHUT because my brother always forgets. I've told him to keep that room shut, my mom has told him to keep that door shut, but now he has a reminder no matter which side of the door he is on.

So yeah, hopefully, that never happens again. I don't know how far that hole in the ceiling goes but I don't want to find out because of my furry little Indiana Jones.
Hopefully that hole in the ceiling will be closed with all due haste?!! Or at least a temporary way to close it?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They always want to be anywhere they're not supposed to go. Our water heater is in a closet. When they come to do inspections, they always spray inside the closet. Today, as soon as he opened the door, Connor darted in there behind the water heater and I had a hell of a time getting him out.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hopefully that hole in the ceiling will be closed with all due haste?!! Or at least a temporary way to close it?
I guess I should rephrase. It's not really a hole, but a complete unfinished wall and section of the ceiling. The crawl space Teddy got into is where the arrow is pointing. He probably used the heater and this bar my brother uses to do chin-ups (I pulled it off because it was in the way) to get up in there.

This is inside the crawl space where he was. Had to reach my hand up and stand on my tiptoes to get a pic of it. Also flash was on because it's dark up in there.

It looks wide enough for me to crawl into, so not an easy patch up job :sigh: That's why we just keep the door shut. It probably won't be redone at all or until my mom sells the house, possibly next year.

So yeah, stressful knowing my boys could get up there if the door is not shut. Can't imagine not being home if one of them got stuck...

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They always want to be anywhere they're not supposed to go. Our water heater is in a closet. When they come to do inspections, they always spray inside the closet. Today, as soon as he opened the door, Connor darted in there behind the water heater and I had a hell of a time getting him out.
lol yeah, once they get into those forbidden places it's such a pain to get them out. I could only imagine how hard getting them out of the Well room would be. It's so small and tight. I'd just open a can of food and they probably would come running, but still.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I should rephrase. It's not really a hole, but a complete unfinished wall and section of the ceiling. The crawl space Teddy got into is where the arrow is pointing. He probably used the heater and this bar my brother uses to do chin-ups (I pulled it off because it was in the way) to get up in there.

This is inside the crawl space where he was. Had to reach my hand up and stand on my tiptoes to get a pic of it. Also flash was on because it's dark up in there.

It looks wide enough for me to crawl into, so not an easy patch up job :sigh: That's why we just keep the door shut. It probably won't be redone at all or until my mom sells the house, possibly next year.

So yeah, stressful knowing my boys could get up there if the door is not shut. Can't imagine not being home if one of them got stuck...
Something should be done, because it is dangerous.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 Sometimes small spaces seem to "bring that out" in a cat. IDK why. We had a large feline population two locations ago, and we had a double-sided gas wall heater between the living room and a little hallway. Over time, they completely rotted out the heater by spraying.:disappointed: I never discovered exactly who was doing this, so of course I couldn't address the issue individually. We bought a shop oil heater that we had to use when it got cold. When we moved, it went up in the barn for their heater there. Of course it got nailed up there. :sigh:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know. But we don't have the money for that big of a repair job. Keeping the door shut is all we can do for now. As long as my brother pays attention to the signs it should stay closed. No one else goes in there besides him.
It's probably a code violation. Something really needs to be done. It is dangerous.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's probably a code violation.
Depends on where you live. I could build a hut in my front yard and live in it and the county wouldn't even care.

That's an interesting idea. I'll have to run it by my mom and see what she thinks and just ask her in general if there is something we could do to at least block the ceiling.
Just make sure it's easy to take down in case the hot water heater leaks.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on where you live. I could build a hut in my front yard and live in it and the county wouldn't even care.

Same here, kashmir64 kashmir64 but I am very concerned for Teddy. Living beings need to be prioritized above all else! and their safety and wellbeing should absolutely be ensured as much as possible within the home environment. When there is someone who can't be counted on to make sure Teddy can't get into the same potentially dangerous situation again, something has to be done to protect Teddy.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I live in Michigan. Not sure if it'd be considered one here. Also have no idea if my parents bought the house with that gap or if it's something they never finished. My life at this house has been a blur lol

I would just put it up to block the ceiling crawl space, not the entire wall. I'll spit ball ideas with my mom tonight.

I put two signs up reminding my brother to keep the door shut. I also informed him of what happened. He'll probably think I'm being over dramatic and will roll his eyes at the double signs but I don't know what is up in that crawl space and really don't want the boys up there, so he can suck it up lol

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Same here, kashmir64 kashmir64 but I am very concerned for Teddy. Living beings need to be prioritized above all else! and their safety and wellbeing should absolutely be ensured as much as possible within the home environment. When there is someone who can't be counted on to make sure Teddy can't get into the same potentially dangerous situation again, something has to be done to protect Teddy.
Which is why I put up the signs to remind my brother to shut the door when he is done. I hope that will be enough. I'm a very talented nagger lol and will make sure he remembers.

Hopefully the next house won't have these little secret passageways...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take my beloved cats' safety very seriously. If he doesn't, I would have to act pre-emptively to make sure they are safe. That's all I'm saying. Doesn't sound like he'll take signs very seriously, from what you're saying. May your cats be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.