The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you...but....
Unfortunately, unless he becomes physical there is nothing that the police can do. First Amendment gets in the way.
If the college kicks him out, then you better be careful walking to your car. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
But if you have him on tape making nasty remarks, at least you have proof.
I believe @Graceful-Lily is in Canada, so First Amendment doesn't apply, but not sure what the laws are exactly, so there may be something similar.

Just try and stay safe!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe @Graceful-Lily is in Canada, so First Amendment doesn't apply, but not sure what the laws are exactly, so there may be something similar.

Just try and stay safe!
Good point. Wasn't sure and should have never made the assumption that she was in the U.S.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you...but....
Unfortunately, unless he becomes physical there is nothing that the police can do. First Amendment gets in the way.
If the college kicks him out, then you better be careful walking to your car. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
But if you have him on tape making nasty remarks, at least you have proof.
Exactly. The double standard is alive and well. As it has been for hundreds of years. So far, ignoring has worked for me. This kid is bullying because he wants to get something going so he can have justification for his thoughts/feelings/potential action(s). Ignoring doesn't always work, but it's probably the only real option.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My root canal on this tooth was a long time ago too. Maybe 17 years.
True story about how the root canal was perfected. The dentist who had been working on it was at his wit's end. He had tried everything, but ONE STEP would not work, and without that one step, the root canal would never be viable. In desperation one night, he literally got down on his knees, and said, "God, I've done every single thing I know to do. This could help so many people. PLEASE show me how to do this!" He crawled in bed, went to sleep, and dreamed he was doing a root canal. He saw the problem step done in a way he had never even considered. The next day, he tried it, and it worked perfectly. I know this is true, because that dentist was a friend of my parents, and told them about it in my presence.

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Classes had become quite enjoyable and I thought everything was going good. Then, a young man in my group started being disrespectful. First, his bag hit my leg and he didn't even look at me, apologize or ask me if I was okay. I thought, "Alright then. Whatever." We get to class and he takes my seat to talk to a friend. I ask him if he's going to sit in my seat and he completely ignores me. Later on in that same class, he bumps into a chair that has wheels and it rolled - hitting me pretty hard. Again, he walks away without saying anything.

Today, the instructor compared my work to his and later on in the class, he turns around to his friend (I'm in the back row, they are in the row in front of me and he is in the row in front of them) and he starts talking about how much he hates the black pen for drawing. He goes on to say, "I hate black."

Someone please tell me I'm reaching with this and drawing imaginary lines. I hardly ever play the race card but this is getting to be too much now. I'm scared. Whenever he looks at me, he gives me very awful glares. Like he'd gut me like game if he could.
:2cents:

I worked in legal aid for a year for an employment attorney. What I would do is exactly what I told our clients. And it's exactly what I did when I was the target of workplace harassment that nearly killed me.

1. Keep a diary/bullet journal of everything he does and says. We couldn't do anything without proof. That journal was what told my boss and her 2IC that everything was getting worse. The 2IC had no idea what was going on until we had a meeting about it, I produced my journal, and counted the number of incidents in a week. When I could prove it was over 6 incidents a week his eyes got big and he observed that it was getting worse.

2. If this continues and your journal can prove that it's getting worse, go to your department head. My school has a specific office for this sort of thing.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True story about how the root canal was perfected. The dentist who had been working on it was at his wit's end. He had tried everything, but ONE STEP would not work, and without that one step, the root canal would never be viable. In desperation one night, he literally got down on his knees, and said, "God, I've done every single thing I know to do. This could help so many people. PLEASE show me how to do this!" He crawled in bed, went to sleep, and dreamed he was doing a root canal. He saw the problem step done in a way he had never even considered. The next day, he tried it, and it worked perfectly. I know this is true, because that dentist was a friend of my parents, and told them about it in my presence.
Obviously this was long after my root canal was done. I'm not even sure this dentist got the whole root.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Classes had become quite enjoyable and I thought everything was going good. Then, a young man in my group started being disrespectful. First, his bag hit my leg and he didn't even look at me, apologize or ask me if I was okay. I thought, "Alright then. Whatever." We get to class and he takes my seat to talk to a friend. I ask him if he's going to sit in my seat and he completely ignores me. Later on in that same class, he bumps into a chair that has wheels and it rolled - hitting me pretty hard. Again, he walks away without saying anything.

Today, the instructor compared my work to his and later on in the class, he turns around to his friend (I'm in the back row, they are in the row in front of me and he is in the row in front of them) and he starts talking about how much he hates the black pen for drawing. He goes on to say, "I hate black."

Someone please tell me I'm reaching with this and drawing imaginary lines. I hardly ever play the race card but this is getting to be too much now. I'm scared. Whenever he looks at me, he gives me very awful glares. Like he'd gut me like game if he could.
Give me 5 minutes alone in a room with this guy and my T-Ball bat!!:fuming::angryfire::livid::censored:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True story about how the root canal was perfected.
I wish your friend did my root canal. The lady that did mine messed it up. It has bothered me for many years, now it is rotten and the root is exposed. My dental insurance doesn't start until Oct. 1st though. I wish it included dental implants, they really are the best.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is driving me nuts. Apparently, a flying ant and a gnat have found their way into the vent of my tv screen ( I use this for my computer). So I'm trying to read posts on this site, and with the white background all I can see are these two bug shadows moving around on the screen. I can't get to them since they're on the inside.
I'm hoping they die soon without causing a fire, because I'm not tearing my tv apart to get them. Or better yet, find their way out.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son had yet another interview this morning. He just got a call that he got the job. He is now a residential tech at a mental health hospital.
It's only part-time because he still has school 4 days a week.
I'm so proud.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi You and me both on the subject of implants. Bridges and dentures are so old-school, uncomfortable, frequently breakable, and inefficient. Hopefully someday soon they will put people before profits and make implants THE way of replacing teeth that are unviable. And October 1 is going to be here very soon, so wishing you the BEST when it does kick in.
kashmir64 kashmir64 Congratulations to your son (and you!) :yess:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to quit university already as I'd already deferred the year, and decided that the whole university lifestyle would be a bit much for me; since I've always struggled with anxiety and depression and university only triggered that for the short while I was there. I've already gotten quite a lot of crap for being a dropout before I even started back home, so I'm feeling a little like a failure at the moment. Trying to figure out what to do next.
Is that something that you could change your mind on at do later or is it if you leave they won’t let you back in? Sometimes you just need longer to figure out you path.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi You and me both on the subject of implants. Bridges and dentures are so old-school, uncomfortable, frequently breakable, and inefficient. Hopefully someday soon they will put people before profits and make implants THE way of replacing teeth that are unviable. And October 1 is going to be here very soon, so wishing you the BEST when it does kick in.
kashmir64 kashmir64 Congratulations to your son (and you!) :yess:
Having finished an implant this last winter, it really isn’t a difficult or painful process but very long and expensive. Tooth extraction, bone grafts, tooth pin implant, tooth anchor implant, temporary crown and final crown was almost a year and total cost was somewhere close to $6,000.

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Re: university. If you have an official diagnosgis you think will be a disability situation at some point, you can get it on file with the campus health centre and the students with disabilities office. That's my situation as well (migraines, anaphylaxis to scents, and depression and anxiety plus hypoglycaemia) and that's what I did--I also have to have an EpiPen for candles and air fresheners and wanted that on my record for sure just so I could actually safely use a restroom on campus. Sigh. I've already had to utilize the counselling center but it was worth it, I definitely wouldn't have been able to make it through classes that particular day without doing so. I'm also in a yoga class literally just to control the anxiety (my own idea because I'm a social worker and wow, I'm glad I made that move. Our homework is meditation every night so I've been experimenting with what works for me). I would definitely check to see if your school has a disability office/policy and that you can work with them on it.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an implant completed last year.
It was a long process, and very expensive.

The issue was, I had a permanent bridge, connecting 3 back molars. The bride became loose. Being without a dentist, I managed to get ahold of some dental cement and put it back in place. This was a bad idea. The reason why the bridge became lose was because of decay.

By re-cementing it. I kept the decay there. Plus it worn down, creating a hole in there.

I was in bad shape. I did not have any pain because those teeth had been root canaled, years ago.

Finally, the bridge finally broke down, to a point where the root canal was even destroyed, and kept falling off.

I needed a dentist, desperately.. a good one.

I asked around, and found one. Thank God. He is wonderful.

It was either one implant, or a partial plate.

I decided to do the implant. It was a desperate decision.

I did it in stages, over a couple of years. I had the 2 teeth pulled, and and bone graft, at the same time. This was the hardest part, and the most painful. But I got through it.

After 4 months of healing, I could get the base of the implant anytime I wanted.

I waited until I could save some money.

Got that done, then it was on to the last stage! I got the screw and the tooth at the same time.

My dentist has a machine which, thought a compute takes measurements to get an exact fit. The machine takes a block of material, grinds it down to make a tooth out of it. It was amazing to watch. Yes, I watched the machine make my tooth.

And then they screw it in.

It was expensive, time consuming, but, really, you do not even notice that the implant is there.

I go back in a couple of weeks for full mouth x-rays, and to check on the implant, along with a cleaning.

It was just something I had to do, for myself.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Wow thats a huge expense. I floss several times a day because I fear my teeth would get worse than they are. I had the starting of gingivitis but it's under control with the prescription mouth wash and floss picks and flossing. Now if they could do something about my tips of teeth chipping that would be great. I go to Aspen dental and get cleanings every 6 months. I had 7 fillings done because I didnt go to the dentist for 4 years. It wasnt because of money, i just hated how they kept trying to sell me this or that and felt I didnt need it. Boy was I wrong.

Check aspen dental. They do free Xrays and pretty reasonable priced for cleanings. At the minimum get your cleaning done, they have payment plans to fix that tooth

Status
Not open for further replies.